Ideas to keep this place alive through summer

dunefreak

So with summer upon us and dune trips quickly dwindling for most duners, what can we do to keep this place worth stopping by and checking in?

Revive the 3 word game? NO :flipoff:

Here's one thing my dual sport riding group does and I thought it would be pretty cool to try...

I'm thinking of having monthly (or every other week) DDR eat & meets. They'd be similar to Thirsty Thursday but maybe like a place that is good pizza or tacos or ? etc. Sort of a place where we can meet up, grab some grub, maybe some drinks, meet some new faces from DDR or just check in with some familiar ones and shoot the sh*t. Of course I can only try to organize Vegas/ Henderson meetups, but I was thinking a good majority of DDR and Dumont people are in Vegas so at least I can try to do one here. California DDR people are a bit more widespread but are welcome to take the bull by the horns and do one in whatever area they live as well! :)

So please let me know your thoughts and if you would make an effort to attend or make suggestions for decent places to eat and grab some drinks in different areas of town. Maybe even some suggestions such as the best day of the week to hold this as well.

I think it would be a cool way to get to know each other better and at least a fun way to stay in contact with those that we dune with over the months between dune seasons. Maybe even get a better gauge of each others interest for summertime early AM dune runs too.

Any and all other ideas are welcome.

Just trying to keep the DDR community a fun and tight knit group as it has always been. People come and go, but one thing's for sure: DDR always has always been full of GOOD people. :thumb:

No 3 word game... WTF i was looking foward to that this summer haha... j/k

Eat and Greets sound fun maybe a few more morning rides this summer to peak some intrests and keep things going and even those cali folk who arent to far could make it.

I like the eat and greet idea, hump day (Wednesday) is kinda a mid week time that would work?

Sounds like a good day to me. Breaks the week up.

DUAL SPORT RIDES! lol

maybe a full moon nighttime dune sesh?

Well that's a given! haha Not many people on here are into DS bikes though. I'll still post up my trips reports and pics when I go out. Not sure that many people read them, but I know a few people on here like them.

I've noticed the biggest thing that keeps conversation going to is to speak what's on your mind, post up when you going to upcoming events in town, or just something retarded and funny that will get some good comments going. Too many people these days get sucked into facebook and don't ever post these things on DDR anymore. :rolleyes: We pay alot of $$ every month for hosting and bandwidth. Let's use it! We have plenty to spare.

I would not mind heading to Vegas for a weekend and do a Friday Eat and Drink and some R&R in Vegas for the weekend. Havasu is Going to Happen this year!!! Its been all work and no play lately. This has to stop.

i remember the last havasu invasion like it was yesterday.. well most of it at least lol there were those few hours where i dont remember sh*t! DDR invaded north beach with avengance lol. Almost kicked out for driving like an a$$ in the samurai. Loud Music.. and the list went on lol GOOD TIMES for sure lol

i remember the last havasu invasion like it was yesterday.. well most of it at least lol there were those few hours where i dont remember sh*t! DDR invaded north beach with avengance lol. Almost kicked out for driving like an a$$ in the samurai. Loud Music.. and the list went on lol GOOD TIMES for sure lol

Good times. That was 4 years ago...2008. I remember because the beer koozies Anna made up. haha

Great trip and awesome memories. One of Zukifreak's finest moments and one of the funniest memories I have of him in that Samurai. I sure miss that jackass . lol

There is this little hole in the wall place on Sunset and Sunset in the Smith's shopping center named "The Chicken Shack" They have the best wings, fingers, fries etc and are priced right. They sell beer there bud light and maybe a cpl others but we can always have a meal and a beer and then move it up to Barleys for some Fresh beer? So that's it I am in and I have named a place so somebody say when?

• Like 2

sounds good to me, i also have a contact at Lucilles Smokehouse. We could take over the patio area, It is not to budget friendly but knowing the GM helps a little. Its a thought. Let me know if thats something everyone would be up for 1 of the weeks. The more notice I have the easier it is

All great suggestions. I'll put a post together soon with Terry's suggestion as the first DDR eat n greet! Only thing is Wednesday doesn't work for me. I already have a thing from 6-8 on that day every week. Maybe Tues or Thurs will work for most?

There is this little hole in the wall place on Sunset and Sunset in the Smith's shopping center named "The Chicken Shack" They have the best wings, fingers, fries etc and are priced right. They sell beer there bud light and maybe a cpl others but we can always have a meal and a beer and then move it up to Barleys for some Fresh beer? So that's it I am in and I have named a place so somebody say when?

Chicken shack is the BOMB!!!!!!

You guys suck! Would love to join in but I'm in bed by 5pm work at 2:30 am Charlie could go by himself though.

I could be Charlie's date :)

Sounds all good to me.

Maybe a couple of Saturday or Sunday dirt rides up in the cooler climate of the mountains? Those have been good times in the past.