ropin off the dunes

motoxman30

If the word dune is in the name, then it's a dune. Dunes are for all riders. It's not like you can rope off part of the freeway when you teach your kids to drive.

Hey moto- we have to go on some night rides together :mischevious: :ninja:

Really though, it's already illegal to mark off the dunes and not really being enforced. I personally hope to attend the next Sat. trt meeting to find out why since yelling at each other over the net doesn't get the rules enforced.

WHOS YELLING OVER THE NET?

Capt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

driving on sidewalks is prohibited too, speeding in neighborhoods is prohibited too,

camp racing is prohibited too so dont forget to bring up why thats not being enforced forcing people to cone up.

as far as going to another spot how bout moving right up to the entrance of comp . that way you wont be hindered by cones. baby dunes are just that. no real transitions to learn and the winners in there pickups love to tear that area up. im happy where im at.....................

i dont even use cones but i see there point it goes back to camp racers and people thinking the fingers are somthing to dune on.....................................

theres only a gazillion places out in the dunes to do that without endangering others

o well.......... back to my coke and a smile....................................... :D

Edited by barefoot bob

Not so true... ask Daniel .. little crowded and he hit a sandrail.

Capt

y would he hit a buggy...thats not very nice

did he go up and smack it hith his hand??

i mean if he was pissed he shoulde slashed the tires cuz hittin the buggy would probably hurt his hand :ninja::headbang1::lol:

HAHAHAHA just messin...thats wierd...when i go there theres usually only like 5 people there

mustve been the timing

and to answer ur question on drinkin....ummm this may be shocking :blury: but im not old enoguh to drink + it doesnt really work for me...i stick to the cream soda and root beer :mischevious:

Hey moto- we have to go on some night rides together

switched over to a crf 450....no lights...of course i could strap one too it but my buddy did that and it messed his fender up

i used to take a yfz 450 through the dunes and over the backside of comp

last time i went for a night ride the moon was full...me and my dad....didnt even need the lights it was so bright...popped over comp hill and sat in the valley

no one there and not a sound

then my dad brings up tremors...WOAH!!!

on the whole ride back im tryin to stay right behind him in case the worm comes up and gets me or mr jeepers creepers decides to have me for dinner :dope: :chug:

too rough these days to be ridin those quads...

im gettin old and my back is startin to get a lil crunchy

i still wanna be ridin when im 50 so i got the 24 inches of travel

driving on sidewalks is prohibited too, speeding in neighborhoods is prohibited too,

camp racing is prohibited too so dont forget to bring up why thats not being enforced forcing people to cone up.

as far as going to another spot how bout moving right up to the entrance of comp . that way you wont be hindered by cones. baby dunes are just that. no real transitions to learn and the winners in there pickups love to tear that area up. im happy where im at.....................

i dont even use cones but i see there point it goes back to camp racers and people thinking the fingers are somthing to dune on.....................................

theres only a gazillion places out in the dunes to do that without endangering others

o well.......... back to my coke and a smile....................................... :D

that cant be true the pickups wont fit in through those little dunes...i know ive tried didnt turn out to good...and the buggies are a lil big so u cant get much speed.

and theres plenty of razor backs...i go over there all the time just cuz i like spinnin the back end around and throwin up sand...theres jumps and little burms and switchbacks...but theyre always changing...there was one time i went there and there was a jump we always went off of....next trip out it had rocks on it

it all depends on when u go

try it out one more time...i should be there on my white honda 450 so seek me out and ill show u the basics :mischevious:

its always good to get back to the basics

but every time ive gone it hasnt been to crowded and the only buggys that were there kinda just cruised through and went towards the big dunes.

that cant be true the pickups wont fit in through those little dunes...i know ive tried didnt turn out to good...and the buggies are a lil big so u cant get much speed.

and theres plenty of razor backs...i go over there all the time just cuz i like spinnin the back end around and throwin up sand...theres jumps and little burms and switchbacks...but theyre always changing...there was one time i went there and there was a jump we always went off of....next trip out it had rocks on it

it all depends on when u go

try it out one more time...i should be there on my white honda 450 so seek me out and ill show u the basics :mischevious:

its always good to get back to the basics

but every time ive gone it hasnt been to crowded and the only buggys that were there kinda just cruised through and went towards the big dunes.

:ninja::headbang1::blury: :chug: :dope::lol::blink::blink::blink:

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

. I personally hope to attend the next Sat. trt meeting to find out why since yelling at each other over the net doesn't get the rules enforced.

..........and then to the slash X for some burgers, beers and some good times with auntie monkie and uncle freak!!!

:mischevious:

Edited by richard cheese

i went to the small dunes for the first time on my last trip...i have to tell ya, when i get string cheese a quad for his next birthday, you can bet im loading that baby up in the ranger, and taking it to the small dunes...smaller dunes, better transitions for the little one, less of a crowd, no need to rope of the dunes and inconvenience your fellow duners either

Did you say string cheese? Ahahahahahahahhaha..too cute!

