Anybody else have this problem or concern about Dumont rules

same old story. the leos are lazy and dont want to do their job. they are peace officers and can do about what they want. liability-are you kidding?? they dont have to pursue the car, just note it down(most cars have a certain marking etc) and ticket when they find or catch it. they have the power to arrest drivers and impound cars are their whim if they feel they are endangering the public with reckless driving etc. giving tickets for whips, riding double and all the little crap is just that-crap. there is really no reason for them even being there since they do nothing to keep the public safe. they are a waste of time. we need some real leos that will keep the dunes safe by showing some balls and get with the program. lets start impounding some cars and arresting the drivers-and yes that is within their powers. the laws are there whether its at the dunes or on I-15-there is no difference. they just have to be enforced. I ride my motorcyle over 100mph knowing that I will be arrested and my bike impounded if I am caught. THE LAWS ARE THERE-JUST USE THEM. Lets get rid of these bad apples so we can regain dumont for the real family off-roaders. ok, Im done. no more to be said.

Sorry I disagree, blaming the LEO's is just wrong period, they are not the ones camp racing,leaving trash, drinking, burning pallets, shooting fireworks. I think it foolish at best to say it is the leos fault, they are there, doing the job they are paid to do (and risking their own lives and possibly others). Giving tickets for people who break the rules is one of their jobs regardless of it being big or little. they also let people slide once in awhile. How many people did you see doing something against the rules this weekend and did you wish that you could give them a ticket? I saw some guy dragging 3 pallets with his truck thru the rows of people at the base of comp, I was pissed and hoped that he got a ticket. All the leos can do is enforce what rules that they can, and try to be as safe as they can be and do the best to protect the public. I wondeer if you spent a weekend riding with the leos you might look at things differently.

Edited by Kens Colors

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I disagree, blaming the LEO's is just wrong period, they are not the ones camp racing,leaving trash, drinking, burning pallets, shooting fireworks. I think it foolish at best to say it is the leos fault, they are there, doing the job they are paid to do (and risking their own lives and possibly others). . I wondeer if you spent a weekend riding with the leos you might look at things differently.

I am in the wrong field I guess. Getting paid to camp, race at the drags and drive film crews around Dumont sounds awesome. I think I will apply for thier job. Since they seem to be giving rides now I think I will leave my gas and rhino at home and use the tax payers money to have fun at Dumont

I have been known (in my younger days) to carry a Crossman 760 BB gun. I've also been known to put a bb in somebody's back. Just the people who ride crazy fast and close to my daughter and my camp. The riders never seem to come back and ask what happend. They always seem to slow down...........

Is it wrong? YES! But guess what? they seem never to come back by so fast the next time.

I have been known (in my younger days) to carry a Crossman 760 BB gun. I've also been known to put a bb in somebody's back. Just the people who ride crazy fast and close to my daughter and my camp. The riders never seem to come back and ask what happend. They always seem to slow down...........

Is it wrong? YES! But guess what? they seem never to come back by so fast the next time.

One of these days one will.....and possibly shoot back or press charges.

I agree with most of the statements here just not about staking the finger dunes. To me this is the easy one if you dont want the risk of being impaled by rebar dont ride on the fingers on the big weekends its that simple. Im sorry but if you are riding that out of control and reckless what is going to happen when you run over a child. Sorry but I think the kids desirve a little more of a chance. Ok enough about that. The whole problem with trash is a big one till we can get it throught these azzhats heads that trash dosnt magicly disapear how about getting some dumpsters out there on the big weekends. I know there has been some problems at glamis with them overflowing at least we could have the trash in one central area for us that really care and pick up other peoples trash. I think we could talk with the vendors about pitching in for some dumpsters(put them by vendor row to draw in customers)and maybey even get some sponors help to cover the cost. There are enough big time companys that we could hit up. I also think the BLM should pitch in on that too. There is a local trash company in Pahrump that I'm sure would help out. Other than that just trying to get the LEO' s to crack down on the DUI's, MIP's and other alcohol related issues Im sure would help greatly.

Ok time to climb down from my podium.

we need some real leos that will keep the dunes safe by showing some balls and get with the program. lets start impounding some cars and arresting the drivers-and yes that is within their powers.

Been there, seen it happen!! Kick-off weekend, after we rolled into a spot at Comp, witnessed a guy's quad being loaded into the back of a leo's truck while another officer was trying to get the drunkass off the ground, in handcuffs, to haul him away, his helmet was still on! Watched the driver of a truck get cuffed and hauled away by CHP just last season. I'm sure there are many, many more we haven't seen!

I still believe the fines/penalties should be stiffer for speeding, littering and generally being a menace to the duning community!

:ban-split:

I wonder if you spent a weekend riding with the leos you might look at things differently.

