My new 07 ShortSandCar build log pics

dunefreak

Wow, that was pretty fast! I was expecting at least a few month long thread! Car looks great! Cant wait to see it in person at the dunes this next season when I am healed up and back to my old crazy self! I assume you going to take it out for at least one trip this season? I wouldn't think the heat will stop you! Congrats!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughoff: hay El Prez were is all the extra bracing :ahhhhh: like the X bracr in the back cross braceing the frount were the A arms go so the frame doesn't break X braceing the top so when it's on it's lid it doesn't sink in. :flipoff::laughoff::coffee:

:laughoff:

now I'm just pullin your chain :laughoff::flipoff::coffee:

I think the car is cool can't wait to see it in the dunes you goin with swearal on the panels then clear coat

The new car has larger crossbrace tubing, a front end center brace, chromoly spindles, A pillar gussets, stronger rear cage, etc :beercheers::shake: Thanks for the concern though, Sean. :flipoff: And the side panels are gonna be polished stainless panels. You would have known that if you read the thread already. :flipoff: :ahhhhh:

Wow, that was pretty fast! I was expecting at least a few month long thread! Car looks great! Cant wait to see it in person at the dunes this next season when I am healed up and back to my old crazy self! I assume you going to take it out for at least one trip this season? I wouldn't think the heat will stop you! Congrats!

Thanks Scott. I will be taking it out for the cleanup on the weekend of the 17th and then probably another 2 or 3 times after that. Then there will be trips to Coral Pink that I'll be bringing it out as well. :driver: Your right though, the heat isn't gonna stop me. :laughing: Hey get healed up soon, ok? :thumb:

a couple more pics...

Its looking like all that is left is wiring, mount the seats and side panels, and mount the pedals.

Time to get a blue Outerwear. That red one sticks out like a sore thumb...literally....a big red sore thumb. :think:

post-3-1173284617.jpg

post-3-1173284994.jpg

post-3-1173285076.jpg

post-3-1173285218.jpg

:drinkbeer: AS I SAID, the car is actually a bit darker than most the pics. It was her flash that made it so bright. You guys are jerks. :laughing: :no_no: I like it. :ban-split:

It is ok PAPA SMURF oops I mean Pete we still think your car looks very nice.

:slap: AS I SAID, the car is actually a bit darker than most the pics. It was her flash that made it so bright. You guys are jerks. :laughoff: :no_no: I like it. :ban-split:

Yeah, someone's being mean to you Pete. :drinkbeer:

So, do you think your car will match your Shirt or Pants? :dance:

:slap:

Either way, all they're gonna see is a sand storm :laughing:

It is ok PAPA SMURF oops I mean Pete we still think your car looks very nice.

Mark...maybe you didn't understand :flipoff: , so I'll give you one of these :finger: instead. :slap:

:slap::slap: :dance: :no_no: :flipoff:

:laughing: I still think it needs a big BUD LIGHT logo on both sides. MMM makes me thirsty

just thinking about it. Is it 6:00 yet. :ban-split:

:laughoff: mmmmm That's more like it! It might very easily be do-able too. :rockon: It's gonna have polished stainless side panels and wing sides, BUT I can have Aaron over @ Team Impact do some Bud Light vinyl wrapping over them in the future! :idea: :dance: :drinkbeer::laughoff:

:laughing: I still think it needs a big BUD LIGHT logo on both sides. MMM makes me thirsty

just thinking about it. Is it 6:00 yet. :beercheers:

mmmmm That's more like it! It might very easily be do-able too. :gayboy: It's gonna have polished stainless side panels and wing sides, BUT I can have Aaron over @ Team Impact do some Bud Light vinyl wrapping over them in the future! :idea: :dance: :offtopic::DDRrocks:

And that would sure look a heck of a lot better than a gin-n-tonic logo! :laughoff::laughoff: :freakin_nuts: :headbang1: