Easter Weekend Trip Report

sand chick

AWWWWW!!!!!!!

Rolled in about 7:00 on Friday to the hugest full moon coming up I had ever seen! Freaking camera not in my lap as usual :thumb: so I missed it, but got one later after set up!

Perfect weather! Shorts and tanks in the afternoon and just a sweatshirt and jeans in the evening!

Wind would blow the dunes smooth in the morning and would make for some sweet smooth sand for some after breakfast runs.

Sat had a nice light breeze for most of the day that kept the dust away or down to a minimum.

Not a whole lot of people out, almost felt like an off weekend.

Vender row was pretty full with lots of sale items, the $5.00 and $10.00 boxes are freakin awesome!! Dune wardrobe for next year stocked up! :clap:

Met up with the Capt, Dunelover, Barefoot, and a couple others for a few runs!

Meet N Greet was pretty small as expected, but some did show!

Got to meet Britincali, Tanner, and Eliminator finally! :beat::beercheers:

Britincali and I tried our luck at the Sand~Snake fire stand and did a pretty good job :shocked:

Thanks Tina and Capt for having us over for drinks :bawl: good as always and the burito rocked as usual! :thumb:

Thanks Dirt Princess for the wonderful hospitality! :D

Edited by sand chick

It was my best dune trip EVER, neither of my bike ran well and it was still awsome. I got to see and do some crazy sh*t :clap:

In one day I saw a kid do the wildest jump I ever personally seen, he was at least 30ft in the air and hitting 160-170 foot distance, it was simply unreal :thumb: I watched a guy in a rail do a 360 degree spin out then roll it twice down a dune, I saw 2 F16s light the afterburners about 800ft off camp, I hit a 35 shot on my bike, I got to ride in two of the sickest 4 wheel vehicle Ive ever had the pleasure of strapping myself into (massive thanks malibu and 50cal), I had some of the best :bawl: ever and I got my truck buried over the tow hitch :D

Best trip for me period, to all involved :beercheers:

Edited by britincali

Sounds like it was a great weekend out there. Glad you guys had a good one. :D

BTW, skyz, I moved your post into gen chat since it had nothing to do with Dumont and thats what this section is for. :D It was funny as hell though. :thumb::beercheers:

Sounds like good times!!!! :thumb:

I went for a ride with some friends out of Big Bear on my Xr 650r to the Slash X Bar near Barstow than we rode home that night all offroad.... The full moon was unreal just as "Sand Chick " said!!

Hope everyone had a safe trip home!!

Lets see some pix!!!!

:beercheers:

Just unloaded most of everything and just sat down on the computer...wheeew.

It was a awesome weekend :bawl:

drove in on friday about 2:30, talked to BOB and he blew out 3rd gear and his car was down :clap:

he was happy as a clam and had a great attitude about it :thumb: ...went for a few rides and 1 after dark. Just awesome. Rode the quad on sat and ran into Aaron and Danny...great guys.. I changed some gearing around and went from 53mph to 58 up banshee :shocked::beercheers: but still not fast enough to beat Aarons bike...maybe next time (after she is on a diet). Went to the meet and greet and like steted not a big showing but enough. Great seeing Mike and Jodi :thumb: ... Mike is a great guy and fun to dune with.. did some jumps with him and ran the hills. those jets were awesome as they flew by...tried to get some pics but not sure if i was fast enough.

Saturday after noon took my niece and 2 of her friends on a rail ride....drove about an hour and went over the backside of comp to head back to camp...made it to the flats and there was a little finger i thought i would hit in 3rd gear....welll let me say i almost SHIAT myself....back end hit that transition i went airborn landed partially on my driver front and it rolled forward like that (seemed like forever) back end almost got ahead of me....I said whoooaaaahhhhh as all we could see was the sand (as my a$$ end was straight up and down) and finally the passengers tire hit and the the rear finally came down real hard (thought i broke something) ... all was good and i went badck to camp and had a couple beers lol.

Bob did work on his tranny (not a cole tranny either) and did manage to get 1st 2nd and reverse working...holy hell he is still fast in the dunes with a broken tranny. James (our friend) stayed with us and we had great dune runs( always a pleasure).

big screen on the trailer rocks. Buggy chick and Mike came over and drank sum tainted drinks my wife makes lol :D

all in all a great weekend. O yeah my wife rolled her quad on sat afternoon headover heals and she is pretty banged up.... but ok,.... bike is not bad either.

will post pica later (of what i have anyways)

Capt

Just unloaded most of everything and just sat down on the computer...wheeew.

