bathroom 7 vandalized

I effin love this site. It's the middle of summer and instead of everybody jumping on a drama bandwagon, we have duners using their free time to go out and DO something about it. I wish I had time to go Saturday. :lol: Props to you guys.

:laughing:

Will also try to go if i could fit in my schedule with the schooling and the work i hope i could i help to :D

all the help will be nice and make it alot faster . i was thinking of getting there about 630 to 700 am and kick it out fast and after heading to baker for some food :laughing:

Well... I have the Airless ready to go...

We will have the proper paint from the BLM, All the painting, masking and rolling tools.

Hey Bruce I will have 2 ladders, 2 brush and roller setups, 1 Gas powered airless (SpeeFlo 5500) a cooler of Ice water and BEER,some snacks, some empty 5 gal buckets to carry out the waste water so the sand stays clean, a Shovel if we get stuck or if I run into the pukes that did this... Oh and my .45

This kind of S*#T makes me sick! WTF is wrong with these punks today???

Anyway.. We will head out of Big Bear around 3am and should be there by sun up. I really do wish these "I.E. 909" loosers would show up.. Would make great pix for the site making them paint it out by hand at GUN POINT!! LOL!

I will take pictures of the Tagged walls and give it to the gang units in San Bernardino. Maybe they can find out who they are and charge them with Vandalism.

Does anybody know if the interior is tagged up? Also are the windows on these restrooms Plexiglass or real glass? If they are Plexi than I dint think I can remove the spray paint all the way with Lacquer Thinner. It may fog out the plastic. Also the Cement curb by the Black Exhaust vent pipe has been tagged. Gunna need to paint it cement color. The little wall signs are also tagged. The BLM may need to replace them, dont know if we can clean them all the way or not.

Bruce will take some pix as we clean the place up. Its going to be worth the trip...

Looks like DDR is taking care of OUR dunes again!!

:laughing:

holly cow! just now checked from my post earlier and i'm amazed with the response i i got from what i mentioned. i've been out here (moved from Miami) for almost 2 years now (4-5 times to dumont) and have been amazed with how great the crowd is out here let alone everyone from this site. i've been to a few meets at the pole and chatted with a few as well. ive done my share of BS as a kid, but damn i never understood the whole "tagging" graffiti crap! not sure if my schedule will allow to make it out this sat, but i will do my best. i'm truly just glad to see positive responses from everyone on here and that this pointless destructive act will now turn into a bathroom with a fresh coat of paint! thanks to all who chimed in......

Does anybody know if the interior is tagged up? Also are the windows on these restrooms Plexiglass or real glass? If they are Plexi than I dint think I can remove the spray paint all the way with Lacquer Thinner. It may fog out the plastic. Also the Cement curb by the Black Exhaust vent pipe has been tagged. Gunna need to paint it cement color. The little wall signs are also tagged. The BLM may need to replace them, dont know if we can clean them all the way or not.

The inside is tagged up also, they got it inside and out!

Denatured Alcohol will work to clean the windows and shouldnt melt the plastic.. I have a gal if someone want to pick it up

Let me know

David

Good talking with ya yesterday Bruce,. My girlfriends grand daughter is staying with us. We're talking her back to Ca. Sunday. but I'm hearing MAYBE Sat. earily morning, If so I may show up.

Bruce AND EVERYONE : GREAT THING YOUR DOING !!! THANK-YOU

I would love to catch these *&+$CKERS in the act?!?!?

Good talking with ya yesterday Bruce,. My girlfriends grand daughter is staying with us. We're talking her back to Ca. Sunday. but I'm hearing MAYBE Sat. earily morning, If so I may show up.

Bruce AND EVERYONE : GREAT THING YOUR DOING !!! THANK-YOU

I would love to catch these *&+$CKERS in the act?!?!?

got the paint to day from the blm and we are ready for saturday i will be there about 630 am to fix this problem thank you bill., rob, and any one who has stepped up to the plate to help in some way or another ps it would be cool if some one would bring a ddr sticker

Hey guys, thanks to all for stepping up and taking the initiative to clean these jerks' mess up. I'd be there with you to help but there is no way Saturday works for me. I already have other commitments. Please take some pics of the cleanup if you could to share with us when you get back. Hopefully it's a quick easy job. :D

Side note: livetodrag (jay) did pm me after the last night drags to offer his help to clean this up the same way but I thought it would interfere with the way BLM needs to handle it. Turns out I was wrong. :pissed:

ok unless work calls in the next couple of hours im in!

should be leaving northwest vegas little before 5am. anyone interseted in riding along and helping let me know. sounds like everything is covered do you need me to bring anything. will bring a 5 gallon bucket of clean up water, drinking water, camera, brush, rags...............

ok unless work calls in the next couple of hours im in!

should be leaving northwest vegas little before 5am. anyone interseted in riding along and helping let me know. sounds like everything is covered do you need me to bring anything. will bring a 5 gallon bucket of clean up water, drinking water, camera, brush, rags...............

Steve ...we are gonna meet at bathroom 7 at 5am. Hope to knock it out in 3 hours. Then head to Baker for breakfast. Suppose to be 118 out there tomorrow and 88 at 6 am ....hence that is why were going so early before it gets hot.

Ill have plenty of ice water. Im leaving at 1 am :?:

Im loading the truck tonight with everything.

Its going to be one hot b*tch of a day tomorrow..LOL! :P

Should be in and out in a few hours... Thanks of the help from everyone headin out!!

I am leaving Big Bear around 2am....Should be at your house around 2:45am Bruce..

:pissed:

Edited by Dune Family

well sense im going to be the first person home i thought i would start a write up. met up with Rob (80grit) bruce (turbo bruce) bill (dune family) out at bathroom 7 about 5am this morning. bill made short work of painting with his airless gas powered sprayer. while the rest of us scrubbed the windows and signs and toilet! we covered all the graffiti taking 5 colors of paint with the concrete and vent pipe. cant believe how much of a a-hole the person that did this was. after bill did his professional finial touch up we started to head back out. from the main road in the early morning sun bruce saw that bathroom 5 had been tagged also. so we headed down and made quick work of cleaning it up. thankfully it was only on the outside and not nearly as bad as bathroom 7 was. from there we headed to baker for some IHOP breakfast (thanks rob). the dirt road into dumont was as bad as i have ever seen it!

would like to thank Bruce for his foot work dealing with Blm, Rob (driving 4hours each way) providing supplies and, Bill for being a professional painter and knocking it out 5 times faster then without the sprayer. dont think they even needed me but i jumped in and did what was needed.

just another time the DDR community takes care of our mother D :pissed:

i took a few pics but rob had the big gun camera out documenting the clean up.....

post-978-1279390691_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390731_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390776_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390824_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390869_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390910_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279390952_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279391001_thumb.jpg

post-978-1279391042_thumb.jpg

MAD PROPS TO YOU GUYS! :beat:

Thank you for taking the time, energy, and effort to go out in the middle of the desert early in the morning to clean up where we play. Not to mention dealing with the heat and spending the $ in gas too! It looks great!!! You guys rock! :pissed:

Hey guys!!

That was AWSOME!!! I loved getting up early this morning and heading to Dumont before the sun was up!! :beat:

The Restrooms were tagged up really bad. :atv: .

As we were painting I noticed one of th espray cans out in the sand and one laying inside the restroom. They both have very good 'Finger Prints" in the paint and along the body of the cans. I have a good thumb print and some side finger prints just on the green can. The silver spray can has the shipping numbers in the bottom and a few smaller prints. I will pull the prints and see what I can get this week. The BLM probably will not want the cans but I will sak Monday. As for the Pukes that left the cans behind...THANKS FOR THE PRINTS!! :P

We all fell in to place and kicked it out! Turbo Bruce, 80Grit Rob and Vegas Style Really Kicked AZZ on this! I wish my paint crew worked this well.. Everything worked like a machine!

This trip made me really think about how much I love taking my family to Dunont the few times we get to go now and how much the dunes mean to all of us!! Id do it again in a second.. and the guys that came out to chip in are the best!! :pissed:

If we make it out this season, I hope to meet up with you guys and do some dune runs with the Familys!

P.S. THE DUNES LOOKED FRIGGEN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 80 Grit has some great sunrise Shots! :D

:atv:

Edited by Dune Family