ropin off the dunes

motoxman30

To be honest, I dont care for anyone camping within 100yds of any dunes out there, even the finger dunes. I see thier roped off areas though and just dont ride near them. As far as all of the problems you guys seem to have with other people, maybe its because you camp near the finger dunes. I noticed it was really crowded over there, with sometimes not even enough room between circles to ride through on my bike. The far left, near bathroom 9 is a whole lot better, and while it takes a bit longer to get to the dunes, having some peace and quiet and space is more important to me. Just my $.02

That is EXACTLY the reason we camp out that direction also!! :headbang1:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that the metal stakes are very dangerous... No explaination needed on that topic...

AS for roping the dunes off...I do it to keep the kids from getting ran over (still have mofo's comming into our camp even with caution tape)

keep your cones in your trailer and after i run through the middle of your camp 3 or 4 times then we will see what ppl think.

we had 8 trailers in our camp and if ya dont rope off and area some ppl dont understand personal space and space between trailers. we had our usaul 5 acre plus site coned off and still had mofos park next to our camp (figure that lol)

let me know where you guys camp next time and im going to roll right up in your camp and start unloading and see if you ask me whats up :headbang1: wtf man anyone know this guy...then youll be like o you fk&r you should have put thos fuggin cones up hahahah

Im done

Capt

umm did u read the topic title

it said ropin off the dunes :headbang1:

i could care less if u rope off ur camp within 10-15 feet but if u decide u need another hundred yards that grinds my gears

and u gotta park ur trailers in a circle...its not like glamis where u park off the road in a line...it dont work like that.

and o yeah people dont ride through camps on purpose so dont be an :isbb: and do that $H!+

i feel embarassed whenever i ride through someones camp but every now and then ill get lost at night

we see people ridin through our camp every now and then...they dont go blastin trough just cruise so we just turn our heads and say o well...it could happen to anyone or they come through thinkin its their friends camp...no harm no foul...they arent kickin up dust

anyone who ropes off dunes for their kids to climb on is just careless and should have had an abortion...u should be watching ur kids...that is ur job until they are old enough to take care of themselves...u are depdending on a thin piece of plastic to keep riders from having ur little kids injured or killed

u watch ur kids and show them the ropes u wont have problems but it seems to me that u think ropin off the dunes gives u the opportunity to chill with friends without payin any attention to ur kids

get some common sense...think before u say :headbang1::isbb:

Edited by motoxman30

its so funy that so many run into different situations on the same strip of dirt. there has been in the last 3 years. 1 death and sevral injuries to children on the finger dunes.Most recently a buggy was totaled ( nobody hurt) why?? cause of people running the finger like its part of the dunes. ITS NOT !!! it's camping area. ffs how hard is that to figure out?? now because of this people cone off area for the kids to ride. Which by the way most are well under camp speed limit requirements.

i always camp in the same area. alot of people know me ,know where to find me. i always seem to find a way over the finger dune to the other side and get to comp, and out to the dunes. somtimes i have to go a hundred feet somtimes 2 hundred feet but i always find an alley to slip down.

while i am TOTALY AGAINST steal stakes. im not against parents protecting the children from people who cant seem to understand that it isnt safe to dune that area due to the camping area.

i do not agree with the parents that rope it off right to the edge and leave a small road on top i think there being a lil bit uncaring of there fellow duner. but what there doing has lil or no potential to kill someone. The cones are not even a garuntee that the kids are safe.

and yes it does infringe on rights of some cause we all do not own the dunes. I have been screwed a couple of times trying to avoid roped areas.However the way i see it . i would much rather get stuck, or have to go out of my way ,then to ever run over a child.

personally i do not rope off any of the finger dune. and i try very hard to make sure my kids are being aware. and when my 5 year old starts riding i might cone a small portion of the base of the finger for her protection.

camp racing is out of control imo i was almost hit new years by a quad and the he turned and roosted me for getting in his way. i chased his a$$ down and after douching him with 600 hp of love from my back tires i promptly drove up to him and got in his face. the only answer this genius could come up with as to why he was camp racing was to say "dude everybody does it "

the worst part is he isnt a minority on this school of thought hes an effin majority in this scool of thought.

so, you could be a conciences duner and your being inconveinienced or you could be a camp racer. or you could be one of the ones that feel the finger dune is legitamite riding area. i dont know. but to rip down the cones when a guy is just tryin to protect his kids. i do not agree. and yes he may have been a bit rude about it ( taking to much area) . if he was using stakes report it . sneak up there and move his cones down to allow movement on top .

i would agree with you on that. What if one of his kids got ran over by a camp racer cause you took his cones down ?? you would feel sick inside.

thats why i dont agree......................... :headbang1:

it said ropin off the dunes :isbb:

i could care less if u rope off ur camp within 10-15 feet but if u decide u need another hundred yards that grinds my gears

and u gotta park ur trailers in a circle...its not like glamis where u park off the road in a line...it dont work like that.

and o yeah people dont ride through camps on purpose so dont be an :isbb: and do that $H!+

i feel embarassed whenever i ride through someones camp but every now and then ill get lost at night

we see people ridin through our camp every now and then...they dont go blastin trough just cruise so we just turn our heads and say o well...it could happen to anyone or they come through thinkin its their friends camp...no harm no foul...they arent kickin up dust

anyone who ropes off dunes for their kids to climb on is just careless and should have had an abortion...u should be watching ur kids...that is ur job until they are old enough to take care of themselves...u are depdending on a thin piece of plastic to keep riders from having ur little kids injured or killed

u watch ur kids and show them the ropes u wont have problems but it seems to me that u think ropin off the dunes gives u the opportunity to chill with friends without payin any attention to ur kids

get some common sense...think before u say :headbang1::lol:

watch your kids watch your kids wtf ???

what does that have to do with camp racers running over the top lhaulin a$$ . tell me how thats going to protect my kids so i can put on the police report ya i saw the whole thing ??? try this ride in the f*cking dunes !!!! and nobody would need cones . this post is completly and totaly assanine. the kids are learning to ride. the camp racers are the ones that do the hitting and the killing genius. watch our kids thats NOT what the cones are for. its for the the dumb fks that think haulin a$$ on the finger is cool.

your line of thinking is exactly why people need to cone up.

watch your kids omfg :headbang1:

get some common sense...think before u say

read your own quote and remember every time you point your finger theres 4 pointed back at you. actually 6 ,heres 2 more for such a stupid post :headbang1:

Edited by barefoot bob

Wow. It's been a while since we've seen a bunch of men get their panties in a wad over an internet discussion. As a matter of fact this discussion is about roping off the dunes......not camp racing. :headbang1:

Just agree to disagree.... :headbang1:

....and if anyone wants to pull up in the middle of my camp and set up....go for it....I hope you like death metal till 3am each and every day!!! :headbang1:

Wow. It's been a while since we've seen a bunch of men get their panties in a wad over an internet discussion. As a matter of fact this discussion is about roping off the dunes......not camp racing. :headbang1:

Just agree to disagree.... :headbang1:

....and if anyone wants to pull up in the middle of my camp and set up....go for it....I hope you like death metal till 3am each and every day!!! :headbang1:

they are one and the same the camp racers are the very reason for cones on the fingers. cause and effect.

kids ran over, kids killed, buggies totaled. ya camp racin on the finger dunes.

and of course other than that is the "its my right to dune the fingers" groupe

fyi for those who cant comprehend why the cones are there............

and i tried to not get into this again. but someones always got to ask why.

and the "watch your kids" statement fried my a$$. its not the kids its the idots that cant realise that the fingers are in camp area and are killing and hurting people.

they are one and the same the camp racers are the very reason for cones on the fingers. cause and effect.

kids ran over, kids killed, buggies totaled. ya camp racin on the finger dunes.

and of course other than that is the "its my right to dune the fingers" groupe

fyi for those who cant comprehend why the cones are there............

and i tried to not get into this again. but someones always got to ask why.

and the "watch your kids" statement fried my a$$. its not the kids its the idots that cant realise that the fingers are in camp area and are killing and hurting people.

I understand bob....but it's just the internet. Fugg it. Have a coke and smile bud. :headbang1:

I agree the camp racing is outta hand....and it's not just on the fingers. I had 2 close calls with idiots that weren't paying attention at all. Both on the flats cruising back to camp. I even ran my HID's to ensure I could be seen. Thank God the last guy ate $hit before getting close enough. :headbang1:

it said ropin off the dunes :blink:

and o yeah people dont ride through camps on purpose so dont be an :booty: and do that $H!+

get some common sense...think before u say :blink::slap:

Ok I would call you RETARDED but I think that is giving you to much credit. I rope off part of the finger in some cases when we camp out there. The reason we do is a cautionary issue and for safety. We had ppl drive through our camp even with caution tape. Accidental? yes....SAFE?....NO. Dont be such an a$$ to assume I dont watch my kids! As I remember there have been many times that a parent was there when there kid was hurt!! The good thing is my Camp is I have taught them to watch for YOUR ABORTED KIDS as they try and ride there little yellow BUS quads with the flashing lights!!! I would rather try and be safe then sorry later...

