How Does the upcoming Zuki 450 compair to the YFZ 450?

Ross and Alice

Will it be all that much improved?

I have 2 built YFZ's.

My son could use more suspention and power.

We're buying another quad,, and waiting to see the Zuki before we drop the coin.

I like the new fuel injected motors coming on the market.

Probably will go the FI route from now on.

Is the 06 honda 450 as good as it's touted to be?

Remaining message removed by admin due to content

Edited by Dime Store Hood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wait. im sure dirt wheels will be doing some 450 shootouts. also take notice at the dunes. remember the predaturd? that was supposed to be polaris answer to the hot quad competition. you dont hardly see any at the dunes. you see a alot of raptors and yfz 450's beacause they are great quads. if the new suzuki is great, im sure we will be seeing alot of them soon. :grin:

just wait. im sure dirt wheels will be doing some 450 shootouts. also take notice at the dunes. remember the predaturd? that was supposed to be polaris answer to the hot quad competition. you dont hardly see any at the dunes. you see a alot of raptors and yfz 450's beacause they are great quads. if the new suzuki is great, im sure we will be seeing alot of them soon. :grin:

Good take Dave

When the 650 jet ski hit the water I got burned big time.

A real anchor.

I learned a lesson to wait and see.

Good take Dave

When the 650 jet ski hit the water I got burned big time.

A real anchor.

I learned a lesson to wait and see.

Im by far no skinny fella and i had a kawi650.. on a perfect glass lake... i was able to run 51mph on my standup... :D I was very happy to say the least... and i was the only one in our group who could jump the thing worth a darn too... i only managed like 5' outta a wake but for my fat a$$ that was nice.. :D

I was at Dumont this past weekend and ran against a stock Suz. 450; Im not impressed at all! Smoked his a$$ big time!!! My bike has only the standard bolt ons for a yfz 450.

I kinda doubt that since it dosen't come out till Jan. Mabey it was a 400.

Edited by pokrmny

Elkas make some nice Rezzie shocks for the 400's :D Lots of stuff in the aftermarket for these things..

No ISBB, renekoki meant he saw reservoirs on the shocks just like the Z400's have stock. Remember Doug's shocks have those reservoirs, or can you even see past those purple shock covers. :beerpint:

Just my.02 but I think that suzuk is going to mop the yami's and honda. I've done way to much research on this quad. It is up to every race spec as much as a stock quad can be. Don't forget yoshimura pretty much designed that quad with Doug Gust(he has been mopping up the compitition on a z400.) Granted that is a super built factory bike. I am definately waiting to make a purchase 'till I throw a leg over that zuk.

The new suz.450 wont be any diffrent than the rest of the crap suzuki makes. If they were really serious about performance quads they wonld not have built the 400 or at least come out with a comprable bike to run with the yamahas. (Hondas arnt even worth talking about). I heard suzuki has been having alot of trouble with the fuel injection on their 4x4 quads; So i wouldnt be in a hurry to get the new 450; maybe next year they will have all the bugs worked out, Always a good idea not to buy 1st generation. Just my opinion :beerpint:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The new suz.450 wont be any diffrent than the rest of the crap suzuki makes. If they were really serious about performance quads they wonld not have built the 400 or at least come out with a comprable bike to run with the yamahas. (Hondas arnt even worth talking about). I heard suzuki has been having alot of trouble with the fuel injection on their 4x4 quads; So i wouldnt be in a hurry to get the new 450; maybe next year they will have all the bugs worked out, Always a good idea not to buy 1st generation. Just my opinion :flipoff:

I agree, I was set on waiting for the ''07 LTR's to come out but my dumb A$$ didn't stick to the plan and couldn't wait any longer....so I went out & bought an '06. My bad. :laughoff:

to be honest with everyone ilove my ltr 450 (even when the lug nuts come off) i havent had any problems at all with mine..im thinking of re gearing mine for sand so i dont have to shift alot, but all my buddies who have the new ltr 450 love them

post-643-1160024878.jpg

I agree, I was set on waiting for the ''07 LTR's to come out but my dumb A$$ didn't stick to the plan and couldn't wait any longer....so I went out & bought an '06. My bad. :flipoff:

Wow Dont be so rough on yourself. I also got the 06 and love it!! For the little amount of money I have spent on aftermarket parts I couldnt be happier with the performance and reliability of the bike overall I am glad I didnt wait till 07 I am enjoying this dune season with a new bad a$$ quad that I didnt have to dump a sh*t load of time and money into. Oh ya and the rednek0ki now knows(night drags) the out of the box performance of the crap suzuki sells will run his piped yfz up the hill any day. :laughoff: