My New Long Travel Build

bp-guy

I finially decided on a new car for me for next year. I have been talking to Dustin at AG for quite some time about this car and he made me a great deal on it. It is a used car (the owner went to a different frame and motor setup) all I needed to buy was 4 shocks and a mediola and it was sand ready again.

But i wanted to add "my" touches to it as well. It will remain the same color "cranberry" but I am adding full panels to it and a dash. It will have the Lowrance 540c gps and full intercom with car to car communication. XM radio to cruise to as well. 4 hid light bar.

The motor is a small V-8 that came with the car 4-litre GM out of a Buick. But I can change that to a Northstar anytime. It will have 18 inches of travel all around. I ran out of money before I could get to adding full by-passes on it but I can save for those for later as well as power steering. It should be ready for powdercoat by next friday. I will take my digital camera and get better pictures these are off my cell phone.

On a personal note---If your thinking of getting a car, look into AG. Dustin always takes time to answer my questions and when I thought of stuff to add to my car he told me "you don't need that or its already on the car" very honest and straight forward guy to talk to.

Tim

post-1872-1174752456.jpg

post-1872-1174752475.jpg

Edited by bpguy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man!!! I am like a kid in the candy store again. His shop is less than a mile from my work so I am there all the time bugging him..

Here is another of his builds...My buddy's Truggy. I promise I will get this out to Dumont one time.

post-1872-1174753687.jpg

post-1872-1174753725.jpg

Edited by bpguy

I just got back from the off road show at Barona. totally forgot the camera!!!!! :ban-split:

There were ALOT of Rhino's there and side x sides. One was for sale at $37k!!

All in all it was nice to look at but everything was top of the line that not your everyday duner could afford.

I did manage to get my intercom system there and saved $100 bucks buying it there.

It was also hard to look at the eyecandy there with the wife and 2 kids in tow!!!

Here is the link to Glamisdunes.com they have some pics from the show..

www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=103872

Edited by bpguy

• 2 weeks later...

here are a few more...

center console

hood

intercom bracket

car goes into powder coat shop to be stripped of old paint and then checked out one final time before the new paint gets applied.

post-1872-1175897298.jpg

post-1872-1175897311.jpg

post-1872-1175897322.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh out of Powdercoat!!