I know they do it for safety, but one of my favorite places to ride, is on top of the finger dunes on that flat freeway (what it reminds me of). I take it all the way as far as I can, and I do make sure what is on the other side before I come down. I know many put their cones not on top, but down on the side, which I think is ok...it gives the kids a place to get dirty and get sand in their pants. I know stakes are dangerous though...no bueno.

:headbang1::blury: Capt loves to do that so to set the record straight I'm gonna show you my camp LOL

Notice the people on the other side of the hill in the top left corner have fuggin stakes (pissed me off)

and the notice that Capt barely puts one cone just for caution of the many kids in our camp 10ft up the hill no caution tape just a cone.

I have to say with no stakes and the couple cones we had out worked fine of course people came through camp looking for theres however that was a small few if they were going a lil fast I would just give them a lil :mischevious: :ninja: and tell them to slow down and they would no big deal someone was always outside watching the lil ones :D

post-2759-1203543270_thumb.jpg

i went to the small dunes for the first time on my last trip...i have to tell ya, when i get string cheese a quad for his next birthday, you can bet im loading that baby up in the ranger, and taking it to the small dunes...smaller dunes, better transitions for the little one, less of a crowd, no need to rope of the dunes and inconvenience your fellow duners either

That's just it though. These are the days that people wouldn't give someone the time of day let alone worrying about inconvieniencing someone. It's all about me, me, me, me, me, me, me....and :ninja: the rest of you. I don't get it.

If the word dune is in the name, then it's a dune. Dunes are for all riders.

That's as simple as it gets right there. :headbang1: It's a dune....not yours.....not mine.....but OURS.

Where did I find the energy for this topic? :mischevious:

:blury: :chug: Capt loves to do that so to set the record straight I'm gonna show you my camp LOL

Notice the people on the other side of the hill in the top left corner have fuggin stakes (pissed me off)

and the notice that Capt barely puts one cone just for caution of the many kids in our camp 10ft up the hill no caution tape just a cone.

I have to say with no stakes and the couple cones we had out worked fine of course people came through camp looking for theres however that was a small few if they were going a lil fast I would just give them a lil :mischevious: :ninja: and tell them to slow down and they would no big deal someone was always outside watching the lil ones :D

post-2759-1203543270_thumb.jpg

Well HeL L I had them thinking I put cones on top of the finger and i used stakes lol ... now you blew my cover :D

all this time I was arguing for arguments sake haha

:headbang1::dope:

Capt

You guys can pi$$ and moan til your blue in the face :mischevious: and people are still going to rope off their personel 3 acers off. We stack off a small area (if front only) of the Motorhome. Just enough room for the fire pit and the horseshoe pit, and the car. We did an experiment one time and moved the (wooden grade stakes with orange ribbon tied to the top) Hell the wind blows them down. Anyway, we moved them in a little way then out a little way and the F'n quads and bikes STILL hugged them a close as they could. We took them down all together one time and the F'ers rode right through camp.

I still like the guy that parked close to the road that had solar light around his camp.

how bout we settle this

rope off wut is our camp to keep people from gettin in

make a lil drawbridge and moat to let people out and back in...hahaha jkjk

but here it is rope off ur campwithin 10-15 feet of ur rig

no half assin it cause thats how people get lost...

ill be ridin along the caution tape and itll suddenly disappear and then im in the camp...this isnt where i parked my car :dope: ...if ur gonna do it then do it right and make it all the way around with maybe 1-2 entrances/exits

as for the dunes....if u want your kids to play on it grab a six pack and a friend and sit on top of the dune with a flag...everyone will see u unless they are wasted :dope: ...and if that be the case the caution tape would just be the finish line at the end of the race for them :dope:

or even temporarily block them off and then bring em back down when ur done

but if u dont feel like bringin em back down then make sure their out of the way of fellow duners. ive tried runnin over a cone...the cone did more runnin over of me than i did to it.

but like i said...the little dunes are probably the best place to learn

thats where i started and check it out those turns helped

i could zigzag my 90 all the way up comp hill :dope:

how bout we settle this

rope off wut is our camp to keep people from gettin in

make a lil drawbridge and moat to let people out and back in...hahaha jkjk

but here it is rope off ur campwithin 10-15 feet of ur rig

no half assin it cause thats how people get lost...

ill be ridin along the caution tape and itll suddenly disappear and then im in the camp...this isnt where i parked my car :blury: ...if ur gonna do it then do it right and make it all the way around with maybe 1-2 entrances/exits

as for the dunes....if u want your kids to play on it grab a six pack and a friend and sit on top of the dune with a flag...everyone will see u unless they are wasted :wedgie: ...and if that be the case the caution tape would just be the finish line at the end of the race for them :dope:

or even temporarily block them off and then bring em back down when ur done

but if u dont feel like bringin em back down then make sure their out of the way of fellow duners. ive tried runnin over a cone...the cone did more runnin over of me than i did to it.

but like i said...the little dunes are probably the best place to learn

thats where i started and check it out those turns helped

i could zigzag my 90 all the way up comp hill :dope:

LOL

GO TO BED!!! :dope: isnt it past your bed time anyways :laughing::dope::lol:

Capt