sand chick Posted March 5, 2007 Posted March 5, 2007 Weekend observations: Gingerbread Head "Steve" left at Thanksgiving Weekend is still there :ahhhhh: Borrowed Scramblers rollover slowly Thank you to the guy on the orange bike! SandBob1973's new name is BudlightBob Dumont is a lonely lonely place when you volunteer to stay with a broken sandrail on the backside after dark Dodge Durango's catch good air even when pulling an empty trailer Full moon is awsome coming up over dunes Nice to meet Resident^Blonde and evilbeaver next time we'll have to meet up for a ride!! Found Southpole on Sat. Good times were had by all. Everyone made it home safe and sound. Looking forward to the next time out... trying for clean up weekend!! Will post pics later, when I get home....if I can figure it out!! Quote
dunefreak Posted March 5, 2007 Posted March 5, 2007 Sounds like good times. Was the broken sandrail an Alumicraft car? My buddy FLYINRYAN told me his friends rail busted a spindle off and rolled a couple times out there. Did anyone see it or get any pics? Quote
sand chick Posted March 5, 2007 Author Posted March 5, 2007 Sounds like good times. Was the broken sandrail an Alumicraft car? My buddy FLYINRYAN told me his friends rail busted a spindle off and rolled a couple times out there. Did anyone see it or get any pics? No it was SandBob1973 (BudlightBob's) old school - Tranny Quote
White Rhino Posted March 5, 2007 Posted March 5, 2007 Does anybody know what happened with the flight for life that came in that Saturday night? Hope whoever it was is OK!!! Quote
sand chick Posted March 5, 2007 Author Posted March 5, 2007 (edited) Does anybody know what happened with the flight for life that came in that Saturday night? Hope whoever it was is OK!!! :freakin_nuts: I was waiting with broken rail watching it circle and then land and take off. I asked around and no one I talked to knew either. I also hope they are ok!! Edited March 5, 2007 by buggychick Quote
Cracker1 Posted March 5, 2007 Posted March 5, 2007 How was the weather Saturday? The weather was perfect, little cool & windy in the am but by noon shorts & t shirt the dunes were bit$en big rasors & smooth, went to the top of comp about 2 oclock & counted 11 riders in the dunes & 35 at the hill great trip. :freakin_nuts: Quote
Resident^Blonde Posted March 5, 2007 Posted March 5, 2007 I had one of the best times ever which was suprising cuz It ended up being just me and the hubby. didnt think we would have as much fun without our possie. also I cant belive how bright the full moon was. I kept on waking up thinking it was time to ride, then i would peek my head out and see that it was only 2am newaysm The am winds let us know that it was time to wake up cuz it 'bout blew our new tent away lol. I usually didnt ride hard, but since being it was just us two, I had to keep up with Darrell, so i sucked it up and conqured Comp Hill, went in the bowl and even hit a couple jumps (by accident of corse) lol :freakin_nuts: Cant wait to go out again. Deffinatly going to have to meet up and ride jodi! Quote
sand chick Posted March 6, 2007 Author Posted March 6, 2007 Here are some weekend pixs!! Thanks 4 the help dunefreak!! Quote
Sparky Posted March 7, 2007 Posted March 7, 2007 It sure was a good weekend out there. We stayed from Friday till Monday. Great weather and not crowded at all. Plus I got to check out how the rich folks roll. Talk about sweet rigs, and those guys can drive just as good on dirt as they do on the road. Very cool to watch. P.S. the last pic is not one of those sweet rigs I was refering to as I am sure you know. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 7, 2007 Posted March 7, 2007 It sure was a good weekend out there. We stayed from Friday till Monday. Great weather and not crowded at all. Plus I got to check out how the rich folks roll. Talk about sweet rigs, and those guys can drive just as good on dirt as they do on the road. Very cool to watch. P.S. the last pic is not one of those sweet rigs I was refering to as I am sure you know. Sparky were you camped w/ Travis and Kenny or did you just meet up with them? I see their cars in those pics (2 tatums) Ya know?...the rich folk as you put it. Travis refers to those people as baaaad boys. Looks and sounds like a very nice weekend out there. B) Quote
