Buggy Roundup/ DDR trip  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to go?

• yes, with a buggy
    • yes, but with a RZR
    • yes, but with another dune ride
    • no, I can't make it
    • no, it's not for me

Besides the battery. What else needs to be fixed?

Not much really, just a list of stupid little stuff. It's my toyhauler that keeps setting me back more than anything.

On a good note, the ATC70 is ready for just about anything with a fresh new battery, oil change, carb & fuel system cleaning, and I even wiped off the fenders!

Why did the header need to be repaired in the first place? Did you change crossover pipe?

the header system in the automobile is a 2 piece crossover with a clamp.

I made it a one piece without any flex couplers and it broke the header at the collector all the way around the weld.

It should be good to go now.

Edited by sanddunesaddict

I've been working on my stuff since 7am this morning and I am freakin beat! I'm not even done yet either. This week will be pretty busy for me, but I'm getting super stoked for this trip. I can't wait to get out there, get set up, and plop down in my chair around the fire with a cold one in my hand. Oh yeah, and the dune runs should be sick too. :idea: It'll be worth all the time, money, and aggravation invested so far. It always is. :headbang1:

• Like 1

Pete, I am planning on heading out Thursday afternoon. I am assuming your coming out after work? If so I will have a fire going and I am sure a cold beverage could be arranged. I would suggest to everyone coming out to please bring as much firewood as you can. It's going to be cold and with lot's of folks around the fire it's going to need to be a pretty big fire. So see you all this weekend for fun in the cool sun, fresh dunes and good friends. Sounds like a Christmas present to me:) :ynot:

Pete, I am planning on heading out Thursday afternoon. I am assuming your coming out after work? If so I will have a fire going and I am sure a cold beverage could be arranged. I would suggest to everyone coming out to please bring as much firewood as you can. It's going to be cold and with lot's of folks around the fire it's going to need to be a pretty big fire. So see you all this weekend for fun in the cool sun, fresh dunes and good friends. Sounds like a Christmas present to me:) :ynot:

Couldn't agree more. :xmascheers: This is probably the one trip I'm looking forward to the most this season, although our shakedown was pretty damn epic. haha We owned those dunes! Anyways, I'm really hoping this trip brings some of the DDR regulars together in one big camp plus many many new comers that have joined up over the past year or so. New faces are very welcome and encouraged to come out and join in on the fun.

Oh yeah, firewood! I was going to post the same thing. I plan to bring probably a quarter or half truck load, but we may end up burning that the first night! :cold: :happydrunks:

As of right now, after work Thursday night is the plan for me. If this week is super dead at work then I may do a half day at work on Thursday, but I'm not planning on that as of yet. Anna is actually off Sat-Sun this weekend. Can you believe that? So she'll be heading out Fri night or Sat AM to join in on the festivities.

I might have to pick up an extra jar of Apple Pie to stay warm this weekend. Me, Chad (not chadwick) and JVZ sure killed off the last jar I brought out last trip. Damn that stuff is good.

I have about a 1/2 bottle in the freezer in the M/H and may P/U another. In small quantities it is good. Larger quantities for this old man is well kind of tuff the next morning:) Garret, Richard and Bradon are coming out Friday night after Richard gets of off work. If you want to save her from buying a pass I am sure Richard and the boys would be glad to haul her out. there bringing my truck so there would be room. Talk to Richard and see if you guys can work that out since they have to come here to get my truck, Anna could leave her truck here and you two could travel home together and save the gas money.

Yeah the firewood is going to be a big issue so everybody Bring it!!!!!!!

I have about a 1/2 bottle in the freezer in the M/H and may P/U another. In small quantities it is good. Larger quantities for this old man is well kind of tuff the next morning:) Garret, Richard and Bradon are coming out Friday night after Richard gets of off work. If you want to save her from buying a pass I am sure Richard and the boys would be glad to haul her out. there bringing my truck so there would be room. Talk to Richard and see if you guys can work that out since they have to come here to get my truck, Anna could leave her truck here and you two could travel home together and save the gas money.

Yeah the firewood is going to be a big issue so everybody Bring it!!!!!!!

I thought about that. Thank you. I'll chat with Richard this week and see if we can work that out. It's not the extra pass I'm worried about, it's the fact that she'll rolling out all alone out in BFE.

I'm in Phoenix until Friday afternoon. plan on driving home to Vegas picking up the hauler load up and head out so it will be late when I roll in. (Sounds like a train horn moment!) at least that is the plan if everything works right.

I thought about that. Thank you. I'll chat with Richard this week and see if we can work that out. It's not the extra pass I'm worried about, it's the fact that she'll rolling out all alone out in BFE.

We are planning on heading out around 5 pm or so on Friday if work doesn't require my presence, should know by Wednesday. If Anna needs a ride out Tracy and I would be happy to bring her to join your group. I didn't plan on cooking but I can bring some bacon for snacking on the drive !

Whew, I just got done with a long weekend of rock crawling! Im going to start loading up tools, compressor, load car, load, the 70 atc etc etc Tuesday and I will roll out Thursday afternoon sometime. I just need to do a little to the car here and there but its mostly all ready to go! If anyone wants to convoy out Thursday let me know when and where to meet up.

I am planning on leaving around 1pm Thursday. Brining rail with me to work and hauling a$$ as soon as I can get out of there. 300 miles and with traffic I figure I should roll in there around 6:30-7 ish.

We are planning on heading out around 5 pm or so on Friday if work doesn't require my presence, should know by Wednesday. If Anna needs a ride out Tracy and I would be happy to bring her to join your group. I didn't plan on cooking but I can bring some bacon for snacking on the drive !

hahaa bacon! Thanks John. I think we have it covered but I'll let you know.