POKER RUN 07/08 SEASON

Dumont Dave

:mc_smiley: HELLO ALL IM NEW TO DDR BUT NOT NEW TO THE DUNES IV BEEN GOING SENCE 1976 AND IM 34 NOW ( DO THE MATH) IN ALL THE YEARS IV NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF A POKER RUN ( NOW NOT TO SAY THAT THERE HAS BEEN ONE??? ) ANYWAYS I HAVE BEEN GETTING THINGS READY TO DO ONE FOR THE 07/08 SEASON. ID LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE FEED BACK AS HOW MANY OF US WOULD LIKE TO "PLAY".PLEASE RESPOND A LITTLE AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dumont Dave

There's been some conversation about doing a poker run in November around Veterns day as a fund raiser to FoDD. We will be talking about it at the next board meeting and Mike I look forward to your input about the event your attending. Ideas, ways to make it better etc? A few years ago I put one on at the old riding area behind Black mountain for some friends and then a bar bq after. We had a blast and with a little preperation it wasn't to bad in the amount of work that had to be done. We thought we could do a little Dune area presentation at each of the stops at Dumont and see if we could bring a little dune "etiquette" to the event and also use it to keep the out of bounds excursions down in the future. Let me know your trhoughts on this? Hope I didn't hijack the thread.

Edited by ynot

I'd be in, doing one this weekend in Stoddard Wells. Should be fun, keep us updated. Welcome to the site, nothing but great people on here...Semper Fi, Woody :blury:

Where is Stoddard Wells. Is it out by Trona.

A poker run would be fun. Putting it all together sounds like a bit of an undertaking. I'll help fi I can.

I def think it would be fun, something a little different every now and then. I'll take good notes Terry, I think we could get something set up. The one I'm doing this weekend is here in Barstow. You can check it out here..... www.barstowpokerrun.com SF Woody :blury:

I am with Pete on this one! Sounds like fun but I don't remember how they work! :dunno:

I kinda remember doing them with our snowmobile club, but that was long time ago!

But yeah! I'd be in for it!

:headbang1::beercheers:

I didn't say I don't know how they work. I said I wasn't sure how it would work out meaning there is always talk about them but nobody seems to come forward and actually do anything to get one going. :laughoff:

I didn't say I don't know how they work. I said I wasn't sure how it would work out meaning there is always talk about them but nobody seems to come forward and actually do anything to get one going. :laughoff:

Sorry I read that wrong :beercheers::headbang1::dunno:

Ok I am not quite sure how they work, but I would be in! :D

:beercheers: Well sound like Ill get this thing going,Im starting now so that maybe It'll go off without a hitch,Im having flaggs made up for the "stops" ( cool flags w/cards and flames), they will double as flags to go on the ATV/BUGGIES, I was thinking of making alot more to "sell" maybe to go towards something???What do-ya all think???

:beercheers: Well sound like Ill get this thing going,Im starting now so that maybe It'll go off without a hitch,Im having flaggs made up for the "stops" ( cool flags w/cards and flames), they will double as flags to go on the ATV/BUGGIES, I was thinking of making alot more to "sell" maybe to go towards something???What do-ya all think???

Sounds great Dave. If there is anything you need help with, just hollar. I am sure there will be plenty of peeps from DDR including myself willing to give you a hand. :headbang1:

Keep us posted. :D

Sooo............Not to sound too much like an idiot :idiot: but will someone please give a brief explaination of how a poker run works. For those of us who are a little bit :stick_smack:

P.S. 200th post 50 more til I'm a PRO :ban-split::beercheers:

They usually are between 30-70 miles long but i guess can make any length you want and after so many miles of riding usually 7-10 miles depends on length of run there is a stop you grab a sealed card, ride again to 4 other stops, and finish, at the finish hand your cards in, they open them and the top 4-5 hands win prizes..(or at least thats how tha last run i did went)..pluz from the entry fee they throw a barbeque and drinks :beerpint::rockwoot:

:beercheers: HELLO ALL IM NEW TO DDR BUT NOT NEW TO THE DUNES IV BEEN GOING SENCE 1976 AND IM 34 NOW ( DO THE MATH) IN ALL THE YEARS IV NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF A POKER RUN ( NOW NOT TO SAY THAT THERE HAS BEEN ONE??? ) ANYWAYS I HAVE BEEN GETTING THINGS READY TO DO ONE FOR THE 07/08 SEASON. ID LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE FEED BACK AS HOW MANY OF US WOULD LIKE TO "PLAY".PLEASE RESPOND A LITTLE AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!

depends where they are at but more than likely i would enter.. :stick_smack:

They usually are between 30-70 miles long but i guess can make any length you want and after so many miles of riding usually 7-10 miles depends on length of run there is a stop you grab a sealed card, ride again to 4 other stops, and finish, at the finish hand your cards in, they open them and the top 4-5 hands win prizes..(or at least thats how tha last run i did went)..pluz from the entry fee they throw a barbeque and drinks :ban-split::beercheers:

Thanks! :rockwoot:

I thought thats how they went, but its been a long, long time! :stick_smack: