diesels.....how much smoke is too much?

those of you with programmers.........are you concerned with the amount of soot coming out of your exhaust?

I noticed on one tune of my programmer, the lowest setting, that it seems to smoke a little more than the others, or stock for that matter. should I be concerned?

i know that the black smoke is just unburned diesel shooting out the back, but is there a point where too much is a problem?

btw Pete, how about pegging a diesel section here??

:thumbsdown:

those of you with programmers.........are you concerned with the amount of soot coming out of your exhaust?

I noticed on one tune of my programmer, the lowest setting, that it seems to smoke a little more than the others, or stock for that matter. should I be concerned?

i know that the black smoke is just unburned diesel shooting out the back, but is there a point where too much is a problem?

:thumbsdown:

i like the soot it works pretty good as a get back at ya if your driving like an idiot around me :laughoff::laughoff:

Black smoke kicks a$$! :thumbsdown::laughoff:

but seriously, you have a programmer on your truck so why are you concerned about it? It is probaby normal. Each setting changes fuel and timing therefore changing the amount of smoke you are gonna have. The Edge programmer even has a setting for smoke. :lol: I wouldn't sweat it. :loser:

:dunno:

Why? Is the truck section so busy with diesel threads that you can't find topics? :idiot::laughoff:

Black smoke kicks a$$! :thumbsdown::laughoff:

but seriously, you have a programmer on your truck so why are you concerned about it? It is probaby normal. Each setting changes fuel and timing therefore changing the amount of smoke you are gonna have. The Edge programmer even has a setting for smoke. :lol: I wouldn't sweat it. :lol:

Why? Is the truck section so busy with diesel threads that you can't find topics? :dunno::laughoff:

alright CALM DOWN :loser:

:idiot:

Back to the original question:

" diesels.....how much smoke is too much? "

:dunno::offtopic::dunno:

I don't see what diesels have to do with it. :think:

:dunno:

I think Pete is right. You have a programmer = you shouldn't care. :blink:

I also think Cheese is funny as hell telling Pete to CALM DOWN. :barf::blah::blah:

:MBdance: Too much. :bawl:

• 1 month later...

Don is right. Sometimes in the morning you can get white smoke if the glowplugs aren't up to operating temp yet. It is unburnt diesel fuel. Of course it could have been coolant, but usually white on a diesel is just fuel. Usually means a glow plug might be bad or not hot yet.