Just Mike Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 We are going to try and leave Thursday about noon depending on If we get all our work done Quote
nwtdiesel Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Sweet well keep me posted guys and maybe we can all roll out together. Quote
tsrucker Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 I'm thinking late afternoon on Saturday we should get a group photo while out on a dune run. Maybe FE135 can offer his services? Otherwise I can bring my tripod. Or he should get in there too for a photo. He's always on the other side of that camera. I always have my camera but Ill bring my tripod as well:) a group shot with the whole group included is the best:) Quote
tsrucker Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 We are heading out Friday evening, should be pulling into camp around 7ish. We cant wait to meet you all, super pumped to hang out with dune junkies like ourselves:) Quote
dunefreak Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 We are heading out Friday evening, should be pulling into camp around 7ish. We cant wait to meet you all, super pumped to hang out with dune junkies like ourselves:) Awesome. Vanna right? I'm trying to get better with names rather than call people by their screen names. haha Quote
tsrucker Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Awesome. Vanna right? I'm trying to get better with names rather than call people by their screen names. haha Yep! And the hubbs is Thad! Good memory bud! Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk Quote
Agricon Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Was waiting to post to see if a friend was showing , but it's a no go for him, but I'm going to go anyway. Can't wait for a fast run. 1 Quote
FE135 Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 I'll be there by the FSA races but can do photos if you want. Swing by and wave me down. I'll have my equipment to do night action if anyone is interested. I won't have my buggy, just the white Xterra. I'm always looking for stuff for the readers showcase section of the magazine also. Quote
FE135 Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 The more I think about it, this event might make a good article for Sand Sports. If there is interest, and you guys want to make a few passes by my camera, we can do it. 1 Quote
ynot Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 So here's the question of the day; How are we going to know exactly where we are all going to be parked at? I mean I know Pete was kind enough to put it on the map but that's a fairly big area so do we just roll in and if anybody is in that general area pull up and just say is this the "Pete's Big Buggy Round-up"? I just don't want to see us get spread out all over and somebody or more have to pick up and move to join the group cause they weren't sure. I am hoping to be on the road by noon from Henderson so I would imagine I will be there by 2:30. If all goes normal. Just so you know if we have not met I have a 40' Alfa M/H pulling a white 30' trailer so if you see me come up the hill feel free to wave but please use more than one finger:) Terry 1 Quote
ynot Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Pete, how about a panoramic picture with all the cars pointed downhill along with all the other machines at Talladega? That would be an awesome picture I would think. Terry Quote
flavtfan Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 someone stake a distinct flag and say park by the group with the ___________ flag as you roll in on the main entrance road just past outhouse 10???? Quote
dunefreak Posted December 12, 2013 Author Posted December 12, 2013 The more I think about it, this event might make a good article for Sand Sports. If there is interest, and you guys want to make a few passes by my camera, we can do it. Sounds cool, Neal. It's not really an event per say, but just a group trip. It would great to get a bunch of shots of all the buggies in action. So here's the question of the day; How are we going to know exactly where we are all going to be parked at? I mean I know Pete was kind enough to put it on the map but that's a fairly big area so do we just roll in and if anybody is in that general area pull up and just say is this the "Pete's Big Buggy Round-up"? I just don't want to see us get spread out all over and somebody or more have to pick up and move to join the group cause they weren't sure. I am hoping to be on the road by noon from Henderson so I would imagine I will be there by 2:30. If all goes normal. Just so you know if we have not met I have a 40' Alfa M/H pulling a white 30' trailer so if you see me come up the hill feel free to wave but please use more than one finger:) Terry Either you or GTP Mike will be there first. Maybe you should post a pic of your rig and sandcar so anyone else who doesn't know you can find where camp is. Pete, how about a panoramic picture with all the cars pointed downhill along with all the other machines at Talladega? That would be an awesome picture I would think. Terry Works for me! I'd just like any sort of group pic in the sand. Quote
dunefreak Posted December 12, 2013 Author Posted December 12, 2013 I have a DDR sign with an arrow that I can put out by the road after I get there too. I spoke with GTP Mike on the phone just now and he'll be there about 2. He'll get a pic posted of his rig. Quote
FE135 Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 I used the term "event" loosely. A bunch of friends getting together for a weekend of buggy runs on an off weekend is more accurate. Quote
Just Mike Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Mine is the grey Duramax with the White 5th wheel. Hoping to be there around 2 to 3 Quote
Adam @ GTP Off Road Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Mike and I should be rolling in together, and I will be in my black 2011 F150 with 23 Attitude. We don't have any GTP flags, but we do have a GTP banner I can try to get out. Quote
Quadrockets Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 yep ! leaving thurs afternoon , comp side of bath #6,,,,, camping with Firecracker, White Rhino,,, and others. My son and I will be first on seen. Quote
raspadoo Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Firewood: check IMG_20131211_185133_199.jpg Imported? Or did you cut down the only tree in southern Nevada Quote
dunefreak Posted December 12, 2013 Author Posted December 12, 2013 yep ! leaving thurs afternoon , comp side of bath #6,,,,, camping with Firecracker, White Rhino,,, and others. My son and I will be first on seen. Bud! Glad you are making it! You guys aren't camping with the rest of the group??? Imported? Or did you cut down the only tree in southern Nevada hahaa all the trees in Henderson Quote
nwtdiesel Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Im leaving at about noon today and will park in the buggy round up area. See you guys there! I cant post IMG links for some reason!? Look for the rig and red rail in my sig... Quote
jordanhiggins2002 Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 I will look for your rig diesel. It stands out. Not sure with work if I am leaving tonight or tomo morning early. Quote
ynot Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 about an hour delay for me. Should be out of here by 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted December 12, 2013 Author Posted December 12, 2013 Here's ynot's rig... and mine. I'll be out there tonight Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.