Buggy Roundup - Dec 12-14, 2014

dunefreak

I don't DJ at the dunes. I would love to one day, but I don't want to deal with everyone bitching about what music I am playing. My DJ gear is pretty damn expensive also and I can't risk it getting the sand treatment. One day before I stop DJing completely it would be fun to do a DJ set out there, just to say I did it, I want to pick the music though so it's fun for me...

Anyone up for a game of flip cup at night? I'll have the big red party tent set up in camp with a table, some tunes and lights for anyone who would like to play. Should be some good fun to add to the festivities. Hey maybe we could get Adam to DJ!?? Haha ;)

what is flip cup?

Flip cup :shots::beercheers:

I'm in.

Unfortunately sandawg is out!

ahh what the heck?? C'mon Pat!

Sorry we have to drop out both cars broke thanksgiving tried to get at least one going not going to happen realy bummed was looking forward to it

Oh no, Steve. Sorry to hear that. That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you and Becky again. Let me know when you get them back up. We'll make another trip happen.

what is flip cup?

Just a fun drinking game that involves more skill than chugging beer. It's pretty fun. I know you don't drink so you can just put water, soda or whatever in your cup. The skill is flipping the cup and landing it just right rather than consuming mass quantities of alcohol. lol

I don't DJ at the dunes. I would love to one day, but I don't want to deal with everyone bitching about what music I am playing. My DJ gear is pretty damn expensive also and I can't risk it getting the sand treatment. One day before I stop DJing completely it would be fun to do a DJ set out there, just to say I did it, I want to pick the music though so it's fun for me...

Totally understand, Adam. I was just messing around. If you could bring some music, that would be cool, but XM will work if Paul can bring that.

Or I can bring my portable xm and speakers. Lol

Do it, Paul! I have a house style Kenwood receiver that I don't care much about. I can bring that if we need it. The xm would be awesome though.

Weather report in baker says high winds Thursday and lighting Friday?

Nahh, Go off of the Tecopa forecast. It's closer. Says a little breezy on Thurs (1517 mph) and rain early Friday. Should be all gone by the afternoon and evening. The rest of the weekend looks awesome.

I have about 1.5 Terabites of music, and music videos on a portable hard drive. That can be hooked to anything with USB and goes from 1920's to Current stuff not fully released. To Fully "DJ" I need my DJ Mixer and Digital Turntables, which is the expensive pieces not good with sand. Playing music is easy... an iPod can do that, DJing is totally different. I'll bring a back up Drive with some music. I like the XM idea though. Easy to change around so more people can here stuff that they like. Pandora channel even works for Mike and I at the shop and we have TOTALLY different music preferences... lol.

Totally get ya @@dunefreak.

Looks like I will be bringing a new RZR XP1000 out with me... it's not mine, but i'll probly use it once or twice. :)

Edited by Adam @ GTP Off Road
  • Like 1

Just need to button up my axles and get loaded up. Trying to make it Friday and leave Saturday mid afternoon since I have to work on Sunday.

Besides- Sandy the Elf wants to make an appearance!!! Now that she is out of rehab and ready to try it again.

Oh yeah. I need a place to crash for a night.

Edited by bp-guy
  • Like 1

We are out for camping that weekend. We had a passing of a beloved family member and Tracy is out of town. I'm going to day trip Saturday to shake down the So Far Not So FUN-CO new to me rail. Worst case I will day trip with the RZR. Last year was awesome and it appears El Presidente has elevated the trip and made it better than the last one. Sorry to miss the weekend with such good peeps. I hope to catch a group run if the rail behaves proper !

We are out for camping that weekend. We had a passing of a beloved family member and Tracy is out of town. I'm going to day trip Saturday to shake down the So Far Not So FUN-CO new to me rail. Worst case I will day trip with the RZR. Last year was awesome and it appears El Presidente has elevated the trip and made it better than the last one. Sorry to miss the weekend with such good peeps. I hope to catch a group run if the rail behaves proper !

Did you get a funco? If so, what?

Okay, getting everything ready tonight! Hopefully will be loaded up and heading out tomorrow (Friday night)! We should be there late Friday night, I'm thinking around 10pm.

Be on the look out for my rigs...

2007 GMC LMM towing a 33' Attitude 5th wheel

2012 Chevy Sub towing an enclosed 24' trailer

Make room in the circle for us!

Pics of my rigs.....

post-8555-141831893619_thumb.jpg

post-8555-141831904251_thumb.jpg

post-8555-141831921907_thumb.jpg

post-8555-141831929143_thumb.jpg

Edited by BearsZX72