Hwy 127 Cluster F**k

dunefreak

Leaving Dumont on Saturday wingnut, ISBB, & I had to deal with these damn fools hogging the road. Seems as though there was some fundraiser/ marathon thing that some poeple were doing right in the middle of the damn highway! :laughing: Each runner had a vehicle to follow them from right in the middle of the lane. :laughoff: They couldn't even get over into the shoulder so people like us w/ big ol trailers and motorhomes could pass when there was oncoming traffic. It was pretty dangerous. There were a couple spots along the highway where groups were gathering chearing these people on. Some of these fools were right in the damn road too! :laughoff: I let em all check out my new Banks exhaust in there face! :laughing::thumbsdown: Black diesel smoke galore!!! :thumbsdown::laughing::laughing: We had to put up w/ these people all the way from the gravel road out of the Dumont exit until the Tecopa turnoff! :laughoff: It was the longest damn ride home ever! :smiley: A semi almost hit my damn toyhualer because one of these fools didn't get over too! :laughoff: uggh

post-3-1144038870_thumb.jpg

here's wingnut trying to get around...

post-3-1144038971_thumb.jpg

haha screw that...me and my dad sawy all the damn lights from camp that night..had to of been alot of fun and why in the heck would you run that far..how long did it take to get home?

The ride to the Tecopa turnoff (which would probably take about 15minutes) took us a good 45 minutes! :laughoff: Every few hundred yards or 1/4 mile or so we had to slow down to about 5-10 miles an hour for what seemed like forever to get around these fools. :angry:

dunefreak,

I can understand you frustration on your trip home. What you ran into was the annual “Baker to Vegas” run. This run involves Fire Departments, Law Enforcement, Military Personnel, and other government agencies throughout the west coast. You’re probably right that they took a lot of space on the Hwy, but they needed to protect the runners.

I hope you can let it go and understand that it only happens once a year. They may have cause you trouble this weekend, but they are the ones that saves our lives and homes when there’s a fire, protect and serve when crime occurs, and keep this country that we live in save.

dunefreak,

I can understand you frustration on your trip home. What you ran into was the annual “Baker to Vegas” run. This run involves Fire Departments, Law Enforcement, Military Personnel, and other government agencies throughout the west coast. You’re probably right that they took a lot of space on the Hwy, but they needed to protect the runners.

I hope you can let it go and understand that it only happens once a year. They may have cause you trouble this weekend, but they are the ones that saves our lives and homes when there’s a fire, protect and serve when crime occurs, and keep this country that we live in save.

Dude, don't get me wrong...I understand and respect these people that are doing it for a cause and all. What bothers me the most is that that they caused such a dangerous situation on the road. Some oncoming traffic didn't even slow down for people trying to get around. The fact that these people were paople that save lives puzzles me. You think of all people they would look out for such dangerous situations. Some of the vehicles left some room or moved over for us, but some just flat out refused us space trying to get by SAFELY. They could have at least driven half on the shoulder, half in the road and it could have been much safer. We could clearly see them from a distance with the signs and flashing lights- they didn't need the whole road to warn us of the runners.

Dude, don't get me wrong...I understand and respect these people that are doing it for a cause and all. What bothers me the most is that that they caused such a dangerous situation on the road. Some oncoming traffic didn't even slow down for people trying to get around. The fact that these people were paople that save lives puzzles me. You think of all people they would look out for such dangerous situations. Some of the vehicles left some room or moved over for us, but some just flat out refused us space trying to get by SAFELY. They could have at least driven half on the shoulder, half in the road and it could have been much safer. We could clearly see them from a distance with the signs and flashing lights- they didn't need the whole road to warn us of the runners.

Point well made. Yes, you think they would know better but all I can say is that they put the runners safety first. Being that I have participated in this run in the past and I still know some of the members that organize it, I'll pass this information on so hopefully they can fix it for next year. This issue will be something that will have to be passed on to the drivers of the support vehicles for the runners.

Point well made. Yes, you think they would know better but all I can say is that they put the runners safety first. Being that I have participated in this run in the past and I still know some of the members that organize it, I'll pass this information on so hopefully they can fix it for next year. This issue will be something that will have to be passed on to the drivers of the support vehicles for the runners.

:laughoff:

How about moving it somewhere other than the effin highway.

That's been talked about since this event started many moons ago. The problem is that the event runs day and night and we never had support vehicles that could go off road the whole way. Plus, would you want to run down a dirt trail at 2 or 3am? We did and still do this event, on our own time. All the people involved are volunteers and they give their time to support this event. If it could be done in a different way or on a different route, they would do it.

It definatly sucked... Ohh well.. but pete wasnt kidding... some of those guys were jerks... Even me cruising at 2-3 mph waiting to see whats on the other side of dunefreak and wignut before making a SAFEpass 3 of these RUNNER's shuttle buss's took it upon themselves to just go flying around me like i was standing still.. Definatley not the brightest idea...

the traffic on tacopa road was pretty crappy as well... Thx wingnut for cutting me off.. The exchange of Friendly hand signals was rather hilarious.. :angry: :laughoff: hahahaha

It definatly sucked... Ohh well.. but pete wasnt kidding... some of those guys were jerks... Even me cruising at 2-3 mph waiting to see whats on the other side of dunefreak and wignut before making a SAFEpass 3 of these RUNNER's shuttle buss's took it upon themselves to just go flying around me like i was standing still.. Definatley not the brightest idea...

the traffic on tacopa road was pretty crappy as well... Thx wingnut for cutting me off.. The exchange of Friendly hand signals was rather hilarious.. :angry: :laughoff: hahahaha

Yeah that made for good times!!! Come on Nick, you've been called number one before!!!!

We headed out at about 4:00pm, and holy crap, these people were a bunch of idiots. I don't know how many times cars pulled out in front of me to do a crazy U-turn, or people hogging the whole damn road and looking at me like I was crazy. The funny thing is, all cops and stuff, but every one of them were breaking every traffic law in the book. They actually stopped CRD450 and his wife and told him the highway was closed. BS is you ask me. :laughoff:

Yeah I got stopped by a highway patrol when we were leaving. He stopped me and asked me what I was doing. Umm...driving home I said. The CHP gives me this stupid look and says don't you know the road is closed. WTF!!! 15 minutes later he lets us drive again. But we didn't just hit it going home, we hit it on the way out too. Our 2 hour trip took us almost 3!!! We rode by the DDR camp about 2pm but nobody was around. I revved up a bit to see if anyone would come out but nothing. We did meet Dreamrr out at comp hill. I guess we will have to meet up next time. Awesome trip though.

HAHAHA!!!!I was wondering if you guys got stuck in that,man i must of lucked out it only took my a half hour to get overthe hill from the gravel road,lmao!!I was so freakin aggrivated.The thing is the people wouldnt move over so we could go..Then some a-hole from the event was slowing everyone down driving 15mph in front of traffic.I didnt mind them running this fund raiser,but atleast get the hell out of the way so we can creep by,it was just rude as hell.another thing is why the hell are they doing this on a 2 lane road?It was extremely dangerous for the runners and every single person driving down that highway.Oh well atleast there would be alot of help when the head on collision occurs. :laughoff:

uh yeah, i got stuck in that BS. the fact that they had a car by every single runner, and not off to the side, right in the damn middle. :laughoff: goin like 2 mph. what a crock, and yeah i got the crazy looks to when i drove on the other side of the road to get around the aholes. fun times, NOT

:angry: :laughoff::grin: Here's the best one, I was at one of those stupid runner checkpoints, traffic the other way was totally stoppedand this lady pulled out in front of me completely blocking oncoming traffic. I gave her the :laughoff: After I got passed that, there were these two guys walking in the middle of my lane, they looked back at me and kept walking in the lane. WTF!! These people were really inconsiderate.

I hit that crap too! Luckly I didn't have my big toy hauler this time! That is just not something I expected coming home from Dumont! Ha! I think the runners were all policeman. All the trucks with numbers had markings like LAPD, LVPD, etc.