Presidents Day Trip Report

dunefreak

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of videos we took...check em out!..

this is one of itsstock :dunno:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986836706

this is one of unknown rider...very cool though :laughoff:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1986687700

this is one of unknown driver and truck by our camp :pissed:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986817831

That could be "Barefoot" Bob's son Cody. I am sure he will chime in and say if it is or not.

:laughoff: We had a blast! First time out in our new trailer! Didn't get to meet everyone. I will next time. We got there late Friday night and found out Bob had already went over there and every time I wanted to run over there real quick I heard "Honey lets go for a ride" or "Ron, lets get ready for a ride" and by the time I was ready it was late and I was sooooo tired. Next time guys. I still have the helmets for Pete in the storage of toy hauler...lol

where was the 2 wheeler jump at???!!! i gotta find that jump

It was just a little ways away from the North Pole. Go back to comp hill from NP and stay on flat ground. Keep looking to your right. You will see it. Looks like a little plateau and then a tall hill behind it. There was some rails jumping too, then some quads chimed in. Very cooool stuff!!

:thumb:

I'm glad I decided to head on out this weekend, even tho it was an abbreviated trip for me and the kiddos. It was a bit warm on Saturday, but not intolerable, especially when you're riding. Arrived a little later than I had planned, so after lunch we headed straight to the N. Pole to meet up with the DDR peeps. Finally met barefoot Bob, who was wearing flip-flops, :dunno: That buggy of his is awesome!! Met Randog too, he's a cool guy and the pics don't do justice to his car, either. It was also great to see Kirk, as in Captain out there, and Mike(156) still smilin'! Didn't catch Jackie (DUNESMURF) or Dan-the-man Saturday so we went camp-hopping on Sunday, but no one was home. Got my DDR window stickers though!!! Thanks Pete, I guess we caught you atta good time. :D

Saturday night at comp was NUTS!! We got there a little after 9:00, apparently just after an accident, saw the rail ambulance flying up to the scene. Lotta close calls on the hill that night. Sometimes rails and quads just DON'T mix! Add alcohol, well, 'nuff said. Heard Rhinos and rails don't mix either, but the Rhino came out ahead (not the driver, however, got his azz beat up from the rail driver). Word has it it turned into one hell of a brawl!

Blew up 2 quads this weekend, daughter's trailblazer and Davey cooked the Banshee AGAIN. But no bodily injuries, so I'm MORE than thankful!! :D:laughoff::dunno:

Yeah, rhinos and rails definitely dont mix, but to help clear the air,yes the rhino came out ahead and so did the driver, the dumbarse in the rail started getting loud once the cops showed up,good for him they did, a bunch of people were about to take out their frustrations on him, but sadly, no brawling, the rail driver did piss off quite a few people though. :thumb: But at least no one got hurt :pissed:

I wish Jackie would have come up and said hi when we were at the S. Pole. We didn't stay long. We went and helped Sand~~Snake with this broken car. Well.............we just gave them a ride back to camp. Missed the ride to N. Pole, but finally got there and got to talk to Bob and his Wife. I'm gonna post my pix tonight.

Ok here is my little run down of my first weekend out there...

300 miles to get there!!

CELL PHONES SUCK pretty much useless!!

Thank god for the gay balloon or I would have been lost!!!

Too many people acting crazy or drunk to drive without always looking out for the next idiot!

The sausages at the potluck were the best...

SOBE BOMBS will wake you out of a dead sleep.

Trash bags like my car!

My father-in-law can't follow the line and turned left instead of right during the South pole/North pole ride.

Jeep Drags were cool for a first timer but got old pretty quick.

Thats just a few things for starters....

I will post my pictures when I get back home from work

All in all it was a blast and look forward to next time.... :laughoff:

:no_no: Yeah, rhinos and rails definitely dont mix, but to help clear the air,yes the rhino came out ahead and so did the driver, the dumbarse in the rail started getting loud once the cops showed up,good for him they did, a bunch of people were about to take out their frustrations on him, but sadly, no brawling, the rail driver did piss off quite a few people though. :dope: But at least no one got hurt :laughoff:

Thank you for clarifying that!! :watching: IMO, gladly no brawling, :D and definately cool no one got hurt!!

300 miles to get there!!

Too many people acting crazy or drunk to drive without always looking out for the next idiot!

Trash bags like my car!

My father-in-law can't follow the line and turned left instead of right during the South pole/North pole ride.

