White Rhino Posted August 30, 2010 Posted August 30, 2010 Cant wait to see it after powder.. what color Bert? Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted August 30, 2010 Author Posted August 30, 2010 the chassis will be satin black.The panels a metallic charcoal or silver and the suspension will be silver vein. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted August 31, 2010 Author Posted August 31, 2010 (edited) Well I dropped it off at State of The Art Powder coating services here in Vegas this afternoon. Everthing should be done and ready to pick up thursday night.....3 day weekend roller done on monday!!!hopefully Here are some pics of the tear down and close ups of some badass fab work full droop and will be bringing it up 1 inch to protect the shocks I have 18 degrees on the axle.I dont think I will have any issues with cvs even my girls showed up to help...or maybe just to look cute Edited August 31, 2010 by sanddunesaddict Quote
SKINNER Posted August 31, 2010 Posted August 31, 2010 that car is going to be so badass, lookin forward to seeing it after the weekend, sounds like your going to be pretty busy! Quote
Richard Cheese Posted August 31, 2010 Posted August 31, 2010 hey Ba BERRRT you got a flat tire on the flatbed? Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 1, 2010 Author Posted September 1, 2010 Thats an ice cream truck my friend is storing for someone else. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 2, 2010 Author Posted September 2, 2010 Well first I have to give thanks for Larry at V&L talking to me and asking all the important questions to make sure I would be happy with my car and its looks.I was all set to take it to him when Brian and Travis from the Custom Shop told me to check out another shop in Vegas that does high end work.Larrys pricing was good,I just didnt want to drive there this coming weekend and go pick it up next weekend.....that looses 2 weeks.So Larry.....When I do meet you which I make it a point to do someday the personal thank you is coming I dropped all my parts off at State of The Art here is Vegas monday at about 1:30pm.This morning I went and took pics he called me at 10:30am today to come look at one more color sample before he shot the panels.So I show up about 11:45 with the chassis sitting outside done in the sun All the suspension had just come out of the oven and was cooling down so they could clear them.The new color was actually better than the one I was going to do.So I tell him to go ahead with that color and he told me to be there at 5pm to pick it up.They were planning on tomorrow but they ran out of work earlier than anticipated.State of The Art hooked it up with a 2 day turn around and quality that is far more than I expected. As of now I have 49 days to get it done for the SCU regatta. So I got it home and all unwrapped.Its back on the lift and going to be full throttle on it starting tomorrow night. here are a couple pics and Pete will post more Quote
SKINNER Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 i seeeee you bert, does that mean there are some pics on the way???...lol Quote
80grit Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 Wow Bert. Looks awesome. Came out really good! Quote
dunefreak Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 LOOKS SO BADASS! Holy crap Bert. I dig it! More pics coming right up... Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 2, 2010 Author Posted September 2, 2010 I could barely drive home!!!! Quote
dunefreak Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 more SCU porn... Like a kid on Christmas morning!!! Quote
ynot Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 Nice Bert worth all those years of waiting, now that it's finally coming together. Really like the color choice. Dam fine machine right there! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 2, 2010 Author Posted September 2, 2010 Thanks everyone. Im definately still in shock that I own a car of this caliber. Never in a million years did I think I would own something like this. Pete as well as others always told me that good things come to those who wait. Quote
White Rhino Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 damn Bert that is coming out BEAUTIFUL!!! Quote
Jakster884 Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 This bad boy is coming out sikkkk. Looking good. Quote
bp-guy Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 Bert- I really like that color combo. Can't wait to see it in action. Quote
sandseeker Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 Wow that color combo is bad azz it looks great Bert Quote
lvnalolife Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 Bert, congrats man! I like the grin you had on the pic of you opening up the trailing arm and Pete's quote like a kid at Christmas. LOL Yeah I cant wait to ride in it! SCU regatta and at Dunetoberfest right? SHOTGUN! LOL Quote
CaptNkllm Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Looks awesome Bert!!!! Combo is awesome Capt Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.