How often do you TEXT?

dunefreak

It's something that has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now. FULL TIME TEXTERS!

Yes, I do it when it's convenient to do so but some people have takin this chit way too far. They use texting as a major form of communication these days. Do you ever stop and think when the last time you actually TALKED to certain people? :headbang1:

What's even worse is some people are starting to use it when it comes to business! :MBdance: Not professional at all. :barf: Is it so horrible to talk on the phone and actually say what you need to say?

Like I said, I text when it is convenient to do so. For example, when I'm busy or need a quick heads up or question answered. But I'm starting to get turned off by it real quick. Especially when incoming texts starts affecting my cel phone bill.

Pretty soon society will only know how to communicate with their thumbs! :MBdance:

That's all. I just thought I'd rant away and see if how everyone else felt about this.

Flame or rant away. :P

Ill admit I'm one of these people that texts all the time. Sometimes it's more conveient because it's short and to the point without a lot of small talk in between. :barf: it doesn't help that my plan includes unlimited texting either. However I don't use it in the work place and do agree that it's not professional.

It has nothing to do with being cheap, David. My plans allows for 500 in a month + unlimited M2M with Verizon people. If it goes over that many in a month, it's too damn much just cause! :barf: And ya know what? It has! ...just because of these full time text bitchezzz! :headbang1:

Chad I hear ya. Another rant for me would be people who HAVE to have small talk in a phone conversation. I am ok with a very quick, short and sweet phone call. Many people just can't ever get to the point and feel the need to drag out a phone call for no reason. Just say what you need ma facka. I don't need to know what you are doing and you don't need to know what I am doing. hahaa

I cant stand texting it takes more time to text than to just call some one and ask the same ? plus all the people that drive and text... oh dont get me started. when some one text me I always call them back just to answer their question. I refuse to text

I hardly ever text. I don't have a keyboard phone so it harder. I can't speel so that's another problem. :blonde: I do know a curtain DDR cheeser that loves texting. Dude can speed type on his phone.

We have a huge problem with it a school. Damn kids text nonstop. They are so addicted to their phones that when we take them away and the parents have to come get, you would think the world is coming to an end. They have every excuse in the world why they HAVE to have they phone. One more thing that is very disturbing is they can not tell time on a regular clock. :?:

Just call me. I can say what I need to say faster then I can text. And for gods sake, stop with all the POS, BTW, STFU, LOL, FYI, etc. WTF does all that mean anyway.

:D

The worst are those unnecessary replies, such as "k". If a message is that important I'll freaking call you with the information.

I agree!!!!

hey did you get my text? :lol::headbang1::barf::MBdance::booty:

actually I have learned to like texts. It does ask and or answer a question, short. Sweet and to the point!

course I dont get no where near 500 texts a month more like 200 :MBdance:

I'm slowly evolving; I got a new phone with the qwerty keyboard. I'm still a little reluctant, but it does help with some craiglist responses where I don't really care to talk to my tweaker customers :headbang1:

I have to admit though; it can be very annoying, to be out to lunch with someone that is married to it. As in family gatherings, where you go out of your way to get everyone together, and they stare into their screen, not connecting at all with the people that are there with them. :barf:

I agree!!!!

hey did you get my text? :lol::MBdance::barf::booty::lol:

actually I have learned to like texts. It does ask and or answer a question, short. Sweet and to the point!

course I dont get no where near 500 texts a month more like 200 :MBdance:

:headbang1: I checked my phone :clown:

I text....a lot. I hate calling cause sometimes people are in the middle of something where they cant talk or whatever so for them to say "k" in a text is a lot faster then having a 2 min conversation :barf::P

Edited by Raptor0206

ha I'm a texter, but only because alo of people I know text. sometimes it's easier to just call I agree but, when ur busy u can write something real quick then check it later works great for when I'm at work lol. 500 texts? umm I think my last bill had 3k texts haha

ha I'm a texter, but only because alo of people I know text. sometimes it's easier to just call I agree but, when ur busy u can write something real quick then check it later works great for when I'm at work lol. 500 texts? umm I think my last bill had 3k texts haha

I am the text Queen I dont do it if unsafe but I text like a MOFO and to me sometimes easier to get a point across cause some of the people I text need to go reread cause they dont get it.. So yes I text!!

Texting fiend man!!!

Thanks for letting me type this Im texting all my friends!

:barf:

Edited by Drumstick

What is STFU? I email and text from my Blackberry. I have to email for work. Texting is nice, esp when I need to send a quick message to a friend. I rarely text coworkers. I know they have email! :barf:

What is STFU? I email and text from my Blackberry. I have to email for work. Texting is nice, esp when I need to send a quick message to a friend. I rarely text coworkers. I know they have email! :barf:

Shut the F**K up not at you just answering your STFU question :D

apparently 67 messages too much last month.. OOF didnt realize i was on a limited plan for txts all this time lol.. Yo SKINNER and NINJAGREENGIRL get verizon so i dont gotta pay more on my phone bill...