All in all it was a blast and look forward to next time.... :laughoff:

My verizon worked ok. 1 bar, but was able to make and receive calls.

I wish Jackie would have come up and said hi when we were at the S. Pole. We didn't stay long. We went and helped Sand~~Snake with this broken car. Well.............we just gave them a ride back to camp. Missed the ride to N. Pole, but finally got there and got to talk to Bob and his Wife. I'm gonna post my pix tonight.

Missed you by .......that much!! :laughoff: Bob was still there when we left and came flying up the left side of comp just after we made it there. Oh well. B)

a couple of videos we took...check em out!..

this is one of itsstock :watching:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986836706

this is one of unknown rider...very cool though :laughoff:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1986687700

this is one of unknown driver and truck by our camp :dope:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986817831

For some reason i cant seem to get the video of the rad dirt bike jump, we were jumping that hill with our rails & then my kid started jumping it on his crf 450 (insane jumping) :no_no: Not fun for dad to watch :driver: but would like to watch the vidio, if its him. B)

Edited by X-5

Had a great time out there, weather was beautiful, good food and good brew :mc_smiley: :stick_smack: . Got to meet a few DDR peeps, you know who you are :beercheers:. Next time, I'm packin' mace for Indy :beercheers: , sorry Woody, in advance :beercheers: . Comp hill on Sat. night was chaotic :beercheers: . Choppy sand sucks but managed to get in a few good rides :2gunsfiring: .

Here's a few pics

post-1151-1171935331.jpg

post-1151-1171935379.jpg

post-1151-1171935406.jpg

post-1151-1171935301.jpg

post-1151-1171935355.jpg

Lookin' forward to the next trip.

Why no pics of the dale kicking your a$$ (LTR450) up the hill

300 miles to get there!!

Trash bags like my car!

All in all it was a blast and look forward to next time.... :beercheers:

I think I got introduced to you by Pete on Saturday morning, I was there with my daughter. It was about 9:30 in the morning.

I think I got introduced to you by Pete on Saturday morning, I was there with my daughter. It was about 9:30 in the morning.

was your daughter wearing the blue riding outfit? if so yes thats me and nice to have met you... :D

ok here are some of my pics...

post-1872-1172023640.jpg

post-1872-1172023662.jpg

post-1872-1172023676.jpg

post-1872-1172023689.jpg

post-1872-1172023702.jpg

post-1872-1172023718.jpg

post-1872-1172023729.jpg

post-1872-1172023742.jpg

post-1872-1172023763.jpg

post-1872-1172023782.jpg

post-1872-1172023800.jpg

post-1872-1172023825.jpg

Edited by bpguy

:mc_smiley: :stick_smack: :2gunsfiring: Thats too funny

Great pics Tim! :beercheers:

Dunefreak...thanks again it was nice camping next to you. Hope the shirts fit and thanks for hooking me up with some gear..

I will work on that DDR picture with some of my "clients"

Dunefreak...thanks again it was nice camping next to you. Hope the shirts fit and thanks for hooking me up with some gear..

I will work on that DDR picture with some of my "clients"

It was my pleasure, Tim. I had some good times chatting w/ you. The shirts are sweet! Thanks again. My woman, Anna (duniemonkie) loves the shot glasses too! :mc_smiley:

Yeah, keep me posted on that picture thing with the "clients" and how that works out. :stick_smack::beercheers:

was your daughter wearing the blue riding outfit? if so yes thats me and nice to have met you... :D

ok here are some of my pics...

Yeah that was us, I am actually in your first pic you posted of the south pole, I am the one closest to the pole with the back pack on. If was very nice to meet you, it is a little weird walking up to someone's camp that you do not know, but you Pete and the other guys seem real friendly.

Edited by mineurbiz

the one of sand snake kills me...you'll have to ask him about that one if you don't know the story of where the leg came from...

oh my gosh, I laughed so hard I almost pee'd myself. Guys always talkin bout having a 3rd leg, but jim really does huh??

thats just fuggin funny, dont care who ya are! :beercheers: :mc_smiley: :stick_smack:

Had a great time some problems on friday nite :beercheers: (got pulled over no ticket) : :mc_smiley: :beercheers: Finally got my Cannondale broke in (its fast) :stick_smack: wheel fell off on Sat, (no wreck) :beercheers::beercheers: good grub :2gunsfiring: good friends lots or beer :beercheers: : Can't wait tell next time