any one want to ride to a mine

turbo_bruce

you ride up the wash and past the talcum quarry and towards the china ranch . i think about 1000 am would be a good time to go what do you guys think? :dance:

Bruce, we rode Sperry wash trail to the talc mine and the end of the wash trail. I believe but did not ride towards the Tecopa road that the only thing between the talc mine and the road is the Tecopa dump.

However if you bear to the right at the V of the mines(there's one to the left and one to the right) and stay in the wash there is a trail thru the wash that looks like it goes away's. We did not go that way so that may be what your referring to. You have to be careful because most if not all of the area off of the trail is CLOSED. Wash is a fun ride.

There is an actual mine over by the little dunes, might that be the one your talking about?

"However if you bear to the right at the V of the mines(there's one to the left and one to the right) and stay in the wash there is a trail thru the wash that looks like it goes away's."

I road that area last weekend, real fun when you get past the V(if I get what you're saying). You can take it all the way around the mountain, there are wilderness signs along the right side of the trail denoteing the boundry. Also a killer overlook is up there near the top, you can see all the valley, and dunes below.

Bruce, we rode Sperry wash trail to the talc mine and the end of the wash trail. I believe but did not ride towards the Tecopa road that the only thing between the talc mine and the road is the Tecopa dump.

However if you bear to the right at the V of the mines(there's one to the left and one to the right) and stay in the wash there is a trail thru the wash that looks like it goes away's. We did not go that way so that may be what your referring to. You have to be careful because most if not all of the area off of the trail is CLOSED. Wash is a fun ride.

There is an actual mine over by the little dunes, might that be the one your talking about?

its that way but at the end of the dirt road you go RIGHT on the paved ROAD TO THE END AND THEN YOU go left and then right on a dirt road and at the top of the hill there are 2 mines i walk one of them about 25 min in to it it cool there are small train tracks in there and out side there is a cool looking bridge all out of wood it old and not all there but it cool to explore.

Possible to post a map, kinda like the one Pete did, to show where these mines and such are? Can't make it this weekend (Glamis) but I'll be there the 24th-25th and would like to go further up the wash than I've done before.

Gotta bring the dirt tires for a trip like that. How much water do you go through to get to the mines you guys are talking about? I've gone up to the Y before, crossing back and forth as you have to, but I'm running with no air box and can't afford to splash too much water up on the air filter.

Input appreciated.

Would love to get better directions or a map. We were planning on going up there on sat late morning and none of us have ever been there before.

i have only been there one time so i cant give good directions but if you see me at the hill come over and i will try

• 2 weeks later...

Now we went up there on Monday but did not see that. When we got to a y in the road we made a left and drove by the old cars over the side of the hill ended up on pavement which went to the top of a little hill that was all white like a loading area. Off to the side was a big hole.

Should we have gone to the right at that Y to get to the mine where your pictures show?