Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

For some unknown reason person(s) decided it might be fun to damage the North Pole and tear off the mailbox! Some nice people cleaned up the beer cans etc around it and got it all straightened out but the mailbox has been ripped off the post and is long gone. I have no idea why these idiots can't leave stuff alone? :happydrunks:

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

:thumb: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

That pisses me off. When did that happen, Terry? It was there when we went on that ride Sat late afternoon. :huh: Did some drunk idiots do it Sat night? It was probably the same jerks that shot it all up a few trips ago. :thumb: That really gets me twisted. :happydrunks: We'll just have to get a new one back up asap. Maybe with a sign on it for these idiots like: "If you don't respect this place, go home!" I just don't understand people. :angry: Maybe I'll pick one up this week and get it up this weekend when we go. Anyone know how that thing is mounted to the pole?

Posted

That really pisses me off! :happydrunks: The last time it was destroyed it broke the kids hearts that we took out to see it. When we pulled up and it was gone, they almost cryed. To the a-holes that did this I hope karma gets them good. :thumb:

Pete, get some worm drive hose clamps and cut some holes in the side of the mailbox. Then add a small piece of box tubing to give it added strength. See my quick generic sketch. What do you think?

Posted

That really pisses me off! :happydrunks: The last time it was destroyed it broke the kids hearts that we took out to see it. When we pulled up and it was gone, they almost cryed. To the a-holes that did this I hope karma gets them good. :thumb:

Pete, get some worm drive hose clamps and cut some holes in the side of the mailbox. Then add a small piece of box tubing to give it added strength. See my quick generic sketch. What do you think?

Right on, JJ. :thumb: I'll have to pick up some suppliesthis week. And if someone else gets one back up before the weekend, I'll just keep all the stuff in my toyhauler for if there's a next time these idiots do it again.

Posted

Boy that burns my arse!!!!! I remember a few years ago, turkeyday weekend it was gone. I took my daughter out there to drop off her letter to santa. A trip before that I remember when the pole was yanked out too, that was before it was cemented in. If I pull up and the box is down I leave. Everytime the box is down, someone in our group has a bad wreck/incident....lol Just an observation we've had. Kudos on getting it back up though....wish I would be out there soon to help fix, but I won't be out to the big"d" for a while...CP

Posted

Right on, JJ. :thumb: I'll have to pick up some suppliesthis week. And if someone else gets one back up before the weekend, I'll just keep all the stuff in my toyhauler for if there's a next time these idiots do it again.

Plan on that to be one our rides this weekend then :happydrunks:

Posted

Plan on that to be one our rides this weekend then :happydrunks:

It must have occurred Sat Night although it was so windy I can't believe anyone was on the dunes. Might have been early Sunday morning. I guess one of our people was out for a ride and went out there and there were 2 couples on utility quads cleaning up the mess. Beer cans, straightening the pole etc. They were from St. George if I remember correctly. Anyway on an afternoon run out there the box was gone. It was mounted with bolts to a steel plate that is welded to the pole. The box was plastic so it must have taken a real He-man to break it off!

Posted

I can mob the truck out there or if someone has room in a buggy er sumtin.. :D

We can just take my buggy (have the passenger hold the mailbox) and put the rest of the tools/ parts the the trunk wing. Or just take the 1/4 ton out there cause we all know how you like to beatin on it! :thumb::happydrunks:

Posted
:thumb: whoever did that must be the same people that leave their trash all over the place!They need to understand that the north pole is for everybody that rides out there and is not just something for the kids.(even if it was WTF! the kids gotta have something out there to keep their interest right?)All duners use that pole as a kind of meeting up spot and why anyone would want to destroy it is beyond any of our reasoning.Let's all get out there and set a new one up ASAP! :happydrunks:
Posted (edited)

That REALLY SUCKS :happydrunks::thumb::thumb: , it was there on our group ride Sunday mid afternoon. It's become one of our traditional Ride to the North Pole with the kids! Hum... I'll need to make a mailbox out of 3/4" steel plates.

Group Ride Sunday...

DSD_Crew_North_Pole_Rides.sized.jpg

Closeup mounting bracket

post-15-1137545884_thumb.jpg

Edited by YFZBOB
Posted

That's wierd, Bob. It wasn't there early Sun AM, but it was there when you guys showed up that afternoon. :thumb: Hmmm. Maybe someone found it and put it back up....? Either way I'm gonna pick one up this week and bring out some stuff to mount one up this weekend just in case it isn't there. :happydrunks:

Posted (edited)

That's wierd, Bob. It wasn't there early Sun AM, but it was there when you guys showed up that afternoon. :angry: Hmmm. Maybe someone found it and put it back up....? Either way I'm gonna pick one up this week and bring out some stuff to mount one up this weekend just in case it isn't there. :angry:

I may have my days turned around Pete :angry: ... I'll need to talk with the Better Half :thumb: But I'm almost positive it was there Sunday Afternoon.

But we did notice all the Letters were missing out of the mailbox. Looks like its ready for an Extreme makeover too!

Thank You in Advance if you do need to replace the Mailbox! :happydrunks::thumb:

Edited by YFZBOB
Posted

I may have my days turned around Pete :angry: ... I'll need to talk with the Better Half :thumb: But I'm almost positive it was there Sunday Afternoon.

But we did notice all the Letters were missing out of the mailbox. Looks like its ready for an Extreme makeover too!

Thank You in Advance if you do need to replace the Mailbox! :happydrunks::thumb:

Sorry guys my mistake. It was not there yesterday. I lost a day somewhere! It was taken either Sunday nite or Monday Morning. Dam I hate getting old :angry:

Posted

:thumb::thumb: :angry: :angry:

What kind of dumba$$ jerk would do something like that? The North Pole at Dumont is not only a landmark, but it is a tradition for many families and groups. Kids and adults alike look forward to the ride through the dunes with a rest at the North Pole.

My son and I have been there numerous times, and we always take our guests out there to see it. It is one of the things that makes Dumont different (and better) than the other dunes.

Being drunk is no excuse for this kind of stupidity. We all party in the dunes sometimes and don't act like that. Somebody needs to find out who did this and :happydrunks: .

Posted

It's a$$holes that do stuff like that at Glamis that have almost got the place shut down many times. That's why competition hill is closed at night on the big weekends at Glamis. Stupidity is everywhere. More than likely the people that did this are not Dumont regulars and if they are :happydrunks: them. There's always got to be someone in the crowd that doesn't like other people to have a good thing. If I catch someone doing this kinda crap there will be HELL TO PAY.

Posted

I may have my days turned around Pete :angry: ... I'll need to talk with the Better Half :thumb: But I'm almost positive it was there Sunday Afternoon.

But we did notice all the Letters were missing out of the mailbox. Looks like its ready for an Extreme makeover too!

Thank You in Advance if you do need to replace the Mailbox! :happydrunks::thumb:

You're right Bob, we made the North Pole run Sunday afternoon. I can't believe someone would do this to the North Pole. If you need any help getting it fix, let me know, I'll be glad to help out.

Posted

thats just wrong :thumb:

i wish we could set up a 5" .250 wall pipe in a concrete slap with a welded steel plate mailbox (try to brake this, retard :happydrunks: )

but IIRC Mike (blm) told us it can not be "permanent" for some reason :thumb:

Posted

i wish we could set up a 5" .250 wall pipe in a concrete slap with a welded steel plate mailbox (try to brake this, retard :happydrunks: )

but IIRC Mike (blm) told us it can not be "permanent" for some reason :thumb:

DAMN! I was thinkin the same thing. Oh well, we'll just have to keep on it if it keeps gettin knocked down and destroyed. I'm sure the dedicated dune riders of Dumont will be out there more than those a$$es.

Posted

DAMN! I was thinkin the same thing. Oh well, we'll just have to keep on it if it keeps gettin knocked down and destroyed. I'm sure the dedicated dune riders of Dumont will be out there more than those a$$es.

hmmmm....: how about a 4'x4' x 1/2" steel plate welded to the pole. we could digg it in the sand and also place the rocks that are there back over it...this way its not "permanent" but still "idiotproof" :happydrunks:

Posted

just found this pic of the real north pole ;

Boris%20at%20North%20Pole.jpg

would be easy to make something like that out of some heavy scrap :happydrunks: ....somebody willing (and talented) to paint it?

Posted

Nah,, it's ok and there.

The couple that maintains it put a new on eup.

DSD_Crew.sized.jpg

Ride to the North Poles Mailbox this past Sunday.

Note My GFs kid lined up his quad with the big boys,, everyone died laughing,, but he made it,,,

Posted

Nah,, it's ok and there.

The couple that maintains it put a new on eup.

Ride to the North Poles Mailbox this past Sunday.

Note My GFs kid lined up his quad with the big boys,, everyone died laughing,, but he made it,,,

When did you last see it out there? You said your ride was Sunday. Like ynot said, he got his days mixed up and he said it was trashed Sun night or Mon morning. Were you out there after that? Just want to make sure. :happydrunks:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...