race fuel

1bad4fiddy

Just my 2cents here..... but asking what everyone else runs is pointless. "everyone" else does not have the same motor as you. Your UCCR will determine what octane your motor will require to run at optimum. As with how much timing advance you run. But to get into specifics I would contact "your" motor builder and see what he recommends

But to play along with this.... "my" motor w/ +4 to +6 degree timing needs at least 112 octane or 100LL avgas. If I advance my timing to +10, then I run methanol

my motor has to run on 108+, my gf's motor has to run on 100+. to make things easy, i run 'em both on 111 octane fuel, from the rebel warehouse at sahara/i-15. it's cheap and easy.

i run all the four strokes on 91 octane from 76 or chevron. or mobile. or shell. anything but citgo. there. heh.

My motor was built for 110 octane. I like Sunaco but will run VP if I can't get the "good stuff". I notice a difference in throttle response and even the odor of the exhust. I have a friend who sand drags his Blazer. He has always run VP but I got him a baffel of Sunaco and he believes his truck runs stronger with the Sunoco. He was running 116 VP and gets better response using 112 Sunoco. Why, I have no idea but I know what I like.

Just my 2cents here..... but asking what everyone else runs is pointless. "everyone" else does not have the same motor as you. Your UCCR will determine what octane your motor will require to run at optimum. As with how much timing advance you run. But to get into specifics I would contact "your" motor builder and see what he recommends

But to play along with this.... "my" motor w/ +4 to +6 degree timing needs at least 112 octane or 100LL avgas. If I advance my timing to +10, then I run methanol

haha what motor builder his isn't even rebuilt it's strait from honda with maybe a few bolt ons it was probably operator error :headbang1: he's just digging for something else to blame it on lol

Edited by dman74

my motor has to run on 108+, my gf's motor has to run on 100+. to make things easy, i run 'em both on 111 octane fuel, from the rebel warehouse at sahara/i-15. it's cheap and easy.

i run all the four strokes on 91 octane from 76 or chevron. or mobile. or shell. anything but citgo. there. heh.

Same here Junk, I run 111 from that same rebel. 10.5 to 1 compression, 28 degrees of max timing... 10psi boost.

Edited by metalalien

Rather than just stating what octane I run, I will tell you what fuel since there is more to fuel then just an octane rating.

VP RED

A great standard grade of racing fuel. Used in higher compression race engines up to 13:1, for any application where cost is a factor.

• Color: Red

• Motor Octane: 105

• Specific Gravity: .730-.745 @ 60° F

Here is an example of where one 110 fuel has other ratings to consider rather than just octane.

VP110

Not your "standard" 110! Highest rated MON of any 110 fuel on the market. Formulated for use in naturally aspirated engines with CRs up to 14:1. Works well in 2-strokes. Good lower cost alternative.

• Color: Purple

• MON: 107, RON 113, R+M/2 = 110

• Specific Gravity: .720-.735 @ 60° F

Edited by mineurbiz

I found an article some where on the web about av gas not really being the hot set up... Some cases it hurt performance... I guess I could do a search Im sure this has been asked a 100 times but which rebel stations carry 100 at the pump? I may pick up some for the ole LTR before I head out saturday morning and I dont really feel like driving all over town

Edited by HarleyR

HarleyR:

My motor builder highly recommended it, and I have run MANY gallons of it. I find my motor runs MUCH better on 100LL than it does on VP, Torco, F&L, and Sunoco. If I cant get my hands on 100LL then VP is my first choice.

Yeah my bike is basically stock , it has a high compression 12-1 piston , cam pipe and what not , but whenever i run just 91 i get a pinging sound on the top end allmost like pre detenation but whenever i run 50/50 91/100 oc it runs fine

hey eric.. are you bringing the rolling disco to the dunes this weekend? i can't wait to see it with the supercharger on it. i'll be camped at the usual spot.

Yea I'll be there all weekend. No strobe lights this time though... I stripped it naked until after FSWs.. :) I still haven't got my swingarm extension so I will be crippled on the hill... you'll have to give me a rolling start... the supercharger hits like a feight train even at the slightest touch ( ask mike...LOL)

Harley, I don't know off hand but you can always ask one of the rebel employees. the 111 we get at Sahara and I-15 is from a pump but they are only open daylight hours during the week.