Sparky Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No we were not camped with them. They all pulled in on Sunday evening and Monday morning. My buddy (the one with purple DTD) new one of the guys in the camp. We just rolled up on them out at comp and started checking out there equipment. Since Casey Mears is a native Bakersfiled boy like me, I am of course a fan of his. I BSed with him for a minute about his car and got a quick flick. Travis and Paul Tracy ran each other up comp a couple of times. WOW!! Awesome horsepower. Quote
raptoroy Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 I was told the flight for life on Saturday was for a 19 year old that had been drinking and crashed. They suspected he had internal bleeding . This is according to the camp host. We also asked him about highway patrol that was there and he said they were citing his father who was there . Quote
lakecitydan Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 Here are some weekend pixs!! Thanks 4 the help dunefreak!! Dam thats an old looking buggy what wrecking yard did you find that in Quote
TCS T Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 Sparky were you camped w/ Travis and Kenny or did you just meet up with them? I see their cars in those pics (2 tatums) Ya know?...the rich folk as you put it. Travis refers to those people as baaaad boys. Looks and sounds like a very nice weekend out there. B) Hey Pete, your crazy man, but I like you! We were just out there on a couple of off-days (Mon-Tue) trying to be on the LOW-LOW! I guess that didn't work though. If you guys ever get a chance to get out there on the off weekdays......DO IT! We had the whole place to ourselves and were able to tear it up as fast as possible without coming across another single person! It was almost surreal to have 7-8 super fast big cars charging like a freight train through the dunes with no worries of running over any innocent bystanders! See ya later Baaaad Boy Pete! Quote
offroadracer Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 It sure was a good weekend out there. We stayed from Friday till Monday. Great weather and not crowded at all. Plus I got to check out how the rich folks roll. Talk about sweet rigs, and those guys can drive just as good on dirt as they do on the road. Very cool to watch. P.S. the last pic is not one of those sweet rigs I was refering to as I am sure you know. nice cars ..whats up with the rhino in the pic it looks like it has rear steering Quote
sand chick Posted March 8, 2007 Author Posted March 8, 2007 Dam thats an old looking buggy what wrecking yard did you find that in I believe we found it in some place "Lake City Auto" ran by some YAHOO the guy was Quote
dunefreak Posted March 8, 2007 Posted March 8, 2007 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No we were not camped with them. They all pulled in on Sunday evening and Monday morning. My buddy (the one with purple DTD) new one of the guys in the camp. We just rolled up on them out at comp and started checking out there equipment. Since Casey Mears is a native Bakersfiled boy like me, I am of course a fan of his. I BSed with him for a minute about his car and got a quick flick. Travis and Paul Tracy ran each other up comp a couple of times. WOW!! Awesome horsepower. oh ok, cool. Sounds like some good times Hey Pete, your crazy man, but I like you! We were just out there on a couple of off-days (Mon-Tue) trying to be on the LOW-LOW! I guess that didn't work though. If you guys ever get a chance to get out there on the off weekdays......DO IT! We had the whole place to ourselves and were able to tear it up as fast as possible without coming across another single person! It was almost surreal to have 7-8 super fast big cars charging like a freight train through the dunes with no worries of running over any innocent bystanders! See ya later Baaaad Boy Pete! :dance: Yup I agree- off weekends rock! Quote
White Rhino Posted March 9, 2007 Posted March 9, 2007 Crazy Moon pics. The moon was so bright this weekend it seemed like day light. Quote
OGP Posted March 9, 2007 Posted March 9, 2007 Crazy Moon pics. The moon was so bright this weekend it seemed like day light. Wow that moon pic looks awesome. Almost like the sun through all of the dust. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.