YFZ 450 vs Zuki 450

Ross and Alice

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the 'zuk is a race ready bike (mx) stock but the yfz is 18 lbs. lighter and has better gearing in the tranny (not as tall) and if i'm not mistaken has an extra valve, but gear the 'zuk correctly for it's h.p. and look out they fly. it still comes down to rider in the end though. hey girl with horns we'll have to race the next time i see ya out at armagosa :laughing:

I think the zuki is a very nice machine, so is the Honda, I just like the Yamaha better. Can I get in on the zuki vs girl with horns race at Amargosa? :jester:

im down :thumb:

is your bike stock?

Is my bike stock? is yours :P:dunno: ? You do have pipe, filter, cams, ect.... right? I am more interested in racing the zuki then you. Well actually, I am really more interested in seeing you beat that Slowzuki ha ha J/K. BY the way do you still wear the helmet with the horns? I talked to you one time at Amargosa, at the hill. I don't always remember the people I meet at the dunes but a girl wearing a helmet with horns is hard to forget. :D

Edited by mineurbiz

Is my bike stock? is yours :P :north_pole: ? You do have pipe, filter, cams, ect.... right? I am more interested in racing the zuki then you. Well actually, I am really more interested in seeing you beat that Slowzuki ha ha J/K. BY the way do you still wear the helmet with the horns? I talked to you one time at Amargosa, at the hill. I don't always remember the people I meet at the dunes but a girl wearing a helmet with horns is hard to forget. :D

hey there, your rappy is the se version, i haven't seen many of those yet but i think you were either there at armagosa or even racing my buddy on my first ltr when he crashed at the top of comp hill and the bike continued on about 1/2 way down the hill :unsure: totalled it by the way and my buddy is ok. was that you?

Just curious has that been proven or just something that has been said?

The Suzuki dealer on Craig said that pipe and cherry bomb plus filer adds 10 and I think they are about 32 to 33 stock so that should put them at about 42 total.

an aquaintance of mine, steve @ FUELATV.com in cali is doing major r&d on the ltr's and what he's got back from the dyno is this= 1=48 h.p. w/cherry bomb,no lid,no spark arrestor,91 pump fuel.

2=51 h.p. w/cherry bomb,no lid,full DASA exhaust system,91 pump fuel.

3=55 h.p. w/same set-up as #2 + mild cams & mild port & polish.

that is gospel :D

LTR making 48 HP with just a cherry bomb no lid and no spark arrestor? that is a 13 to 16 HP gain. The bike is reported to make 33 to 35 HP stock. But hey if he has it on a dyno then he should know. What setting is his dyno on, I know what my bike makes on a standard vs sae settings. His numbers just sound a little high for the work done, since it is the lowest HP bike out of the crate.

Edited by mineurbiz

hey there, your rappy is the se version, i haven't seen many of those yet but i think you were either there at armagosa or even racing my buddy on my first ltr when he crashed at the top of comp hill and the bike continued on about 1/2 way down the hill :idiot: totalled it by the way and my buddy is ok. was that you?

That was not me, I ride the YFZ.

Edited by mineurbiz

My dad was on a raptor 700 with a pipe, filter, and the computer deal and i was on a kfx 400 with a pipe, rev box, airbox eliminator kit and i beat one suzuki(im only like 140 pound though and he beat the rest of them, but i dont know a whole lot about them cause im a banshee guy.

I've talked to several Zuki 450 owners that have the Cherry bomb, aftermarket pipe ect and they all have claimed that the YFZ with a little performance work is a faster unit.

Is this true, or just the luck of the draw that I talked to the negative bunch?

Any compairson tests available yet?

The Zuki sure seems nice.

IVE RODE BOTH AND I LIKE THE YFZ BETTER THEY HAVE MORE POWER I RACED A SUZUKI 450 ONA YFZ WIHT ALL THE SAME MODS WIHT A KID LIGHTER THAN ME BY 20 POUNDS AND I WAS 2 BIKES AHEAD OF HIIM BUT NOTHINGS LIKE A RAPTOR 700R THATS THE WAY TO GO THESE 450S CANT TOUCH IT UNLESS YOU GOT SOME MONEY AND SOME WORK INTO THEM AND I MEAN A GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY NOT JUST A PIPE AND INTAKE

IVE RODE BOTH AND I LIKE THE YFZ BETTER THEY HAVE MORE POWER I RACED A SUZUKI 450 ONA YFZ WIHT ALL THE SAME MODS WIHT A KID LIGHTER THAN ME BY 20 POUNDS AND I WAS 2 BIKES AHEAD OF HIIM BUT NOTHINGS LIKE A RAPTOR 700R THATS THE WAY TO GO THESE 450S CANT TOUCH IT UNLESS YOU GOT SOME MONEY AND SOME WORK INTO THEM AND I MEAN A GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY NOT JUST A PIPE AND INTAKE

Ive rode all 3 the 700's are dogs stock , hell you gotta dump tons of money into those piles to make them run with a 450 , ive even raced modded ones and beat them with a cammed 450 honda , so fk 700's

I have not run our 700 against a piped 450 but with the DMC4 After burner exhaust and programmer, it runs pretty good. I will try and find a pipe 450 next sunday at dumont and put it to the test. That is if I can get my fiance off of it (it is her bike) to try.

Ive rode all 3 the 700's are dogs stock , hell you gotta dump tons of money into those piles to make them run with a 450 , ive even raced modded ones and beat them with a cammed 450 honda , so fk 700's

fk 700's? Easy youngblood...most bikes stock are dogs, especially in the sand. I haven't "dumped a hell of a lot of money" into my 700 and last weekend I was beating all 3 of the 450's up comp. I wasn't beating them by many bike-lenghts, but after seeing what the 450s were capable of, I don't regret my purchase at all. Best sport quad I've ever rode. :thumb:

fk 700's? Easy youngblood...most bikes stock are dogs, especially in the sand. I haven't "dumped a hell of a lot of money" into my 700 and last weekend I was beating all 3 of the 450's up comp. I wasn't beating them by many bike-lenghts, but after seeing what the 450s were capable of, I don't regret my purchase at all. Best sport quad I've ever rode. :laughing:

I want one of those bikes! :thumb: That will probably be my next quad. I love my 660, it dunes great and that's all I give a damn about.