Leg injury

Sincity_blondie

A few people have asked about the leg, so I thouht Id post up a few pics.

In case you dont know the story, at Kens grand opening party I injured myself! :thumb:

I was running from a kid with a water balloon, turned to look at the kid and ran into a big drainage pipe sticking outta the wall. Smacked my shin BIG TIME. It was the size of a baseball almost immediately. Just a goose egg. Also has a pretty decent gash. Anyways, I put ice on it right away and the swelling almost went away.

Now a few days later, my leg is black and blue almost all the way around my calf, down my leg, all the way around my ankle (which is really swollen) and bruised all the way down my foot underneath my ankle. Its a little tender, but I can walk no problem. Has me a little concerned with as much bruising as there is, as well as my ankle being so swollen. So now im wondering, should I have gone to a DR?? not really alot they can do with a goose egg on my shin, right ??

The pics I took on my cell phone didnt turn out to good, but its all I have.

leg_injury_1.bmp

leg_injury_2.bmp

leg_injury_3.bmp

leg_injury_4.bmp

Edited by Sincity_blondie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its hard to say. About 3 weeks ago I kicked a heavy bag too low (rubber/sand). Yesterday I got an Xray because I have still had pain in my ankle. Sure enough there is a fracture in there. My bruising wasn't anywhere near the severity you are describing. Might be worth it to take a trip to quick care. Especially if you have insurance.

I gotta say it...that's one hell of a kankle you got there now! :thumb: Damn girl, get to a doctor. :dunno: That doesn't look good. I'd get it checked out just to be sure there isn't any more injuries or damage. :thumb:

:laughing::laughing::coocoo: thats what I was tellin my friend at work earlier. lol its twice the size of my other ANKLE.

I hate to go sit in the freakin quick care for HOURS, just for them to say, sorry nothing we can do. :dope:

That doesn't look good.Did the pipe gash it because you might need a Tetanus shot.It looks like it could be infected. :thumb: I hope that wasn't caused by one of my kids.If so I am so sorry.Please let me know if it was from one of my kids.I hope your leg get's better.

O.K. Stacey, I was reading this over Davey's shoulder, booted him off the 'puter 'cause I must say, I agree with the others, YOU NEED TO GET TO A DOCTOR! I'll give ya a good example of why....

One of the guys I work with tried to move a bunch of sheet rock at home and it fell on his leg, shin to be exact. He didn't go right away either and came to work bruised and swollen just like you. Was in a lot of pain (BIG whiny baby at work, MEN :thumb: ) so we kicked him out and sent him to UMC. There wasn't a fracture, but it was a huge hematoma like yours, which got infected and he ended up having to get surgery to get it cleaned and drained, a shunt was put in and all. Missed about 6 weeks of work over it.

So PLEASE, get it checked out as soon as you can, because it's getting worse, not better. :laughing:

I gotta say it...that's one hell of a kankle you got there now! :thumb: Damn girl, get to a doctor. :laughing: That doesn't look good. I'd get it checked out just to be sure there isn't any more injuries or damage. :laughing:

I agree with Pete...go have it looked at. So what if they tell you "sorry nothing we can do". Better safe than sorry.....and besides you aren't getting any younger.

The bruising around the ankle is what happened to mine...like it was draining, I went to the Dr. and she told me oh it is just infected in the wound and gave me medicine. I still think I chipped the bone on my shin, it still has a knot. It actually is still painful, but the doc wouldn't touch it...kind of bothered me.

That doesn't look good.Did the pipe gash it because you might need a Tetanus shot.It looks like it could be infected. :coocoo: I hope that wasn't caused by one of my kids.If so I am so sorry.Please let me know if it was from one of my kids.I hope your leg get's better.

yeah it did put a small gash in my leg. hopefully its not infected. I really dont want a tetnus shot. those hurt from what ive been told. lol

no it wasnt one of your kids. it wasnt the kids fault anyways, he was just being a kid playing with water balloons. I wasnt watching where I was running.

I probably will go get it checked out now that everyone is freaking me out. :thumb::laughing::laughing:

Sorry to see it looking so bad stacey, it looked like it sucked when you did it , but didn't look THAT bad: Well First of all, tetnus shot probably not. it is more of impact bruising injury, and it was a plastic pipe, not really a cut, more like a dent. As far as going to a Dr, you need to make that call Blondie! Now on the :laughing: side . Did you treat that injury by going home and keeping ice on it and keep it elevated? :laughing: I think I know the answer to that one.

Just my opinion, but I know what shape you were in the following day, :thumb:

Keep icing and elevating it as much as you can, DR visit or not!!

Sorry to see it looking so bad stacey, it looked like it sucked when you did it , but didn't look THAT bad: Well First of all, tetnus shot probably not. it is more of impact bruising injury, and it was a plastic pipe, not really a cut, more like a dent. As far as going to a Dr, you need to make that call Blondie! Now on the :rolleyes: side . Did you treat that injury by going home and keeping ice on it and keep it elevated? :unsure: I think I know the answer to that one.

Just my opinion, but I know what shape you were in the following day, :laughing:

Keep icing and elevating it as much as you can, DR visit or not!!

Its good to know its a plastic pipe, now I dont really gotta be worried bout getting a tentus or blood poisoning hopefully. and it is actually a gash, not a dent. I did keep it on ice most of the evening it happened, and the swelling went down tremendously. just concerns me now that my ankle is so swollen and bruised. guess that could be from me walkin on it instead of keeping it elevated??

oh well, ill live in sure. might take off work early today and stop by the quick care for 4 hours. :ahhhhh:

Ok peeps!! took everyones advise went to quick care today.

after a 3 hour freakin wait, SUCKED, no broken bones, however, my leg is infected. fun times.

they gave me a tetnus shot in the arm, and a freakin antibiotic shot in the a$$. DID I MENTION, I HATE NEEDLES!!

also sent me home with a prescrip of antibiotics im supposed to take 4 times a day. supposed to rest, keep ice on my ankle and keep it elevated for the swelling.

Man, who knew a freakin goose egg could lead to so much bruising, swelling and infection. dr said he is surprised nothing is broke with as much bruising as I have. I lucked out I guess.

Thanks everyone for suggesting I go. Glad I did. No prostetic for me!! :laughing:

Ok peeps!! took everyones advise went to quick care today.

after a 3 hour freakin wait, SUCKED, no broken bones, however, my leg is infected. fun times.

they gave me a tetnus shot in the arm, and a freakin antibiotic shot in the a$$. DID I MENTION, I HATE NEEDLES!!

also sent me home with a prescrip of antibiotics im supposed to take 4 times a day. supposed to rest, keep ice on my ankle and keep it elevated for the swelling.

Man, who knew a freakin goose egg could lead to so much bruising, swelling and infection. dr said he is surprised nothing is broke with as much bruising as I have. I lucked out I guess.

Thanks everyone for suggesting I go. Glad I did. No prostetic for me!! :laughing:

So they aren't gonna have to amputate that kankle? :ahhhhh:

Good thing you went and had it checked out. :rolleyes: Get better soon. :D