How Does the upcoming Zuki 450 compair to the YFZ 450?

Ross and Alice

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you buy one of those suzuki buckets of sh*t :rockwoot:

Nothing.

:banghead:

Say what you want, but the critics are saying lots of good things about this bike.....

We recently had the opportunity to ride Suzuki's new QuadRacer LT-R450 in the dunes. While we had a very limited time on the new LT-R450 we did get a good feel for the machine. The fuel-injected motor offers plenty of power out of the corners with good top end performance. The suspension with its' long travel shocks and low and wide stance is, in our opinion, the best OEM suspension available today.

The race ready suspension features fully adjustable front piggyback shocks with huge 14mm shock rods. The rear shock is also fully adjustable and has a 18mm shock rod. Suzuki claims this is long travel suspension, but only gives a rear travel amount of 290mm (11.41 inches) in their specifications. It looks to be the longest on the market with Honda at 9.3" and Yamaha at 10.6". It's definitely the widest on the market sitting at 49" where Honda is at 46.3" and Yamaha at 46.1". We found that the extra 3" made a big difference in how it handles.

So how does it ride? The biggest thing we noticed was the suspension. With its wide stance, the LT-R450 cornered similar to a TRX250R with +3 a-arms. At high speeds, in a large bowl at the Glamis sand dunes it felt very stable and gave the rider a secure feeling. Other 450 based ATV's, in our opinion, don't offer this high-speed comfort. With a 250+ pound rider the shocks soaked up the whoops with style and didn't bottom out on some of the hard G-outs.

about the power? We'd have to say the power is 'on par' when compared to other 450 based ATV's. While we found that it's not the fastest in stock form, with a $40 modification it could be. In stock form the fuel injected motor offers extremely smooth throttle response, plenty of low-end grunt and decent top-end speed.

We were very impressed with the new Suzuki LT-R450. We feel the suspension is the best available on any OEM ATV and the power is right there with the other OEM's. We feel Suzuki hit the nail on the head with the new LT-R450!

So spend lots of money getting power out of the other 450's.....we'll spend less and get more with this one.

:banghead:

• 5 weeks later...

So I ask the DDR family. For my wife who has not gone riding since she was younger what is the best reliable quad for her. Honda 450,Yamaha 450or Zuk 450. I still want to ride sometimes too. I need some feed back from the crew. thanx :blink:

So I ask the DDR family. For my wife who has not gone riding since she was younger what is the best reliable quad for her. Honda 450,Yamaha 450or Zuk 450. I still want to ride sometimes too. I need some feed back from the crew. thanx :thumbsdown:

Those are all nice quads but I think if I was buying a quad for my wife that hasn't rode for quite awhile I would really think about the Kawasaki 700.

So I ask the DDR family. For my wife who has not gone riding since she was younger what is the best reliable quad for her. Honda 450,Yamaha 450or Zuk 450. I still want to ride sometimes too. I need some feed back from the crew. thanx :coffee:

I say you get the suzuki 450, that way your homies can ride it and see if they like it. :thumbsdown:

just wait. im sure dirt wheels will be doing some 450 shootouts. also take notice at the dunes. remember the predaturd? that was supposed to be polaris answer to the hot quad competition. you dont hardly see any at the dunes. you see a alot of raptors and yfz 450's beacause they are great quads. if the new suzuki is great, im sure we will be seeing alot of them soon. :headbang1:

Disagree. Do some reading, they will run with little effort. :shocked:

Those are all nice quads but I think if I was buying a quad for my wife that hasn't rode for quite awhile I would really think about the Kawasaki 700.

I let my wife go on my DS650 one time, and she came back white as a ghost. she had the front end up, hit the bar, and back down, then down a dune @ oceano.

those kaw 700's are nice, no shifting, just punch and go......tons of aftr market mods too. they are selling for around 4000 and less used on EBAY all the time

she doesn't like quads any more.

have your wife sit on all three to see which one is more ergonomic for her. can you test ride in your area? do that too.

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

• 2 weeks later...

:shocked2:

Wow Dont be so rough on yourself. I also got the 06 and love it!! For the little amount of money I have spent on aftermarket parts I couldnt be happier with the performance and reliability of the bike overall I am glad I didnt wait till 07 I am enjoying this dune season with a new bad a$$ quad that I didnt have to dump a sh*t load of time and money into. Oh ya and the rednek0ki now knows(night drags) the out of the box performance of the crap suzuki sells will run his piped yfz up the hill any day. :dunno:

Actually I'm real happy with the '06, as there's no changes to the '07 other than some better welds on the rear linkage. I just said to myself that I wouldn't buy another 1st year model, then I went out & bought one, LOL! :dunno::driver::dunno:

• 2 weeks later...