check it out broke 2 bones leg and ankle

vegas style

this being the first bone I have broken its all new to me. and just luck or karma pay back all the people involved have been great my friends getting me out of the dunes and to the ER to all the medical staff that have helped St rose hospital ER and the doctor that the hospital sent me too Dr martin and my dad helping out around here and getting me set for next week. I have nothing to complain about it was a accident im not in much pain ill be fine and I have a new story to tell with a scar!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

well I went to the Dr today and he xrayed my leg there printer was down so I couldn't get a copy but he said it looks good and I can start learning to walk on it again and I don't have to sleep in the boot anymore. was the first time I have seen all the hardware I have now 8 screws and 2 plates. I photo shopped where the hardware is as I saw it. little scary was more then I thought and the 2 screws in the ankle are long. other then being bored a lot physical the ropy will start being more painfull and 3 times a week.

post-978-1179770000.jpg

well I went to the Dr today and he xrayed my leg there printer was down so I couldn't get a copy but he said it looks good and I can start learning to walk on it again and I don't have to sleep in the boot anymore. was the first time I have seen all the hardware I have now 8 screws and 2 plates. I photo shopped where the hardware is as I saw it. little scary was more then I thought and the 2 screws in the ankle are long. other then being bored a lot physical the ropy will start being more painfull and 3 times a week.

Your on the road to recovery!! You will be riding (in boots) in no time!!! :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

hope your doing good and healing quickly, I feel your pain brothaaa uploaded a pic of my souvinere from jhonson valley last presidents day in feb. Heilicopter ride, 2 weeks in the hospital, 15" titanium rod from knee to ankle, 1 screw, muscle graft from thigh, skin graft from thigh for a grand total of 130,000.00.

1 pair of Rhino doors about 550.00

shoulda bought those rhino doors sooner could have saved 129,450.00

post-1206-1181681280.jpg

hope your doing good and healing quickly, I feel your pain brothaaa uploaded a pic of my souvinere from jhonson valley last presidents day in feb. Heilicopter ride, 2 weeks in the hospital, 15" titanium rod from knee to ankle, 1 screw, muscle graft from thigh, skin graft from thigh for a grand total of 130,000.00.

1 pair of Rhino doors about 550.00

shoulda bought those rhino doors sooner could have saved 129,450.00

:headbang1: ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, that doesnt look like it was any fun!! thats a HUGE medical bill.

wow im glad i wasnt that screwed up.

im healed for the most part i saw the Dr yesterday and he said i can stop using the brace and start wearing shoes again. im walking with a pretty good limp but it is getting better fast going to start working in a week. going to be a few more months (been 2 months now) before i feel normal and the swelling to stop. going to continue rehab at the pool now that im good to walk on it. DR says i should be close to 100% in time.

i have current xrays on disk but i cant open the file some DCM? file medical software.....

Looks like some of the stuff I have laying around the garage! :woo_hoo:

i know i was wondering if they are philips head allen torques?

sure you can join damn by the look of it you might be the president of the club sandaholic

im getting to normal motion and walk almost normal. still some swelling and little lack of strength. but i will be working this week some. and will be at the night ride. going to bring the 450r just to putt around dont want to push it to fast. but i am up for a rail ride or 2!!!!!!

So who's in club titanium Steve? you and i for sure glad to here you healing well, My doc said the swelling may last for a year i just hope my leg is strong enough for this years riding season anyway keep in touch we are always at dumont for new years and a few other trips as well. If your there for new years maybe we'll hook up for a couple of beers around the camp fire. :wedgie:

Hey man, sorry to hear about your accident. BUT, if you would of had the proper gear on you probbly would not of had such a bad break or break at all. I'm not trying to preach (maybe I am) but someone has to say it. If and when you ride you always have the proper gear on.

Good Luck with the rehab.

so 2 months to the day i was back at dumont for the night ride. rode the quad on the flats for the most part but i did cross a razor and ride a wheelie felt good to get back on and ride. between going back to work (thurs fri 10 hour days on concrete) and the night ride i was sore last night but it is stronger everyday!

so 2 months to the day i was back at dumont for the night ride. rode the quad on the flats for the most part but i did cross a razor and ride a wheelie felt good to get back on and ride. between going back to work (thurs fri 10 hour days on concrete) and the night ride i was sore last night but it is stronger everyday!

:thumb: Glad you are doing better and out riding again. You must have already been back to your trailer by the time I got there.

:thumb:

• 4 weeks later...