:banghead: A person can not know what it is really like to do a law enforcement job till they have actually done it. I could say so much more, but words will not change anything. If you care enough to want to get a little understanding then schedule a ride along with a police department and see if that changes your views a little.

:ban-split::pissed:

This isn't news. It used to really get to me, but there isn't much you can do. The leos MAY be able to enforce it a little better, but it is normal activity for a holiday weekend. Ever since we started talking and complaining about it on this board is when it started making me furious when I go out there and see it. I have learned to not let it bug me anymore. When I see it I just shake my head , drink my beer and say "God, I love Dumont" .
I don't mean to be long winded but you cannot depend on the Goverment to fix all the issues it will never happen. We as Duners have to help with this and it takes volunteering and joining in this case FoDD and getting involved.

I am sick of the fix the problems so I can ride but don't bother me with how you do it just do it and leave me alone. That isn't going to happen so GET INVOLVED!

I agree with Dunefreak and ynot.

as an individual, you are wasting your time, and shortening your life with elevated blood pressure and stress.

as a group, we have more potential to make a difference. Maybe a thread could be started to bounce ideas around about what WE, as a group can do to attempt to prevent the actions mentioned above.

Maybe we could talk to the BLM about a sign at the paystation about trash?

I agree with most of the statements here just not about staking the finger dunes. To me this is the easy one if you dont want the risk of being impaled by rebar dont ride on the fingers on the big weekends its that simple. Im sorry but if you are riding that out of control and reckless what is going to happen when you run over a child. Sorry but I think the kids desirve a little more of a chance. Ok enough about that.

Oh boy..... :banghead:

ok let me get this straight? You commit a felony because someone rode to close or to fast to your camp? Thats a little overboard dontcha think?

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP

DONT MEAN TO BE OVER ZEALOUS, jUST GET VERY BOTHERED BY SOMEONE SHOOTING AT ANOTHER PERSON. This is tuff that happens in Compton. Not at Dumont.

Tim....I called him on it and he admitted it was stooopid and doesn't do it anymore. :headbang1:

ok let me get this straight? You commit a felony because someone rode to close or to fast to your camp? Thats a little overboard dontcha think?

ANARCHY ROCKS!

I did not know you cant stake off the fingers. We have always staked off part of a finger for the kids and did not know it wasn't allowed. I am not looking to start crap here but what is the problem with doing that? We have a camp of 4-5 trailers/motorhame with quite a few little ones and just triing to keep em safe. I sure you guys will have some reasons whiy its not allowed...probably stuff I don't know about.

Also what are the meeting you guys are referring to?? Are they something anybody can attend??

ah, duh. because the fingers are for riding too. i have had little ones and have a little grandkid now. talk about keeping the little ones safe, then camp away from the sh*t! jesus christ! its not a damn playground for kids. people actually love to ride the fingers without having to run into kids. jesus f*ckin christ! :stirthepot:

..we camp by the fingers and have never roped them off......Halloween sum1 rode over and wrecked my trailer....will I cone off now?...

YES...(minus rebar 'course)

I'll keep parking there as long as I want....we like it

Edited by sMitty

this an age old debate the finger dunes are in camping area no need to go tearing through there if im not mistaken the speed limit through camping area is 15 mph so why even debate it. and as usuall the leos cant be everywhere . camp racers are still a problem so cones are just sound judgement.

think about it. if someone is haulin a$$ down the finger . like there NOT supposed to do. what will they see first .cones or a single human being flapping his arms.

i am agaisnt reabar totaly .however cones and caution tape will not hurt you and lets you know lil ones are at play.

superdave Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

ah, duh. because the fingers are for riding too. i have had little ones and have a little grandkid now. talk about keeping the little ones safe, then camp away from the sh*t! jesus christ! its not a damn playground for kids. people actually love to ride the fingers without having to run into kids. jesus f*ckin christ!

Does camping away from the fingers really help.. alot of the duners on hear are complaining about people going to fast near their camps on the flats, almost getting run over, dust, near collisions, etc. So because I choose to camp near the fingers (like alot of other people do) it is wrong to let people know there is a camp on the other side? Now don't get me wrong I have already agreed that cones and no type of stake is the right choice and I will follow along with that, but to say put nothing on the finger to identify a camp directly on the other side is silly. And by the way I don't block the finger so that it is not able to be ridden on. The path on the top of the finger is still useable. It is the same idea as having a spotter if you are going to be jumping a dune. You would use a spotter right?????

Also my kids are supervised since I know that is what will be coming next, but you cannot supervise other people barreling into somebody or your camp. We have been fortunate to not have any real accidents out there and hopefully none to come in the future. I just hope everyone finds a way to keep safe. :dunno: