Campfires......and safety!

SandBox_Kid

Over the Vet's weekend at Amargosa I had a little mishap with a very hot fire. I tripped....lost my balance....and actually FELL in the fire.

Luckily I only sustained minor injuries.....a really nicely burnt leg.... :beercheers:

post-475-1195170045_thumb.jpg I have a better pic I'll post when I get home

...a bruised ribcage (from the rocks that made the fire pit) and a jammed shoulder.

I was actually considering changing my screen name until this happened. The ironic part was that I burned my leg on a pole that was well on it's way burning in the fire. :beercheers: You can see the squares from the alligator skin the wood gets when it's been burning for a while. The doc said I did a good job cleaning it up and thank God all my friends had plenty of burn gel! This happened Sat night and I managed to stay at the dunes until my trip ended on Monday.

I thought I would post it to add some comedy and relieve some of the other things folks are posting about ....well you'd know if you have been around for a while.

I'm healthy and have a good sense of humor, so let the fun begin....the best ones I have heard so far are:

1. I fought the log and the log won! :beer_bang: (Bobby Fuller)

2. I burned, burned, burned in the ring of fire. (Johnny Cash)

"Fight fire with fire"------Metalica :DDRrocks:

Hey G,

I almost fell into the fire at Wingnut's bachelor party like four times. :lol:

I was so :grin: from painterjoe's mixed drink and inhailin' a whole cigar. :laughoff:

I said "Eff this, I'm out!" just in time.

I wasn't burnt in the morning, but I did feel like I got ran over by Babert's truck or some chit like dat.

All I'm sayin' is 'Neosporin' and of course ice cold BEER. :lol:

Heal up bud. :dunno:

R-

"Fight fire with fire"------Metalica :DDRrocks:

Hey G,

I almost fell into the fire at Wingnut's bachelor party like four times. :lol:

I was so :lol: from painterjoe's mixed drink and inhailin' a whole cigar. :laughoff:

I said "Eff this, I'm out!" just in time.

I wasn't burnt in the morning, but I did feel like I got ran over by Babert's truck or some chit like dat.

All I'm sayin' is 'Neosporin' and of course ice cold BEER. :lol:

Heal up bud. :dunno:

R-

Holy sh*t Randy....I forgot about that.....That whole night you were walking around like the ground had a 20% grade!!! :lol::grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the dr yesterday feeling like things were healing good because of the serious amount of itching that was going on. I have been taking extreme care when tending to this injury because I fear infection. Well the look on his face was not good. Looks like I'm off to a wound care center now. :laughoff:

It looks like the hair folicles are pushing out of the wound.....around 1/8" at this point, and are very hard!

Looks just like a strawberry doesn't it.......

post-475-1196189021_thumb.jpg