Lens tint in your goggles

indasand

I have always used a root beer tint or peach (depending on the brand) when I am riding in the desert on my bike (I can see the big rocks) But in the sand in seems to blend everything together. I tried clear lenses and is just way to bright. I'm thinking about polarized lenses for Scott goggles in the sand. I bought the ones labeled grey and it just seems like I'm wearing a cheap pair of sunglasses.

Clear is for night rides and tear offs are for racing (kinda/mostly)

Just wondering what everybody else is using to see at the dunes....

I've always ran the amber colored lenses during dune rides or desert rides during the day , seems to magnify the rocks and whitch eyes i think , clear or smoked it seems to all blend together

ive used clear, way to bright... amber even worse, i only use amber at dusk, seems to brighten things up after the suns down but still kinda light out. and i use smoked/tinted/polarized depends on brand, during the day for dunes and desert

I use these new Oakley goggles.

post-591-1179455349.jpg

I bought two pairs.

Smoke lense in the day.

Clear at night, And every things alllllright! :laughing:

I hate when we go on a ride @ 5:00 with the smoke lenses,

and by the time we're half way through it the sun goes down and then I can't see. :ahhhhh:

When I was riding my quad or am in the rhino I wear Pro grip because the lenses change as the light changes. In the rail I wear the new Sand goggles from Oakley cause they really keep the sand out. Since I don't ride at night i only have to deal with dusk and that can be a pain. If I am leading I go without, if I am following I follow taillights with goggles on. :laughing:

I wear the Scott goggles made to fit over glasses so I can wear my sunglasses during the day. Starts to get too dark, remove sunglasses, still have the clear goggles for protection. Works out nicely. :happydrunks:

I wear the Scott goggles made to fit over glasses so I can wear my sunglasses during the day. Starts to get too dark, remove sunglasses, still have the clear goggles for protection. Works out nicely. :happydrunks:

That's what I do except I have Oakley goggles that fit over my sunglasses.

I've always ran the amber colored lenses during dune rides or desert rides during the day , seems to magnify the rocks and whitch eyes i think , clear or smoked it seems to all blend together

I used to wear the amber now if i do they make me :happydrunks: fo rsome reason so now I wear clear and sunglasses under if needed

That's what I do except I have Oakley goggles that fit over my sunglasses.

Those are what I have also!! Works perfect!! B)

But I have friends who only use the amber, I tried them once and it also made me :thumb::happydrunks:

Edited by buggychick

A guy that I know runs a local moto shop here in Bako....He got some new oakley iridium lenses in. Hel et me try some on my last trip to dumont.

I used to rock the smoke/amber lense. the iridium lenses have a dark blue tint to them, which is easy on the eyes in direct sunlight, and differentiates the subtleness of the sand, along with witches eyes. They are considerably more, but worth every freekin penny, imo

:happydrunks:

I also use the pro grip goggles like ynot with the light sensitive lens. There not to bright during the day and perfect at dusk for the ride back to camp. The best part is that no matter how windy it is or if I get roosted sand doesnt seem to get thru these bad boys.