Anybody else have this problem or concern about Dumont rules

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, duh. because the fingers are for riding too. i have had little ones and have a little grandkid now. talk about keeping the little ones safe, then camp away from the sh*t! jesus christ! its not a damn playground for kids. people actually love to ride the fingers without having to run into kids. jesus f*ckin christ! :shocked2:

its people like you that people with kids that go out to have a good time have to worry about. your a idoit

its people like you that people with kids that go out to have a good time have to worry about. your a idoit

Name calling is against the rules! Why can't everyone have civil discussions anymore? If this name calling and arguing continues this topic will be closed and people are going to start getting suspended.

And BTW, superdave has a couple kids (and grandchild) and is smart enough to camp far away from finger dunes where there are high traffic areas. This topic has been discussed before on here and there is never going to be an agreement on this so let it go, people. :bs: This includes you, Dave. There is no need to get all worked up about such a thing. :shocked2:

Name calling is against the rules! Why can't everyone have civil discussions anymore? If this name calling and arguing continues this topic will be closed and people are going to start getting suspended.

And BTW, superdave has a couple kids (and grandchild) and is smart enough to camp far away from finger dunes where there are high traffic areas. This topic has been discussed before on here and there is never going to be an agreement on this so let it go, people. :bs: This includes you, Dave. There is no need to get all worked up about such a thing. :shocked2:

your right it not cool to name call sorry about that dave but your rant about riding the finger dunes with all the kids in the way where are they supposed to play comp or banshee hill? considering the finger dunes are in the camping area and the speed limit is 15 mph and the kids are not ready to go out in the big dunes just let them have them by the way im not saying tape them off i cant stand that but i do respect the family and the kids trying to have a fun and SAFE weekend. finger dune racers are wannabe, look at me im cool posers! dumont is a big place go ride with the big kids!

ok. i guess i will go sit in the corner with my nose against the wall. :( [ thats old school, literally, for the kids out there ] AND IM NOT AN I DOIT!

just live with it . just like all the other problems in this great country of ours and we'll all find a way to get though it all some how . and as far as the fingers i don't see anything at all wrong with coneing just don't use reebar use 2 inch angle iron 4 foot lenghts :coocoo: :no_no:

What is amazing is the sense of entitlement by some. It appears that some of you feel it is your right to determine for others where and how they should enjoy the dunes. It seems you have forgotten that one individuals rights begin where another's end.

It is entirely acceptable for people with kids to camp near the finger dunes if they choose. It is also entirely acceptable, imho, to mark the area for safety. What materials used to mark the area should be considered and should not endanger people passing by in any way. Also, out of respect, if one chooses to camp near the finger dunes, they should not block access to the top of the dune where most people ride. It is an open riding area after all.

For those of you who feel the need to tear down others tape and cones and what not, I hope you are not unfortunate enough to tear down mine. I generally do not camp near the finger dunes as I like as much peace and quite at night as possible. You will never hear me complain about the noise @ 1:00, 2:00 or even 5:30 am.

However, I have friends who like to camp near the finger dunes and on occasion I have camped with them. There always seem to be someone who thinks they are the "finger dune Police" and my friend's tape has been pulled down. I can tell you that the area marked off has never been unreasonable, has never limited access to or the ability to ride on the dune. Red cones and yellow glow in the dark tape is what was used. On several occasions where the opportunity existed, they were caught and made to return and put the tape back up.

What we need to remember is that an ounce of common sense, and a little respect for others is all it takes for us all to have a good time, even when we disagree on certain issues.

Just my two cents.

Edited by rpost215

Also, out of respect, if one chooses to camp near the finger dunes, they should not block access to the top of the dune where most people ride. It is an open riding area after all.

Therein lies the problem. The lack of respect for the other riders in the open area. :thumb:

There are too many times that I can count where I couldn't "cruise" the top of the finger back to my camp because camps on both sides completely coned it off to the top. At that point I'm left with having to abort and drive down one side or the other......and unfortunately end up in someone's camp looking like this ---> :beercheers:

Therein lies the problem. The lack of respect for the other riders in the open area. :thumb:

There are too many times that I can count where I couldn't "cruise" the top of the finger back to my camp because camps on both sides completely coned it off to the top. At that point I'm left with having to abort and drive down one side or the other......and unfortunately end up in someone's camp looking like this ---> :thumb:

Yep! been there. Unfourtunaly, these are the same a$$hat the block of the fingers but also take up 100 sq. yards in front of their camp also :beercheers: We can piss and moan about this for hours, but it is still going to happen and there is really nothing any of us can do about. Deal with it! Have a good time and if there is something that is causing a hazard, tell the LEO's. He!! I don't know.

:thumb::drinkbeer::drinkbeer:

Therein lies the problem. The lack of respect for the other riders in the open area. :beercheers:

There are too many times that I can count where I couldn't "cruise" the top of the finger back to my camp because camps on both sides completely coned it off to the top. At that point I'm left with having to abort and drive down one side or the other......and unfortunately end up in someone's camp looking like this ---> :drinkbeer:

That's what I look like most of the time!!!! :thumb:

There are too many times that I can count where I couldn't "cruise" the top of the finger back to my camp because camps on both sides completely coned it off to the top.

I agree. This is the heart of the issue. However, where there is clearly open access to the top of the dune, and someone takes it upon themselves to tear down the tape, then they are as much a part of the problem as those who are on the other side blocking the access. The lack of respect shown on both sides only leads to more lack of respect.

I also do not believe legislating the behavior is the right answer. This is a nuisance issue. The more rules we pass on nuisance issues, and not substantive issues, just become more of a distraction that the LEO's have to deal with. They should be focusing on the real dangerous issues like DUI, open containers, reckless riding around camps, firebombs and people who leave their trash behind.

Just my 2cents.