Big Thanx to DDR

barefoot bob

WHEW made it home finally. my son had to go by ambulance to the hospital.

big DNF on the motorcycle . in the whoop section coming out from comp hill. Apperently he was headed back to camp pinned out in 4th hit a rock and tossed him a$$ over tea kettle 30ft. No broken bones !!!

his bike is geared close to 85 to 90 in 5th . 4th pinned is near 60 to 70 mph

acccording to the doctor he landed on his arse and right hip and tumbled knee is tore up, road rash on his :DDRrocks: and back and he is very very sore. and all he wanted to know was " what happened to my bike"

"is it ok " "did you get my bike " jeeeeeeeeez :woo_hoo:

he wanted to thank all that helped.

I want to personaly thank you guys for the help .joe duner went out into the dunes to find me and tell me.

bert helped at the scene and helped load his bike. and no less than 4 ddr rails showed up at the ranger station to see if he was ok. and helped take my wifes ranger back to camp when she left in the ambulance with our son.

i owe you guys .thank you with all my heart.

and a big shout out to God who was obviously watching out for my boy.

and that bright green a$$ buggy that you cant miss and everyone knew where it was camped.

and of course my best friend james who handled bussines so i could get out of there. and my buddy chris.

all is well :laughing:

and what was the most coolest out of that bad situation was my wiffe who is a bit stand offish actually saw what ddr peeps are all about. and now maybe she can understand why i enjoy this websight so much. and the people on it :DDRrocks: Pete, anna you guys rock this websight has alowed me to meet some great peeps :beercheers: and she also give her most sincerest thanx now that shes calm.

p.s. those that now my son as chris hes christopher cody and we have always called him cody :thumb: now he thinks hes a big boy he wants to be called chris :MBdance:

Edited by barefoot bob

I'm glad to hear he has no broken bones, Bob. :thumb:

Bert and Chris told us that you were still out on a ride and to go let you know what had happened. Joe was following me when we went looking for you. I hauled out to the north pole thinking you were out there still and Joe and kris cut through the dunes to grab you when they spotted you.

Here is where he wrecked....

normal_S2010268~0.JPG

normal_S2010269.JPG

normal_S2010270.JPG

Once again, I'm glad your boy is ok. It could have been much worse! :beercheers:

Seen that ambulance on the 127, I was telling Shanna someone out there must of gotten hurt, they have a long drive. Glad he's ok, good job helping out peeps, DDR peeps are the best...SF Woody :beercheers:

Glad to hear he is ok Bob. We were packing up getting ready to leave when we saw the ranger buggy heading out.

then we saw bunch of ddr peeps hauling butt to the ranger station, so we knew it was someone we knew.

glad no broken bones, he will definately be sore for a while.

thanx pete i didnt know how many peeps were out looking for me . when joe told me i just took off i didnt even tell my wife i just hauled a$$. somehow i beat the ranger truck carrying my son to the station . a lil caught in the moment. thanx evrybody who helped sincerely :watching:

looks like he will be a bench warmer for halloween. and thnx you guys for reminding me about pahrump i told them under no circumstances is he to go to pahrump. vegas ok barstow ok. they assured me he wasnt in a life threatning situation or i would have demanded vegas. im taking him to his physician just to be sure :barf:

Edited by barefoot bob

thnx everyonr for your well wishes he awake and sore but ok :watching:

hey pete where is that infernal rock he hit at? i dont see any in the pic. but bert and chris said it was definatly there :barf:

There might not have been a rock that he hit. We were just guessing. Bert said he probably just got crossed up. He was coming from comp like from in front of the white truck in the pic.

Hey Bob no problem I'll send you the bill.

That pic pete is talking about,He would have hit the tracker if it was there.There was a some small rocks but the tracks looked like he just went straight threw them.

I think he just got crossed up in the woops and lost it.

Glad hes ok Bob, we were leaving and driving by the ranger station when you pulled up, I even said to my girl sitting next to me "look at this idiot LT car going 90 mph through camp, oh, now hes sliding into the ranger station at 90 mph!!", then we realized why!! The rangers pulled in right after you...Thats when we got that sick feeling in the tummy...

Makes me think twice about hauling mail 4th and 5th gear across those whoops!! :laughoff:

Glad hes ok Bob, we were leaving and driving by the ranger station when you pulled up, I even said to my girl sitting next to me "look at this idiot LT car going 90 mph through camp, oh, now hes sliding into the ranger station at 90 mph!!", then we realized why!! The rangers pulled in right after you...Thats when we got that sick feeling in the tummy...

Makes me think twice about hauling mail 4th and 5th gear across those whoops!! :laughoff:

ya sorry i did try to keep wide berth from actual camping area but i wasnt going to slow down

i tried to stay on the old vendors row road i got a lil disoriented when the vendors wernt there but i was still trying to stay clear but get there fast. i did the woops in 4th pinned. all i kept thinking was god dont fail me now !!

did anyone see him crash ?? how long was he laying there? it seems like from what im understanding that people were there instantly. but i never got the whole story can anyone tell me ???

he said he rembered seeing a blue sammy ( i think it was berts tracker) he thought they didnt see him and he said he just layed there and doesnt remember much from there.

he said all that was going through his head is that somebody didnt run him over :laughoff:

Damn Bob that had to of been a real testing time for you till you got to your boy. Atleast he got most of this weekend in before he had the accident.

Glad all he got was just a lil rash and no long-term injuries to show for it.

P.S.

Thanks for letting me camp with you...My daughter had a blast with the other kids (after she stopped being shy).

time for a steering stabilizer... :D thats the next test on my bike.. lets see how the stabilizer works in the whoops :D

Glad you kid is ok.. But you need to keep him away from pauly paul!!

Once you install a stabilizer.....you will never want to ride without one. I used to use Scotts / Ohlins, I have since switched over to GPR. I love their service and they are kinda local / San Diego. BTW, my wife thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. How did the CR do? :laughoff: