Presidents Day Trip Report

dunefreak

I had a blast this weekend. The crowd was huge like usual. The weather was a tad warm at times, but otherwise awesome. There were too many things to mention that happened over the weekend. (I don't have time right now). I'll post up my weekened "observations" later. :beercheers:

It was cool to finally meet some of the peeps from the board that I haven't gotten a chance to meet in person yet. :dunno:

S2010001~9.JPG

S2010010~11.JPG

S2010012~8.JPG

S2010022~8.JPG

S2010023~7.JPG

S2010024~10.JPG

S2010025~9.JPG

S2010017~10.JPG

S2010037~7.JPG

S2010038~7.JPG

S2010064~6.JPG

More pics here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great time. My wife cruised out new to us samurai around all weekend with out daughter. She didnt even ride her quad. The sammy works well. It also towed back a broken v8 rail. I took our also new to us 4 pass turbo subie rail, and it has some problems, that I can take care of easily. I broke a cv on sunday morning. The good news it rides very very nice.

And my banshee made it through another one. The throttle still sticks alittle when I first start riding but then it goes away, you just have to keep your kill thumb ready.

Had a great time, wish I would of spent one more day out there but needed to get home and take care of some business, I haven't been home for week.

1. Thanks Dman for taking me out to the dunes at 2am friday morning. :dunno:

2. Camping with to many rigs makes it hard to get everyone together for meals, riding, and hanging out. :laughoff:

3. If you see a group of people lined up sitting down on the main road holding flash card scoring other people, don't drive through with your heavy truck and hauler. :beercheers:

(We had a huge sand pit on the outside of our camp and after the first day/night watching people getting stuck. Got up to 7 trucks stuck at one time, we started making a game out of it, so good money was lost throught bets. Word to the wise, :laughoff: if you have someone come up and try to help you out with advice, listen to them they have been watching many pull outs, what works, what doesn't. :laughoff:

4. I agree with Pete that Rhinos are farm equiment, :bawl: but put a FabTech suspension on it and jumpin' can always be fun.

5. Getting drunk at comp hill is great fun, Thanks Steveo and Woody making sure I was never empty handed. :dunno::drinkbeer:

6. Heading back to camp was a fast ride, :hello: to bad my knees are damaged from hittting the dash. :laughing:

7. Always sober up when to cops end up at your camp, start showing a little respect to the Ranger. :laughoff: (Steveo) :ninja:

8. Getting tickets at Dumont suck, :rockon: but makes for a good story.

9. Never has failed to have a great time at Dumont, thanks you guys for everything and having me become a part. Can't wait til next time.

10. :mc_smiley:

Edited by YFZ Chick

:dunno: we had a great time. great weather and good times .:beercheers: we parked at the small dunes, and it was a great. :dunno: finally met pete. :mc_smiley: bumped into him at the venders. be back out there in two weeks. :drinkbeer: Edited by maxdout

I'm glad I decided to head on out this weekend, even tho it was an abbreviated trip for me and the kiddos. It was a bit warm on Saturday, but not intolerable, especially when you're riding. Arrived a little later than I had planned, so after lunch we headed straight to the N. Pole to meet up with the DDR peeps. Finally met barefoot Bob, who was wearing flip-flops, :blury: That buggy of his is awesome!! Met Randog too, he's a cool guy and the pics don't do justice to his car, either. It was also great to see Kirk, as in Captain out there, and Mike(156) still smilin'! Didn't catch Jackie (DUNESMURF) or Dan-the-man Saturday so we went camp-hopping on Sunday, but no one was home. Got my DDR window stickers though!!! Thanks Pete, I guess we caught you atta good time. :D

Saturday night at comp was NUTS!! We got there a little after 9:00, apparently just after an accident, saw the rail ambulance flying up to the scene. Lotta close calls on the hill that night. Sometimes rails and quads just DON'T mix! Add alcohol, well, 'nuff said. Heard Rhinos and rails don't mix either, but the Rhino came out ahead (not the driver, however, got his azz beat up from the rail driver). Word has it it turned into one hell of a brawl!

