Well A new to me toy anyway

jtgroover

Here she is Just a Beat up old rail going to bring her back to life

Will Photo doc the build just for Shits and giggles Hope to see you out in the dunes.

Got the frame, the Brand new 16.50 x15 on 6 lug chevy rims d*ck Cepek paddles and misc. Parts for it for a grand total of $600 .

post-1505-1180048573.jpg

post-1505-1180048610.jpg

post-1505-1180048738.jpg

looks like a good deal with those tires. They will be too much for your car I think but you can sell them easily and make back about half of what you have invested so far.

Have fun with the build.

I thought the same thing about the paddles but for the money I couldn't turn it down.

Ideas for it so far as follows.

Long Travel Fron Beam w/ extended Trailing arms,

Front Drums will remain for now as this is going to be used for some light prerunning as well (will Upgrade to front disk later)

3x3 trailing arms with IRS conversion.

Pro-sand Bus transmission (rancho)

2.3 Pinto motor with 350 4-barrel carb(came out of a sprint car)

drum Brakes on the rear temp. disk later.

PRP seats.

Reweld Floorboard above the frame rails in order to install adjustable pedals.

11 gallon fuel tank,

alternator to handle plenty of lights LOL I LIKE LIGHTS

And this was a Demand from my wife..... after our first trip to dumont and she rode in a 4 seat V-8 LT

I quote "I dont care if the darn thing cost us $1500 bucks to build I want the PCI Intercom system with sirius Piped in ( i will add the race radio for aforementioned purposes.)

Just picked it up this last weekend, NAd then fly to baltimore D.C. Area on monday, First things first is to get it to Sandblasting hopefully sometime next week. so I can go through all the welds then the modifications begin,

you have two things already accomplished. the motivation and the wifes approval and that is a huge accomplishment in itself.

Have fun!

Edited by bpguy

If that front end in the picture is the right front suspension to fit that rail, You have some work to do. A ball joint front end has different spacing between the torsion tubes than a king pin front end. Have fun with the build and keep posting pictures of your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

If that front end in the picture is the right front suspension to fit that rail, You have some work to do. A ball joint front end has different spacing between the torsion tubes than a king pin front end. Have fun with the build and keep posting pictures of your progress.

it is a ball joint front end, and I am going to be selling it for a new front end with disk brakes.

Nice!! Keep us posted!

Doesn't it seem like it takes FOREVER sometimes? :barf::D

Especially since my work schedule and honey do list has only allowed me to unload everything from the trailer at this point LOL will get wrenching on her soon.