Modificatons for Honda TRX450r

sand chick

Ok so after the rail is done, I am going to be looking to do some mods to my 05 Honda TRX450r.

I have NO idea ANYTHING about this, soooooo I am asking the experts for ideas. I will be riding mostly sand and the occiasional I NEED TO RIDE fix at Johnson Valley.

I know this first thing I need to get is some paddles

Well heres my 2 cents Jodi

#1 a six pack rack,so you can have a tasty bevrage while waiting for Bob(or a tow)

#2 a set of paddles any brand will be good to start with

#3 a slip on exhaust,so it sounds better(any brand is ok as long as it does not use supertrap style discs)

#4 drop the counter sproket 1 tooth,will make it more ridable for you

#5 save some room for more improvements in the future when you get used to it and it seems like you need more power

And for all you witch bike is better people,I was sitting on top of Choke Cherry Hill (St Anthony ID)the bigest hill you can ride on and it looked like the Hondas had the edge over the Yamies

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for ALL your advice!! :laughoff:

If you have more please add it!! :D

As for the battle............. :lol: continue...........BUT I GET A FRONT ROW SEAT AT THE RACE!! :lol: No wait I want to be the flag girl at the start, yeah that's it the flag girl :laughoff:

You better PM me times and dates!! :laughoff:

The best modification you can do to that quad is put paddles on it for the sand, one tooth smaller on the front sprocket and a six pack rack. Leave the rest alone.

There is absolutely no reason to waste money on some loud a$$ pipe that is just going to piss people off.

That quad will always be fast enough for you and if it isn't hop in the buggy and get a rush. JMHO :shocked2:

Paddles like everyone says, I would also get front sand tires.

Drop one tooth size on the front sprocket.

The HRC kit for the 05 will add some good power and also comes a new exhaust end cap, I had

mine done at a shop because it involves putting a new cam in. Something I didn't want to mess with.

i eat 700 raptors all day long like it was my JOB...

i'll run my 450r against your rapturd any day

I have to admit that you guys with Honda's ride fast .... well you have to, to keep away from the buzzards and vultures looking at that road kill :beercheers::lol::blink:

As for paddles I would always go with skat-traks.For the rear I go with the 8 or 10 paddle haulers but for if you dont wanna race much I would go with skat-traks v paddle. I dont remember the name though but they seem to be more paddle than the normal v paddles. Ive ridden geckos and sand skates and I hate those things!!! The skatty fronts work very well also. Then get the exhaust filter and rejet, then play with the gearing for what you want.

As for the 700 and 450r race, thats kinda :lol::lol::think:

Im new here so I will give what I can................

Im also a 450r rider......

the best thing you can do to your bike is a HRC kit and you will like it.... or the next best thing is a HC2 from ebay a 13t front sproket and a exhaust. You will be happy with that...

I want in on the fun with CaptNkllm........... lol

my 450r puts down a wopping 38hp and hasnt lost to a Rappy yet....

IMG_0959-1.jpg

Just so ya can recognize me out there....

IMG_0960.jpg

I will be at Dumont on Haloween weekend.. lol

this looks like a great place....

Hey Captkillm what day,days?Will you be out for Labor Day at Dumont.I would like to see you Rappy run.Sounds like a really fast bike.I think i will be out for the day.

its not going to happen :laughing: my wife thinks san diego is a more needed place to visit :coocoo:

but i will post as soon as i ahve it planned. i hope it cools down a little more before the kik off weekend. i will be out earlier if possible.

Capt

Im new here so I will give what I can................

Im also a 450r rider......

the best thing you can do to your bike is a HRC kit and you will like it.... or the next best thing is a HC2 from ebay a 13t front sproket and a exhaust. You will be happy with that...

I want in on the fun with CaptNkllm........... lol

my 450r puts down a wopping 38hp and hasnt lost to a Rappy yet....

IMG_0959-1.jpg

Just so ya can recognize me out there....

IMG_0960.jpg

I will be at Dumont on Haloween weekend.. lol

this looks like a great place....

lol its always fun out there with all the ddr peeps :laughing: i will be there for sho on halloweenie.

capt

• 3 weeks later...

:DDRrocks: talk is cheap! this is what i have. does 67 up banshee hill in a 500 ft race.

112_1207.jpg

back to the real question. how much do you want to spend on mods? that will give us a better idea of what kind of mods will better serve you.

I am not looking at keeping up with you guys and hill shooting, I was just happy I finally made it up comp and then I was trying to figure out WTF the big deal was all along :bawl:

I am just trying to get some ideas for when I am ready to do some up grades. And you guys have came to the call and it is much appreciated. I am getting lots of ideas.

Sweet bike by the way!

wow ! and to think my little 421 would just do 75 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75 mph in 500 feet? wow that's awesome!

my buddies rudy kurtz built 421cc 4mm cheetah can't run with my stock bore stock stroke 450r.

Edited by bako450r

I am not looking at keeping up with you guys and hill shooting, I was just happy I finally made it up comp and then I was trying to figure out WTF the big deal was all along :laughing:

I am just trying to get some ideas for when I am ready to do some up grades. And you guys have came to the call and it is much appreciated. I am getting lots of ideas.

Sweet bike by the way!

thanks for the compliments!

i just built a 12.25:1 compression stock bore stock stroke

ported, with a slip on exhaust and the bike really nice.

it's no drag bike, but it pulls wheelies on demand in 3rd gear.

i think that build was all for under a grand parts and labor.

no bad for a pump gas bolt on bike.