Blew up 2 quads this weekend, daughter's trailblazer and Davey cooked the Banshee AGAIN. But no bodily injuries, so I'm MORE than thankful!! :D:dunno::chat:

weekend turned out bueno.

rhino made it up comp hill.

my shee (blown reeds and all) got beat by one similar bike.

the chick's shee doesn't have enough paddle for the new carbs.. quick fix next time.

my buddy didn't wreck the 700 raptor i loaned 'im for the weekend.

ate swell. rode swell.

raptoroy rocks the suburu as usual.

nothing broke.

no run-ins with the rangers.

had enough gas & water.

see you effers next sunday.

Good times this weekend, heres my observations

1. having a migraine at the dunes sucks a$$, but if you drink enough, it works better than tylenol

2. TO MUCH DRAMA IN CAMP THIS WEEKEND (cant we all just effin get along)

3. Woooo Hooooo is a ticket causing word, it was the Woooo Hooooo that put ya over pete. Sorry you got a ticket

4. Lil dogs sh*t ALOT

5. The burb can get over a dune, good times

6. Bert has more self control than anyone I know!!

7. As always, good drunken times at Comp!! :dunno:

8. no comment on yfzchick likin to fight

met warrior07, nice guy, sorry he missed everyone, he came by right after I got back from the 2pm DDR ride.

and ran into dreamerr at tecopa dump station, sorry I didnt have a air compressor to help ya out

Oh and last but not least, steveo, if I didnt care, I wouldnt of said anything, but dont worry, wont happen again!

Missed my lil monkie friend this weekend! :blury:

Edited by Sincity_blondie

Had a great time out there, weather was beautiful, good food and good brew :blury::chat: . Got to meet a few DDR peeps, you know who you are :rolleyes:. Next time, I'm packin' mace for Indy :dunno: , sorry Woody, in advance :idiot: . Comp hill on Sat. night was chaotic :dunno: . Choppy sand sucks but managed to get in a few good rides :laughoff: .

Here's a few pics

post-1151-1171935331.jpg

post-1151-1171935379.jpg

post-1151-1171935406.jpg

post-1151-1171935301.jpg

post-1151-1171935355.jpg

Lookin' forward to the next trip.

got out there sunday and neet up with El Pez and some other peeps :laughoff:

1. never park were someone left trash or the Azz bite RANGES will give you Sh!t

2. People can't pick up trash at comp they drop

3. rangers or AZZes if they like someone in your camp

4. the dust sucks

5.the BIG BOYS will hand you your AZZ racing up comp 1oo thosdolr car to a 40 thos :dunno: I like it

6. HAD LOTS OF FUN :rolleyes::blury::chat:

Headed out late Friday due to issues with the drain screw on my carburetor (got that fixed today). Got my car stuck twice trying to find a place to camp in the dark, I guess Hyundai Accents don't off road very well :chat: so we camped where I was stuck which ended up being a nice spot near the rockpile and rr11. Saturday we went looking for the south pole and found the north pole :dunno:, went out again later to the north pole and followed some people to the south pole. Got to the south pole about the time everyone was meeting for the ride, but had to leave before I could meet many people or join in for the ride, due to an anti-social sister :dunno: which I am still pissed about. Later I rode Banshee Hill to practice for Comp Hill and learned that I am usually the slowest up the hill, but I learned to ride as fast as my stock bike will go :chat:. Went to Comp Hill on Saturday night, but just watched for a little while :rolleyes:. Sunday I went back to Banshee Hill and practiced going as fast as fast can go on my bike haha sucks watching everyone pass you, but I traded bikes and won a race or 2. Then I headed over to Comp Hill and I rode Comp for my first time and had a blast :thumb:. I went back to Comp later Sunday afternoon and got stuck about 1/4th the way up (who saw me?? :think:). We rode up farther off to the right side and I guess the sand is a bit softer over there and my bike just doesn't have the power to get up it, nothing like being new to Comp and riding up the hill all excited, full throttle, loving it and then to feel your tires start spinning and the bike start to shudder and not knowing what the heck is happening, then stalling out and being dug in :shake:. Thanks to the guy who came over and pulled my bike out and turned it around for me! So I went back to the middle area and rode it a few more times, so I have begun to master Comp Hill and soon enough I will be racing to be the slowest up the hill :laughoff:. I rode up to the bowl and have to say that is quite the view. All weekend I tried to convince my fellow camp mates to stop by the DDR camp with no success (they wont let me ride alone :( and would have been pissed if I just took off) :dunno: :no_no:! So other than having anti-social :blury: fellow campers :blink: , I had a great weekend. :idiot:

Had a bada$$ time.

I DIDN"T GET TO SEE KELLI AN JACKIE!. Damn. There is so much to say and don't have time right now.

The car ran GREAT Dman, Gary (Hank), Kirk, YZ chick. , Guy that likes to huge alot. . Had a super fun run first day.

!. A beam car should NEVER lead a LT car ride.

Edited by desertskyz

Had a bada$$ time.

I DIDN"T GET TO SEE KELLI AN JACKIE!. Damn. There is so much to say and don't have time right now.

The car ran GREAT Dman, Gary (Hank), Kirk, YZ chick. , Guy that likes to huge alot. . Had a super fun run first day.

!. A beam car should NEVER lead a LT car ride.

jackie was with me at the south pole for the 2pm DDR ride, u were there werent ya? pretty sure I saw ya!

Good times this weekend, heres my observations

1. having a migraine at the dunes sucks a$$, but if you drink enough, it works better than tylenol

2. TO MUCH DRAMA IN CAMP THIS WEEKEND (cant we all just effin get along)

3. Woooo Hooooo is a ticket causing word, it was the Woooo Hooooo that put ya over pete. Sorry you got a ticket

4. Lil dogs sh*t ALOT

5. The burb can get over a dune, good times

6. Bert has more self control than anyone I know!!

7. As always, good drunken times at Comp!! :dunno:

8. no comment on yfzchick likin to fight

met warrior07, nice guy, sorry he missed everyone, he came by right after I got back from the 2pm DDR ride.

and ran into dreamerr at tecopa dump station, sorry I didnt have a air compressor to help ya out

Oh and last but not least, steveo, if I didnt care, I wouldnt of said anything, but dont worry, wont happen again!

Missed my lil monkie friend this weekend! :blury:

Don't worry about it blondie.... the rig behind you had one. Nice meeting you.

Had a bada$$ time.

We were camped SOOOOO far out, I didn't think we could make it to the S. pole BEfore everyone started to leave. Headed straight out the back way to the N. pole instead and hung out a looooooonnnnnnggggg time waiting for folks to roll in. Saw Blondie first but no Jackie. Chatted with Pete and Mike a bit. Then the buggies started rolling in, everyone BUT Rebecca and Dan. :P The kids were bored to death, so we took off and rode the little hills over to Comp....busiest I think I've ever seen it in daylight hours!! Stayed long enough to drink a soda :laughoff: and took off to finish our run-for-the-day. Turned out to be the only run for the blue Trailblazer....riding with the wind at your back makes for one HOT quad. :(

Bike blew up about 15 minutes into Thursday afternoon, ended up riding the spare all weekend, 86 Suzuki 230. Cought some good air, 10-20 foot stuff, pretty hairy on that little bike, ate s**t on Sunday morning on a wormhole, went over the bars, sprained my left ankle pretty bad and my right leg's tore up, couple scratches on the face and arms but nothing serious. Was camping with dman the whole time and didn't even realise until Saturday night.

:pissed: we had a great time. great weather and good times .:laughoff: we parked at the small dunes, and it was a great. :dunno: finally met pete. :thumb: bumped into him at the venders. be back out there in two weeks. :dunno:

Good to meet ya man. We had a great time also, actually ran the a/c's on Saturday! Hope everyone had a great, safe weekend.

A couple of pics...

101_0869.jpg

101_0854.jpg

One of my daughter / Maxdouts truck... lol

101_0883.jpg

Edited by RRC

a couple of videos we took...check em out!..

this is one of itsstock :dunno:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986836706

this is one of unknown rider...very cool though :laughoff:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1986687700

this is one of unknown driver and truck by our camp :pissed:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1986817831