YFZ 450 vs Zuki 450

Ross and Alice

whoa whoa whoa...I'll spot with you that the YFZ is faster, but FAR faster is pushing it....I can read your tire size on the back tire of your bike goin up the hill :rockon:

Find out again on the 7th! I'll booby trap that red and white hunk of sh*t if I need to!! :rockwoot:

So far the guys I ride with that are on Yamaha's are either pretty close or in front of me...we all have similar stuff done, pretty much a riders race. I cant walk away from them and vice versa...Braapman being the exception, his crower cam did a body good and he pulls away :driver:

The Suzuki has WACKED gearing for the sand, super tall(1st gear launches, mid 3rd up comp)....so its touchy, gotta kinda learn what it likes.

Other than that, its competitive....you aint gonna blow anyones doors off either way, bolt on for bolt on.

Im not talking about my bike . :woo_hoo:

Im talking about bikes like dannys.

My slow turd has a black cloud over it.

But it still owns you!!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont count :rockwoot:

:rockon: why not, I can bet you our 06, with my sparks bigcore, and intake could take your LTR. Bolt on vs Bolt on, and the 06 is full weight.

Edited by MTX

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting responses.

Thanks for all your takes.

I put a deposit on a Zuki 450 for the wife, and she changed her mind & said she'd rather me wait until something comes on the market I want, and she'll take my YFZ 450.

The Zuki has the lower, wider feel, and she liked that,, but would rather eventually have my YFZ.

Seems Chix love the new Raptor, wife has long legs I'd like her to check it out too.

We had the second year Raptor but it was too tipsy, and we got leg cramps from the rider position.

Edited by Ross and Alice

• 3 months later...

if its anything like a rapturd changing the gearing makes a big difference for littel dough. get the gear ratio right. cost you about 25 30 dollars and get the grunt back long legged bikes suck sand in sand lol

I agree. I get them from here. Cheap. $20 shipped in most cases.

https://magicracing.3dcartstores.com/Front-...kets_c_257.html

The Cherry bomb giving 7 HP? I thought the pipe gave it about 7 and the cherry bomb gave it a couple more? Has anyone been on a dyno with just the cherry bomb?

The cherry bomb adds 7HP when you remove the airbox lid & spark arrestor on the otherwise stock LTR. I'm pretty sure going w/an aftermarket pipe will add more HP over that setup.

The cherry bomb adds 7HP when you remove the airbox lid & spark arrestor on the otherwise stock LTR. I'm pretty sure going w/an aftermarket pipe will add more HP over that setup.

Just curious has that been proven or just something that has been said?

The Suzuki dealer on Craig said that pipe and cherry bomb plus filer adds 10 and I think they are about 32 to 33 stock so that should put them at about 42 total.

well the 'zuk is a race ready bike (mx) stock but the yfz is 18 lbs. lighter and has better gearing in the tranny (not as tall) and if i'm not mistaken has an extra valve, but gear the 'zuk correctly for it's h.p. and look out they fly. it still comes down to rider in the end though. hey girl with horns we'll have to race the next time i see ya out at armagosa :jester: