rear paddles

daknuckler

Ok I was just wondering :think: I have Gecko's on my quad, I used to have sand skates. I like the Geckos better :idea: I am looking at buying some sand stars now and the guys at the shop say" OH these are the best paddles on the market " :coocoo: My opinion is they will say anything to sell you their more expensive product. :headbang1: So has anyone with Sand Stars noticed that they are just Incredibly better than other paddles :dunno: or is it just personal preference? Any input would be appreciated. thanks DDR folks :fro: :think:

Ok I was just wondering :think: I have Gecko's on my quad, I used to have sand skates. I like the Geckos better :idea: I am looking at buying some sand stars now and the guys at the shop say" OH these are the best paddles on the market " :coocoo: My opinion is they will say anything to sell you their more expensive product. :headbang1: So has anyone with Sand Stars noticed that they are just Incredibly better than other paddles :dunno: or is it just personal preference? Any input would be appreciated. thanks DDR folks :fro: :think:

If those Geckos are still good I would stay with them until they're worn out.

The ITP sand stars are good paddles. I haven't had any personal experience with them, but I have heard good things about them. I run Skat Trak Xtreme Haulers and love em. It is mostly personal prefrence, but those paddles (SandStars) are pretty decent from what I've heard. :headbang1:

i have had a couple sets or geckos for a few years now. i dont think they can ever wear out in the sand. those tires are tough. and i like them. i think they pull better on my banshee too than the skates cuz i have a set of those to. i think the geckos handle just fine duning but then im old, what do i know. :P

The sand stars are great for duning. I had them for two seasons with no issues. If you want a good "duning tire I so get those. If u drag and do all hill climbing go with a straight paddle!!!

do you have a yamaha quad?

i have three sets of extreme grip haulers, and two sets of sandstars, all on itp t9 wheels if you'd like to try out sometime. we can go to the dunes and you can see for yourself what's a better preference for you. sizes are as follows:

22x11x10 10 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x10 10 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x10 8 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x9 sandstar.

20x10x10 sandstar.

i have two sets of 21x7x10 sandstar fronts, and two sets of 21x7x10 skat-trak mohawk front if you'd like to test them as well.

from my experience.. the geckos handled awfully in my opinion. the sandstars are a very decent dune tire. i prefer the skat-trak straight blade tires myself.. they don't turn very well but it's easier to sidehill than the v-blades.

do you have a yamaha quad?

i have three sets of extreme grip haulers, and two sets of sandstars, all on itp t9 wheels if you'd like to try out sometime. we can go to the dunes and you can see for yourself what's a better preference for you. sizes are as follows:

22x11x10 10 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x10 10 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x10 8 paddle extreme grip hauler.

20x10x9 sandstar.

20x10x10 sandstar.

i have two sets of 21x7x10 sandstar fronts, and two sets of 21x7x10 skat-trak mohawk front if you'd like to test them as well.

from my experience.. the geckos handled awfully in my opinion. the sandstars are a very decent dune tire. i prefer the skat-trak straight blade tires myself.. they don't turn very well but it's easier to sidehill than the v-blades.

Thanks for the input I will try them if I dont get some in the mean time. I think our next Dumont trip will be in OCT. I appreciate you offering them up. They are for my wife's bike which is a raptor 3fidy so I think the Stars will probably be better for her. So I will get in touch with you when we go out.

THANKS AGAIN :bawl::flipoff::laughing:

I have Sandstars front and rear on my YFZ for some time now, and love them. I have always used strait paddles in the past for shooting up comp, but the sandstars are great for the surfing the dunes and still do good in a drag. But still not as good as haulers. My opinion is that they're a good set of tires and are definately worth the money.

Thanks for the input I will try them if I dont get some in the mean time. I think our next Dumont trip will be in OCT. I appreciate you offering them up. They are for my wife's bike which is a raptor 3fidy so I think the Stars will probably be better for her. So I will get in touch with you when we go out.

THANKS AGAIN :rockon::rockwoot::driver:

no problem brother. i'll be out there in october on the seventh for bwIV, and the weekend before (september 30th i think it is) to make some practise runs for bwIV. after that i probably won't make it out to dumont again ntil halloween weekend. pm me when you find out you're going.

I had Sand Stars on my 03' Predator and they worked very well, I will prolly get them for my 06'. I would ocassoionally ride my friends Raptor with Haulers on it and I could not turn as well. It seemed to push in the corners and the Sand Stars did not do that. If you like to go straight, get the haulers, for a good in between, get the Stars. That's my $.02