Would be a sad day for anyone to have to deal with 1 of there kids getting hurt or even the person that did the hitting .. to deal with the emotional side of it....thank god some ppl use cones or caution tape t warn others of there presence. Thats what its all about...WARNING...on the finger or off the finger. Kinda the same reason you park your trailers in a circle or a horseshoe. Keeps ppl out and every 1 of your toys in after you go to bed... as a cautionary issue.....

You probably dont lock your shiat up either??? but why lock it up? Locks like cones are for a safety measure not a fool proof plan but hey what do I know...I say leave you stuff unlocked and do your DONATION to the community..

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

I think cones portray a false sense of security. The duners see the cones and figure that it's safe to cruise along at a good clip OUTSIDE the cones because the kiddies are inside them. NOT TRUE.

We all just need to keep our genitalia in our trousers until we get away from the campgrounds and into the dunes.

I know, easier said than done...... IMPOSSIBLE for some....

I understand bob....but it's just the internet. Fugg it. Have a coke and smile bud. :blink:

I agree the camp racing is outta hand....and it's not just on the fingers. I had 2 close calls with idiots that weren't paying attention at all. Both on the flats cruising back to camp. I even ran my HID's to ensure I could be seen. Thank God the last guy ate $hit before getting close enough. :blink:

i know, im certainly not arguing with you. and your right its the net fugg it. i just wish people could understand. funny part is i dont even do it i just understand why they do it.lol

think ill just have a coke and a smile and stfu :booty: im over it ...............

i think the finger's are part of the dunes and not part of the camp area. i could be wrong, but hey. and i like riding on them. they offer some unique jumping area's like step up's and long transfer lines. typically the people in the camp dont mind if i ask to ride on them for a little bit, but beyond that, the finger dunes are a good place to start a ride at imo. i dont have a problem with the bottom's on the fingers being tapes off, but at least leave room for 2 quads to safely pass on the top of the dune. i hate having to slide down, then climb back up when the cones could easily be moved 5ft back and everybody would be happy :D

i think the finger's are part of the dunes and not part of the camp area. i could be wrong, but hey. and i like riding on them. they offer some unique jumping area's like step up's and long transfer lines. typically the people in the camp dont mind if i ask to ride on them for a little bit, but beyond that, the finger dunes are a good place to start a ride at imo. i dont have a problem with the bottom's on the fingers being tapes off, but at least leave room for 2 quads to safely pass on the top of the dune. i hate having to slide down, then climb back up when the cones could easily be moved 5ft back and everybody would be happy :D

I'm thinking I need to know what you ride/drive out there so that I can keep an eye out for you.

You obviously don't have kids yet and that's okay. But try to put yourself in a parent's shoes and think of the convenience those fingers offer to them while their kids are learning how to navigate the dunes.

For the record, I have roped off in the past a spot for my kiddies to ride, but I ALWAYS leave the crest open for peeps to ride out to the dunes on. This is just common courtesy.

The fingers are ALWAYS within the camp area and as such, should be driven on like you are on the flats; at VERY slow speeds.

You said it yourself that the fingers are a good place to start a ride. They are also a good place to learn HOW TO ride. ie. kids.

I often see little kids learning how to ride the dunes on the fingers. I respect that. I also use the fingers to get to the dunes, but I do it at 10mph until I am away from the "training hills".

Cut the kiddies some slack and Parents, keep the crests open for navigation to the dunes.

i dont want to start a war here but if ur concerned for ur kids y not park in a more secluded area?

sure u can teach ur kids how to ride on those little fingers but wut are they gonna do run up and down it all day? u cant teach on that kind of stuff...u have to take them to a better place to practice turning and flipping over the dunes.

we have NEVER roped off a dune

i got a 9 year old bro that learned so quickly hes riding a 450 :slap:

its because my dad spent time with him...watched him and showed him the basics

alot of u may be asking where u can teach without a crowd.

there is a little area as far south as u can go for the kids to practice on

they are little dunes and its PERFECT for anyone...no crowd

thats where u learn everything...anyone can go up a hill and turn around like on the dunes u have roped off

in my opinion, the little dunes give u more experience with turns and everything u need to know

think of this as an alternative to ropin off the dunes

spread out a little

ive been to the top of comp hill and looked at all the camps and they are all clustered together

then theres a spot towards the edge where NO ONE parks

sure ud have to drive another quarter mile but thats the cost u pay for the safety.

u wouldnt have to worry about ropin off ur camp or peope driving through....ur kids could even make a track on the flats. :blink:

and if u want them to learn in the dunes take em over to the little ones on the south side

small price for a little more security :booty:

i also think that this cluster of people is causin more people to get lost and go through camps to find their way...theres open circles and i try to take my time findin my way but my clutch cant handle much more stoppin and goin.

on another note...this is to CaptNkllm

i know weve been arguing over this but its ur choice to do wut u want...i cant stop u

and id also like to compliment on ur buggy

i was ridin my dirtbike around lookin for my dad and ur buggy looks similar

we see u and we're like DAYUMN that thing is nice :blink: ...i never thought id actually see someone from ddr out there

i went to the small dunes for the first time on my last trip...i have to tell ya, when i get string cheese a quad for his next birthday, you can bet im loading that baby up in the ranger, and taking it to the small dunes...smaller dunes, better transitions for the little one, less of a crowd, no need to rope of the dunes and inconvenience your fellow duners either

i know weve been arguing over this but its ur choice to do wut u want...i cant stop u

we see u and we're like DAYUMN that thing is nice :blink: ...i never thought id actually see someone from ddr out there

:blink::D

i went to the small dunes for the first time on my last trip...i have to tell ya, when i get string cheese a quad for his next birthday, you can bet im loading that baby up in the ranger, and taking it to the small dunes...smaller dunes, better transitions for the little one, less of a crowd, no need to rope of the dunes and inconvenience your fellow duners either

hahaha string cheese thats perfect

but yeah...u learn alot more there...id have to say its a little harder to ride in the small stuff

i have a dirtbike and it requires more work in maneuvering and throwing ur but around

when ur in the big dunes theres like no shifting required...stick it in 3rd or 4th and u dont have to touch it

we would just sit up on top of the dune at the little dunes and watch as my dad would teach my little bro

he ate it cause he got a lil cocky but learned after that...we got it on video too...hahaha

but yeah its perfect...not many people go there so ur kids wont get run over

no need to rope off dunes out there

:slap::D no argument here.... just a difference of opinion. When you have kids and understand my point then we talk. (under the assumption you dont have kids).

if you can catch up with me say hi and we can go to camp for drinks :blink: and watch the kiddies run the finger lol :booty: :fro_smokin: :dope:

Capt

hahaha string cheese thats perfect

but yeah...u learn alot more there...id have to say its a little harder to ride in the small stuff

i have a dirtbike and it requires more work in maneuvering and throwing ur but around

when ur in the big dunes theres like no shifting required...stick it in 3rd or 4th and u dont have to touch it

we would just sit up on top of the dune at the little dunes and watch as my dad would teach my little bro

he ate it cause he got a lil cocky but learned after that...we got it on video too...hahaha

but yeah its perfect...not many people go there so ur kids wont get run over

no need to rope off dunes out there

Not so true... ask Daniel .. little crowded and he hit a sandrail.

Capt

I'm thinking I need to know what you ride/drive out there so that I can keep an eye out for you.

You obviously don't have kids yet and that's okay. But try to put yourself in a parent's shoes and think of the convenience those fingers offer to them while their kids are learning how to navigate the dunes.

For the record, I have roped off in the past a spot for my kiddies to ride, but I ALWAYS leave the crest open for peeps to ride out to the dunes on. This is just common courtesy.

The fingers are ALWAYS within the camp area and as such, should be driven on like you are on the flats; at VERY slow speeds.

You said it yourself that the fingers are a good place to start a ride. They are also a good place to learn HOW TO ride. ie. kids.

I often see little kids learning how to ride the dunes on the fingers. I respect that. I also use the fingers to get to the dunes, but I do it at 10mph until I am away from the "training hills".

Cut the kiddies some slack and Parents, keep the crests open for navigation to the dunes.

like i said, it doesnt bug me as long as the top of the dune is left open for people to go across. but some people have it taped off all the way to the other side of the hill! thats ridiculous

If the word dune is in the name, then it's a dune. Dunes are for all riders. It's not like you can rope off part of the freeway when you teach your kids to drive.

Hey moto- we have to go on some night rides together :mischevious: :ninja:

Really though, it's already illegal to mark off the dunes and not really being enforced. I personally hope to attend the next Sat. trt meeting to find out why since yelling at each other over the net doesn't get the rules enforced.