Sand proof goggles?

aceisback

I have tried Oakley, Smith, Spy, and a host of other MX goggles with no luck on really keeping out the sand and dust. Especially heading out from wash road to the big stuff at Glamis. That damn talcum powder crap is impossible to keep out. I'm usually the tail end of the group because somehow I've been deemed the responsible one, but even when leading and the wind has picked up I still get crap in my eyes. I've grown tired of it.

So , what do you guys do to your goggles, foam, etc, to keep your eyes protected? There has to be some type of RedNeck engineering that works. Supposedly the closed cell foam on the Oakley Crowbar series does the trick but before I lay out $60 on a set I need to hear from those that have used them that they actually work. :lol:

The only issue I have is when it is hot out they sometimes fog up becuase they seal TOO good.]

Pete -

Go down to Sports Chalet and pick-up Divers Mask Anti-Fog. Spray it on, wash it off, dry with towel, and your good to go for the day. :laughoff:

or you can just spit :lol: in it, rub it around and rinse it off, that works for a while too - diver trick, but depends on what you had for lunch.

i havent tried the Oakley Sand goggles yet however my ProGrip's are working great so far this season.. no real complaints yet.. Every now and again ill get a little grain or too after a HUUUGGGEEEE sand blast from some other 2 wheelers but for the most part they work great.

I have progrips and they let some sand in but were great for the automatic lightening/dark of the lenses. However I bought the Oakley Sand goggles and the difference is fantastic for keeping the sand out. I only wear the Pro grips on a dusk time ride so I can see better and try to lead so I don't get blasted! :ninja:

it dont matter what type of goggles u get...if u get blasted hard enough sand will always get through

ive had my smiths for 6 years...yeah i know time for new ones...and its got a HUUUGGGEEE SCRATCH across the center

but i been tryin out other peoples goggles as well

i just bought some oneals a couple months ago...should be arriving any day now :ninja:

but every now and then when i hit a jump theres some hidden sand in my goggles that float up into my eyes

i look into em and i cant find it

theres one person i know that never gets sand in his eyes when hes drivin his buggy

its a full on helmet with visor and cloth goin down the neck with an air hose attachment :kart:

truth is...all of em will let in sand

but some work better than others

so do some lookin around...check out the reviews :thumb:

go into a cycle store and try some on

and sometimes the most expensive ones arent the best

:rant_on: DO NOT GET THE SMITHS!!! :DDRrocks:

We have a couple of pair of Oakley sand goggles and they work great! Only $35, or experiment like I did. Get craft foam, cut to fit your old gogles and glue. Cost, less than a buck. You can always buy new lenses for most frames too. I finally decided to get an extra pair of goggles one for day lenses and one for night lenses. What a set up.

I have had excellent luck with the Oakley Sand Goggles. They work great. The only issue I have is when it is hot out they sometimes fog up becuase they seal TOO good. :laughoff: They use neoprene instead of foam to seal out the sand.

http://www.duneguide.com/ProductReview_oakley_goggles.htm ;)

:duniemonkie::duniemonkie:

I have 4 pairs of these.......2 for the rhino and 2 for helmets..... the best pair of goggles I've ever owned...

A little high priced but a good investment!!!! :duniemonkie::duniemonkie::duniemonkie:

I have progrips and they let some sand in but were great for the automatic lightening/dark of the lenses. However I bought the Oakley Sand goggles and the difference is fantastic for keeping the sand out. I only wear the Pro grips on a dusk time ride so I can see better and try to lead so I don't get blasted! :laughoff:

Im not sure if they are called progrips.. But at Prowlers (my local sand shop) they sell goggles that are slef tinting... and sealed/antifog..

are there other companies out there?

I'll go over monday and find out what they are..

They are about 45/50$

The owner says they work killer