Ride Now

TheAlaskan

Desert Only Yamaha was bought by the AZ group in Aug/Sep of 2000.

They do own all of the OEM's for Japanese EXCEPT Carters and Nevada Suzuki (GREAT place)

The monpoly law doesnt apply because the Ride Now group puts each dealer in one of the other owners names.

They own most of the shops in Phoenix, and started out basically because they owned alot of auto dealers and wanted to branch out to motorcycles as well, so yes, really they are car dealers.

They accumulate dealers not by service, but by buying them for 4 times what theyre worth and taking over cities.

This explains why you get hounded by all the salesmen when you walk into those stores! It's like being at a car dealership! Yuck! :argue:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be the parts manager YEARS ago at Carters (when it was old Desert Motorsports on Trop) , and I'll say honestly, they really are a great bunch of folks there, especially Dan the Parts Manager now, and Rich and Sal the sales managers, all really good guys.

Nevada Suzuki has Tom, one of the nicest and knowledgable guys around on dem der Zukes, and carries more parts in stock for them than any other dealer I've seen.

Yeah I bought my 08 LTR from Carter. Got them down on price too! I could have saved $600 more if I went down to LA, but I figured it was worth it to me to stay in town. (Fuel there and back plus meals would have easily been $250) So I guess I only spent about $350 more staying in town. Good people to work with. Go see Ryan, my salesman, he was a very cool guy. Also when you buy a bike or quad from them you get 10% off accessories for 3 months. There prices are actually very reasonable compared to other places too.

• 10 months later...

RideNow on Boulder just plain sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!Bought a scrambler 500 for the wife there with extended warranty, two rides later rear shock starts rubbing the frame/engine mount. took it in for service and "OH MY GOD" what a bunch of IDIOTS. Ever have your bike brought around for you on a fork lift? Lost the keys for two hours first time. Lost the key for good the second time. Was told they would order a new lock with two new keys, a week later, nothing! Finally a locksmith was called and $124.00 later, only one key fit. Did my bike get fixed? after two weeks NO!!! and for all the complaining I did about the MORONS in service, I got a special going away prize of having my front plastic screws overtorqued and the plastic busted in 5 places. This store Manager (Paul) is a trip, and can explain any problem you might have with anything you purchase there by simply stating "it is a wear item". Stay away, because be it parts, new bike, or service, you will eventually feel the same unbelievable disapointment I found. If you go into this place, be afraid, be very, very afraid!

My husband and I delt with World befor it went to Ride now. They had his quad for 3 moths cuz they couldnt fix it right. Gave them a second chance when i got my Rhino, went to the Bolder location and was treated horrible! They saw my credit and just wanted to make a sale right then and there, didnt listen to a word I said! Left and got my Rhino at Extreme on Gibson. Ride now are like a virus taking over all the good shops in town. I would rather go out of state if I have to rather then deal with them.

Has anyone been to the new Ride Now dealer on Boulder Hwy? I stopped in there today and was rather dissapointed. They had a ton of bikes/quads inside but not a whole lot of gear or parts. The whole place just seemed kinda empty.

:think: If everyone agrees, that has posted, I wil send a link of this thread to corporate headquarters for Ride Now and they can see what we Las Vegas people think of their new store. Any intelligent business people, would respond!!!!! Some times a word, well placed, will improve service and the way they run their business!! I went in there to get some of the plastic (quick screws) connectors for my Rhino and they said they would have to order them. Aren't they a Rhino dealer????????? What do you think? I know. if I were still managing a business. I would love to hear information like this!!!!!! If they respond properly, we both win!

what alot of people dont know is that they own 49% of Sportsman on Boulder too.

many years ago i worked for Red Carpet Honda Kawasaki, and then Ride now then called AZ Motorsports group, bought them out, they took good care of us, then i got moved to Las Vegas Motorsports and opened that, I was the assistant parts manager at Red Carpet, and at LVM. i got screwed on alot of checks after that, and they never wanted to take care of customers that wanted to be loyal. I left and went to work for DoD Police for 6 years and then went on to work for Sports West then Ride Now bought them out as well..changed everything, and STILL didnt want to take care of customers. i brought in alot of DDR peeps, but they still wanted to screw them all over. Well they are about the all mighty dollar not the repeat customers!

what alot of people dont know is that they own 49% of Sportsman on Boulder too.

many years ago i worked for Red Carpet Honda Kawasaki, and then Ride now then called AZ Motorsports group, bought them out, they took good care of us, then i got moved to Las Vegas Motorsports and opened that, I was the assistant parts manager at Red Carpet, and at LVM. i got screwed on alot of checks after that, and they never wanted to take care of customers that wanted to be loyal. I left and went to work for DoD Police for 6 years and then went on to work for Sports West then Ride Now bought them out as well..changed everything, and STILL didnt want to take care of customers. i brought in alot of DDR peeps, but they still wanted to screw them all over. Well they are about the all mighty dollar not the repeat customers!

I worked for paul karess at red carpet & quit a year before they got bought out ! i knew they were from az and all the corporate bs they were going to be bringing in :offtopic: .

:offtopic: If everyone agrees, that has posted, I wil send a link of this thread to corporate headquarters for Ride Now and they can see what we Las Vegas people think of their new store. Any intelligent business people, would respond!!!!! Some times a word, well placed, will improve service and the way they run their business!! I went in there to get some of the plastic (quick screws) connectors for my Rhino and they said they would have to order them. Aren't they a Rhino dealer????????? What do you think? I know. if I were still managing a business. I would love to hear information like this!!!!!! If they respond properly, we both win!

They do not care period.

One of the service writers at work is dealing with corporate right now and they just laugh at him.

It will be a waste of time.

But I was thinking of giving the link to him for his court case.

Ride Now on boulder sucks major d*ck. Just last week a good friend of mine took his rhino there to get it fixed. His unit has 45 hrs on it, he bought the "warranty" package they f'n hose you on in the 1st place, his motor bent the rod and jacked the wrist pin.(pretty typical problem alot of peeps are having) 1st thing they do is pull the dipstick, it's low and say theres no oil so no warranty, then the a$$hat proceeds to tell my buddy it's about 2qts low (this is the service dept) hey dipshit the rhino only holds 2.1 qts so he looked at it with his wife and the ride now rep, and checks the oil in front of everybody, and it's over halfway on the dipstick in the "safe" zone of the dipstick, what my bud had been doin is scewing it back in to check so it was a little low not 2 qts. So they already tell him no warrant, but my bud tells them check your service records, this machine has 45hrs, and YOU have serviced it 3 times!!! over and beyond factory reccomendations. Ok well lets take a look at it, sign a waiver for 300$ and we have to pull the engine to diagnose, he gets a call the next day and they tell him to pretty much eat chit, so he goes down there and fights about it with him, they only pulled the head and jug off, and want there 300$ and an additional 1800 to fix this unit.so is it cheaper cause you only pulled off the top end? no!!! So he asks for the manager, and the GM tells him it's due to having no oil, and my bud tells this guy that everyone was standing here when he pulled the dipstick and saw what was in it for oil it was just fine. think the guys who saw spoke up, F-NO my bro asks ok show me the oil you pulled from my machine, and they brought out this black sludge from there barrels, and right away my bud says there is no way that is my oil you guys were here when we checked it, oh no this is yours he tells them how is that mine when you did 3 services in 45 hrs?? did you not do the job you were paid to do on the oil change then?? Meantime we he had a friend that checks his oil the same way and they tested how much oil to bring it to full without screwing the dipstick in it's 6OZ. So need less to say they are throwing out his claim and bending him over, he demanded to see the warranty manager and they will not let him see the warranty manager unless he pays 150$????WTF!!!! thats how much they said they charge for a 1 on 1 meeting with the warranty manger can you F'n believe that, i have never heard of such a thing. make a real long story short we are doing the motor ourselves and upgrading the piston, crank, rod ect for under a G. These guys need to have there teeth kicked in IMO. I am pretty sure he will take some action against them maybe channel 3 or something in the meantime don't waste your money at a dealership that tries to screw it's customer that keep there doors open. I will ot and any friends of mine will not spend a cent in a ride now store, and i will do everything i possibly can to see that these a$$hats go outta buisness. I am thinking about sticking some very large sign on the side of all my work trucks and trailer and parking about 5 trucks and trailers in front of there stores with some nice signs on them warning any new potential customers of the way ride now on boulder handles it's customers AFTER they spend there hard earned money on a toy for their family.

the real problem is NEW customers they dont know any better. they want a quad or rhino they end up in a ride now stealership. they get told they are the only game in town buy something only to find out they paid way too much and every contact they have for service (under the service contract they were pressured into buying for once more way too much $) is a bad one. by the time they understand they are posting up here saying "has anyone had problems with ride now?"

not much you can do about it besides word of mouth and file better business complaints.

Has anyone been to the new Ride Now dealer on Boulder Hwy? I stopped in there today and was rather dissapointed. They had a ton of bikes/quads inside but not a whole lot of gear or parts. The whole place just seemed kinda empty.

yeah ridenow is a big disapointment anyways they like to screw you in the end so i would find a new place to go i use a place called FCS motorsports on north Rancho they are really cool peeps and really good deals on stuff so check it out you might like

• 2 weeks later...

i went to ride now on boulder/russell the day after thanksgiving (black friday) to view the new yfz450r. they had one that "they just got that day" but it was the LE red/white version, and i wanted the blue version. they wanted $8599 for the quad (msrp $7999) because it's "the very first one in vegas", $10,699 OTD. i told them i'd wait for the second one.

they called me back in there because they had a blue one now. i went there today and they had a blue one, and a white/red one (probably the same one from last month that they claimed "wouldn't last through the weekend") and asked them how much OTD.. $8599 for the quad, $10,699 OTD!

i left the building. the finance guy screamed "walk" as i crossed the parking lot to enter my truck and leave. sad thing is, some sucker will pay it because they initially didn't want to tell me any price breakdown, just a monthly payment amount.

i went to ride now on boulder/russell the day after thanksgiving (black friday) to view the new yfz450r. they had one that "they just got that day" but it was the LE red/white version, and i wanted the blue version. they wanted $8599 for the quad (msrp $7999) because it's "the very first one in vegas", $10,699 OTD. i told them i'd wait for the second one.

they called me back in there because they had a blue one now. i went there today and they had a blue one, and a white/red one (probably the same one from last month that they claimed "wouldn't last through the weekend") and asked them how much OTD.. $8599 for the quad, $10,699 OTD!

i left the building. the finance guy screamed "walk" as i crossed the parking lot to enter my truck and leave. sad thing is, some sucker will pay it because they initially didn't want to tell me any price breakdown, just a monthly payment amount.

HA! Sounds EXACTLY like when I bought my Grizzly. Probably the same arrogant finance guy too. :thumb: He talks chit to customers and treats them like they don't need the sale.

He told you to "walk" huh? Unbelievable. :laughoff::dope: I really doubt, even how big that company is, that they will be in business within the next 5 years. Eventually everyone in town will be burned by them and they will have nothing to survive off of. :flipoff::idiot:

actually, as i was leaving he stated "i'm not gonna chase you." apparently he did chase me atleast to the door to yell "walk" heh.

L.A. Yamaha is selling them for $7500 OTD from what i read on YFZcentral from someone who purchased one from them. that's $500 less than MSRP. i don't mind doing the right thing and paying taxes and supporting local businesses, but $2700 over msrp is silly!

ok,

This is how it is for me,

I buy all my hondas and kawi's from brett on boulder

I buy all my yamahas and polaris's from mark on craig

I buy all my joyners from jim, dirt addictions

I buy all my dirt bike parts and gear from sams

I buy all my quad parts and gear from atv cycle sports

i buy all my buggy parts from butch's speed

I buy all my car trailers from carson, loren or his wife

I buy all my enclosed trailers from big bubba's

I buy all my propane from funnys on rancho (he has a busa car)

I buy all my gas from the rebel on craig and the 95

I buy all my tacos from jack, 2 for 99 cents

I buy all my burritos from dell taco

:laughoff::idiot::dope::pics:

usually with ride now its seems to be like ehh ok what i would seem to see from a franchise store nothing special from any certain company just generic parts from every company and only a certain amount

people seemed OK but im young too so maybe i let a little more slide than most?

buuuut

went to BUTCH'S SPEED SHOP last week(thursday i think) to get racing fuel for the subie for glamis NYE :flipoff: and met butch and everyone there seemed very cool and as far as buggy parts they had anything you could need in the store minus a block on display.

ahh gordons well, NYE, and a new buggy :thumb:

Maybe the problem is the big cheeses run the stores as if people have to buy a motorcycle .They need to start running thier stores as a liesure company .I can't believe the sales staff act the way they do (telling someone to walk :flipoff: ) . I would have fired his a$$ for that. Man i miss the old days when dealerships cared to see customers come back . HONDA OF LAS VEGAS - TRICKLE DAYS ,RED CARPET KAWASAKI HONDA . Carter seems to be ok good thing there still family owned . :thumb: