caution tape

anybody getting annoyed at all the people that run caution tape up on the finger dunes claiming that as part of thier camp? thats getting dangerous letting kids play there. i know all of us like blasting down the fingers and dont want to hit anyone. last year i took my truck over the finger dune to go to comp and some lady jumped out in front and said i had to go back. actually my wife was driving i told her to tell the b*tch to screw off and we went on. :slap:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i agree dave, over pres weekend, the bathroom by our camp was nowhere to be found, a group surrounded it with thier RVs and claimed it as part of their camp, so the women in our group had to go way out of their way just to go to the restroom, i can understand a circle of RVs, but you wouldnt do that around the vendors, so why around the bathrooms where everyone is supposed to be able to go... and then getting to comp is a mission of dead ends with caution tape when you are parked in the middle-back, especially at night, some people have no common courtesy :slap::rockwoot::laughoff:

It annoys me too.....how about we caution tape off comp and see how they like that!!! The only time I use the tape is to keep the pit racers from going right through my camp....I am a believer that we all came for the dunes and no one should be able to tape them off for themselves!

I can't believe they did that with a restroom.....must have been a really large camp. However, I know I would have purposely walked through their camp to that restroom every time!! eff em! I like being a nice guy but if I am pushed...I'm great at being an A$$HOLE too!! :slap:

Edited by cmyfirepole

Yep, that chit pisses me off too, Dave. I try and keep an eye out as much as possible for kids playing along the tops of the dunes when I go blasting down the dune, but if they weren't there in the first place there wouldn't be any danger of getting hit in the first place. I personally think that the finger dune is no place for kids to play on. Maybe at the bottom of it, but not on top. If you have kids I would expect you to realize that people will be riding across the top of the finger and that isn't a safe place for a kid. It's also dangerous when two idiots on opposite sides of the finger decide to tape off the dune on both sides. Then when you go driving down the dune in a sandrail or if you come up on someone coming the other way, there almost isn't any room for you to safely pass through. Sometimes people even use rebar :slap::rockwoot: to stake off the tops- now that's dangerous. :laughoff::laughoff:

that big camp that was around the bathroom was at bathroom 9 wasnt it ?? i was using that bathroom to find my camp, then all of a sudden i couldnt find it anymore. they suck!!!! i mean, they all had friggin motorhomes, its not like they needed the bathroom. jerks!!

that big camp that was around the bathroom was at bathroom 9 wasnt it ?? i was using that bathroom to find my camp, then all of a sudden i couldnt find it anymore. they suck!!!! i mean, they all had friggin motorhomes, its not like they needed the bathroom. jerks!!

yep was at bathroom 9, it was easy to find friday and saturday all day, but by saturday night it was gone i almost said something :laughing: but then i saw they had little kids so i didnt want to make their parents look like idiots in front of the little ones or make em think my language is ok lol plus they woulda seen it like this :mc_smiley: :laughing: then ida had to :headbang: lol :rockwoot:

WELL the circle aound the bath is bs .... BUT the flags accros the top of the finger is for keeping ppl from running over the LITTLE DUNERS they have as much right to dune as the reast of us. over pres day there was some dum a$$`s that just about ran over 2 of the kids in our group..and diddnt even stop after knocking one down. so the flags go up on the ridge. the last thing any one needs is to have sume dumb a$$ wrek into a 300K RV or god for bid one of the kids...we have about 8-12 kids under the age of 10 in our group they need to play some where safe :beercheers: :shocked2: :shocked2:

WELL the circle aound the bath is bs .... BUT the flags accros the top of the finger is for keeping ppl from running over the LITTLE DUNERS they have as much right to dune as the reast of us. over pres day there was some dum a$$`s that just about ran over 2 of the kids in our group..and diddnt even stop after knocking one down. so the flags go up on the ridge. the last thing any one needs is to have sume dumb a$$ wrek into a 300K RV or god for bid one of the kids...we have about 8-12 kids under the age of 10 in our group they need to play some where safe :beercheers: :shocked2: :shocked2:

yes, kids do have just as much right to dune as we do, BUT I think they should stay off the tops of the fingers dunes unless they are on a bike. When they just sit in the sand up there that can be very dangerous. You don't even see them until you are right up on them. And if there are flags across the top of the dunes, people still need to make room for bikes to pass along the top. I understand that you would need to make it so people don't come flying into your camp, but you still gotta think about others too. I hate those people that don't leave any room at the tops and try to OWN the entire dune for the weekend.

Just my .02 :D

:beercheers:

I have to agree....you shouldn't be taping off any dunes for yourself....the flats are different. You are asking for it if you have little kids playing on the dune. Why not let them play in the street.....just tape it off.:shocked2:

No disrespect intended.

Edited by cmyfirepole

yup. the kids have no buisness on the fingers. anyone who lets them play there taped off or not is just asking for trouble. they can wait till they grow up and ride them like everyone else. my big beef is having all that crap to worry about running into or over kids and stuff. its not a sand box. :P

well WE never tape OFF the finger just the side that the RV`s sit on So ppl dont come flyin over and to keep ppl from running right through camp throwing sand rock onto 300k rv pain and 150k buggy`s. its like riding right across some ones Temp livingroom

Edited by DeToXiC1

its not a sand box. :P

basically it is or we wouldnt be out there? think about it arent rails and quads our toys and what are we doing with them when we are there, playing. sorry nick almost forgot, you 2 wheelers also included

basically it is or we wouldnt be out there? think about it arent rails and quads our toys and what are we doing with them when we are there, playing. sorry nick almost forgot, you 2 wheelers also included

Yes it is....but when big kids mix in with the little kids it's obvious who's going to get hurt.

It still doesn't make it cool to tape off the dunes.....no matter how you twist it.

I have 2 kids under 8 that ride everytime we go out, they are NOT allowed to play on the dunes if they want to dig or run around they can do that within our circle where they are safe. It drives me crazy seeing little kids sitting on the sides of the dunes playing, i wonder what their parents are thinking. And not to be rude but if you are that worried about your rig & rail maybe you shouldnt park so close to the dunes. It is not fair to other dunners to have to go thru a detour of flags and caution tape. We have been out many times and never had a problem with rocks, etc. hitting our stuff. Presidents day we got out early enough to where we should have gotten a really good spot, BUT people had huge areas taped off to where we had to pretty much camp out in the "driving" area in the fingers. And if you want your kids to be safe why not have them ride around your camp (on the outside of the circle until people from your camp go on a "real" ride) that is what we do and we know the kids are as safe as they can be. No matter what there will be accidents here and there, and hopefully no one gets hurt. (This isnt towards anyone in particular just stating my .02) This is just one of my pet peves. :beercheers:

It still doesn't make it cool to tape off the dunes.....no matter how you twist it.

im not saying its cool to tape of the dunes or trying to twist anything. but if im not hangin with a large crowd where my kids can be safe and play im coning off an area. not on a dune though

well that just it we park at the finger 1 to block the wind and 2 to give the kids a hill to ride on in camp that is safer then going out to the open dunes to ride. not to mention that the fingers are in the camping area and ppl shouldent be rinning the ridge faster then about 15-25 mph any way...and when we flag off AN AREA its in our camp not an open dune.. thats just not right...

You just look at the poor sole at glamis week before last was going 65 mph right by the camping area and hit a kiddy rutt flipped severl times with the whole family in the car.. and the driver was killed....

this is the kind of thing that flags help prevent (caution ) there are ppl around....

Edited by DeToXiC1

guess im not done. i disagree. we have always blasted down the fingers because it is part of the riding experiance. no kids should be playing near them and camping shouldnt be right up to the edge. thats just my opinion. thats why i started this thread because it pisses me off to see flags and tape running up the sides of the fingers. if the kids want to play on the dunes, pick a nice off weekend when hardly anyone is there to avoid an accident. there is a time and place for everything.

Well all I can say is this the next time some Idiot Knocks Down my kid in our camp and don’t even stop they WILL MEAT THERE MAKER!!!!! not a thret just how it will be. With the increased amount of dumb a$$`s in the dunes today its just not practical to just think ppl have common sense.....so the flags are going to go up 1 to keep our kids safe 2 to keep the ppl with out a brain from receiving some nice red and white flowers in the hospital room they would be in!!! You live close enough to Dumont that you can go 2-3 times a mo. you go on the OFF week-ends and blast the fingers all you want.... the weeks that we go theres 30-50k ppl there so camping up by the fingers is about all you can do.

Well all I can say is this the next time some Idiot Knocks Down my kid in our camp and don’t even stop they WILL MEAT THERE MAKER!!!!! not a thret just how it will be. With the increased amount of dumb a$$`s in the dunes today its just not practical to just think ppl have common sense.....so the flags are going to go up 1 to keep our kids safe 2 to keep the ppl with out a brain from receiving some nice red and white flowers in the hospital room they would be in!!! You live close enough to Dumont that you can go 2-3 times a mo. you go on the OFF week-ends and blast the fingers all you want.... the weeks that we go theres 30-50k ppl there so camping up by the fingers is about all you can do.

thats not true....go to the baby dunes then... its not cool to tape off any dunes, bathrooms, etc... if your so worried about your kids having a dune to ride on safely without interuption, then go somewhere where its all kids, IE Baby Dunes.... dont ruin everyone elses experience because your too egotistical to sacrifice your big dune time for your kids fun.... dunno if egotistical is the right word, but still i hope you all get the point...

and you talk a bout common sense, if your taping/marking off the finger dunes your asking to get someone in your camp hurt.... maybe you have a lack of common sense?

I have to agree with DeToxic on this one fellas. Personally I have no problem at all with people taping off a part of a finger dune for the kids to ride on. I for one never race along the finger dunes on big weekends. The way I look at it is the finger dunes are part of the camping area on big weekends and caution should be taken whenever you are in the camping area. There are plenty of finger dunes or small dunes behind comp, or back towards the north pole. It would be just as easy for anyone to go back there and race along the finger or small dunes back there to have a part of the riding experience. If I need to go over a finger dune to get to camp, I find a spot where it is open during the day and go over in that particular spot and the same at night. Heck, I ran thru some guys caution tape one night on accident, then the very next morning I went to his camp and gave him a new roll of caution tape as to say "Hey bud, my bad". I mean let's face it, 7 - 10 year olds are still too young to go out in the big dunes by themselves, but at the same time are to bored with just going around in circles around camp on flat ground. So give them a little hill to ride on. Everybody just need to look out for eachother and be respectful.................. :cry::thumb::laughoff::beercheers: :monkeedance2: :finger:

But then again, I've chosen to not go out on big weekends anymore, so I guess I don't have to worry about this, but I just thought I'd throw my $.02 in the mix...............Y'all have a great day!!!!............. :thumb: