My New Long Travel Build

bp-guy

Thanks!! I am pretty happy on how it turned out. It comes home tomorrow so I will take more detailed shots and try to get a video up too.

I will be taking it out to Ocotillo in a few weeks to break it in. Plus to see what rear springs to put on it. The ones on it now are just temps till I know what I want for a spring rate.

It should look hot with the hood on it, I still haven't seen that part.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I will get one trip out there for sure. Its hard traveling with the little ones that far. But for sure one maybe two trips. The wife had a good time meeting Pete,Anna,Jim and Chris so she might be up for the trek out there.

Awesome car Tim. I bet you cant wait to get it out in the dunes!!! Youre going to have a Mutha Bitchezzz smile on your face from ear to ear.

You have no idea!!

Last night I was in the car with my daughter in the garage playing with the Ipod and GPS. We drained the battery because we were in it so long!!!! :laughoff:

You have no idea!!

Last night I was in the car with my daughter in the garage playing with the Ipod and GPS. We drained the battery because we were in it so long!!!! :thumb:

Did you sit behind the wheel and make VROOM VROOM noises?

Did you sit behind the wheel and make VROOM VROOM noises?

Almost!

Tonight after I get off work I am going out to my buddy house in the hills and I will finially get to drive it. Gonna take it easy and get the feel for it and break in the trans since it is new. I will try and get some pics and let you know how it goes.

Almost!

Tonight after I get off work I am going out to my buddy house in the hills and I will finially get to drive it. Gonna take it easy and get the feel for it and break in the trans since it is new. I will try and get some pics and let you know how it goes.

right on Tim :old: get some pics

Well I didnt get any pictures but here is how it went.

AWSOME!!!! I unloaded it and took it down the street, finially got to hear the exhaust under a load. Went about 5 miles into the mountains down some old paved roads. Playing with the intercom and ipod along the way. Got the gps up and running to see the speeds.

Managed to hit 88.9 on the gps but backed out due to the tires really grabbing hard to the pavement. My friend got into his truggy and we went out again and had the car to car system dialed in so we could talk to eachother.(I highly recommend getting an intercom) When I wasn't talking I had music in my ears.

Took the neighborhood kids for a bunch of rides and they loved it.

All in all I put about 20-30 miles on the car. Found a few things I need to address but nothing major. Can't wait to see what this car does in the sand! The torque is amazing. Laid a good patch of rubber on the street (60 feet) hit the rev limiter. The HIDS are sweet.

Edited by bpguy

AWSOME!!!! I unloaded it and took it down the street, finially got to hear the exhaust under a load. Went about 5 miles into the mountains down some old paved roads. Playing with the intercom and ipod along the way. Got the gps up and running to see the speeds.

Managed to hit 88.9 on the gps but backed out due to the tires really grabbing hard to the pavement. My friend got into his truggy and we went out aging and had the car to car system dialed in so we could talk to eachother.(I highly recommend getting an intercom) When I wasn't talking I had music in my ears.

All in all I put about 20-30 miles on the car. Found a few things I need to address but nothing major. Can't wait to see what this car does in the sand! The torque is amazing. Laid a good patch of rubber on the street (60 feet) hit the rev limiter. The HIDS are sweet.

Awesome Tim! :beercheers: I wish I had an intercom. That would be sweet. Way to break her in! :laughoff::blury::MBdance:

Managed to hit 88.9 on the gps but backed out due to the tires really grabbing hard to the pavement. My friend got into his truggy and we went out aging and had the car to car system dialed in so we could talk to eachother.(I highly recommend getting an intercom) When I wasn't talking I had music in my ears.

sweet :beercheers: its a bitchen feeling getting that first run it

• 3 weeks later...

Nice car and great build-up thread!

Dustin is a stand up guy for sure.

Night ride this weekend at Glamis if your interested.

Mike

Thanks- It was fun building it with Dustin. I am sure I bugged him alot with me running in there and taking pictures and asking tons of questions...but it came out how I wanted it and I am very happy with it.

I am not sure about the night ride but we are thinking about the 25th of August for a quick trip out and shakedown.