early morning run to Dumont, Sunday June 10th

dunefreak

early morning run to D: Sunday, June 10th

Let's figure out who is going and maybe get a Vegas carpool plan together.

Here's the plan....

It doesn't look like it's getting any cooler between now and then so I'm thinking we'll be leaving vegas around 3:30/ 4am, arriving at Dumont around sunrise (5:30). It should be in the upper 70's. Ride until it gets close to 100° (which is looking like 11/11:30 am or so) then bail. We should be able to get at least 3 good runs in and screw off between rides while the temps are low.

Only experienced riders should consider going. The summer dunes can be unpredictable and very dangerous to the less experienced. Bring lots of water and sufficient gear.

Let's ride! Anyone in?

:atv:

I was in till you said only experienced riders... :grin: I'll be riding on the 10th as well but breathing a little harder, finishing up a local MTB XC series ;) Be safe out there, sounds like more fun than this... :beerpint:

post-571-0-57778100-1338756826_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

weak sauce......guess I better start pulling the tranny to take to RC for service, been looking for an excuse not to lol

Edited by mush

weak sauce......guess I better start pulling the tranny to take to RC for service, been looking for an excuse not to lol

What's weak sauce? Your broke a$$ trans? :think: lol Or me riding instead of driving? I don't ever bring the buggy out on summer AM runs. Those trips are always about the riding.

ME ME ME! I wanna go too! Do you mind if its the rzr?

That's fine. Let's dune!

Glad you remember the url to this site! :flipoff::laughing:

:grin:

Of course I will be in florida when a trip is made on a day I could usually make it.... Guys have a fun and safe trip

Bummer man, but there will be other trips this summer. Screw it...let's plan one a month until dune season comes back around.

Sounds like a plan. Sun-tue works for me. Only quads or rails and rzr's ok? I was getting the bug thinking it would be fun to make a sunset/night run maybe even stay into the morning and bug out before the high heat.