It was a awesome weekend :shocked:

drove in on friday about 2:30, talked to BOB and he blew out 3rd gear and his car was down :bawl:

he was happy as a clam and had a great attitude about it :beat: ...went for a few rides and 1 after dark. Just awesome. Rode the quad on sat and ran into Aaron and Danny...great guys.. I changed some gearing around and went from 53mph to 58 up banshee :thumb::beercheers: but still not fast enough to beat Aarons bike...maybe next time (after she is on a diet). Went to the meet and greet and like steted not a big showing but enough. Great seeing Mike and Jodi :thumb: ... Mike is a great guy and fun to dune with.. did some jumps with him and ran the hills. those jets were awesome as they flew by...tried to get some pics but not sure if i was fast enough.

Saturday after noon took my niece and 2 of her friends on a rail ride....drove about an hour and went over the backside of comp to head back to camp...made it to the flats and there was a little finger i thought i would hit in 3rd gear....welll let me say i almost SHIAT myself....back end hit that transition i went airborn landed partially on my driver front and it rolled forward like that (seemed like forever) back end almost got ahead of me....I said whoooaaaahhhhh as all we could see was the sand (as my a$$ end was straight up and down) and finally the passengers tire hit and the the rear finally came down real hard (thought i broke something) ... all was good and i went badck to camp and had a couple beers lol.

Bob did work on his tranny (not a cole tranny either) and did manage to get 1st 2nd and reverse working...holy hell he is still fast in the dunes with a broken tranny. James (our friend) stayed with us and we had great dune runs( always a pleasure).

big screen on the trailer rocks. Buggy chick and Mike came over and drank sum tainted drinks my wife makes lol :D

all in all a great weekend. O yeah my wife rolled her quad on sat afternoon headover heals and she is pretty banged up.... but ok,.... bike is not bad either.

will post pica later (of what i have anyways)

Capt

Damn David! We gonna have to start callin you Captairborn from now on? :clap: Glad you pulled off the landing ok.

That sucks Bob broke his trans. :( Glad Tina isn't too hurt.

Thanks Pete, she will be fine just bruised and sore...guess she tried doing what i did in my car...on her bike.

thanks still trying to figure out some things blew head gasket puked water out all day saturday.

HAHAHa Roy when I ran you I was thinking ... well this fuggin bike has gotten slower or he changed something from last time :laughing: .. that thing is fast. Try Kam I think he has an O-ring kit for that that fixes your problem (or veloviraptor) cant rremember which.

Great pics!! Sorry to hear Tina rolled her quad, hope she feels better!

she was a ble to make breakfast sunday ....killer carne asada with egg burrito's mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good. She cracked the dash trim on the bike. Havnt really looked to close yet to see if any other damage. She did say that she was happy that she was the first 1 to break the bike lol usually it is someone else.

It was an awesome weekend for all that missed it. A little warm but doable.

Capt

had a great weekend with the family and had some great racing. Here are a few pics...

post-927-1206331841_thumb.jpg

post-927-1206331878_thumb.jpg

post-927-1206331910_thumb.jpg

post-927-1206331924_thumb.jpg

Hey Roy if you have a bigger size picture of the one of you and I taking off will you PM it to me please.Thats a good one.

ok i had a lil rest ill describe my weekend biitersweet with a great finally to the end of dune season.

1st day there i sat in a lawn chair with fasterdaddy and drank bloody marys all day we did nothing !! and it was awsom.

second day ) we decided to do a family run with a quick stop at comp on the way out ( big mistake) as usual i got hyper. that car just turnes me on !! started jumping out off the lip at comp from the comp side come down in third hit the lip and i was flyin like a bird !! i love it. then came a blown ls6 it looked fast so i stepped up. the first race he tapped his brakes kept rollin and said go. i was dead stopped. i still edged him out for a close win at the top. so i was a lil preturbed that he roll started so i said lets go again. well, he did it again rolled me and said go. i from a dead stop well , this made me mad .i nailed it passed him grabbed third and it jumped in and then jumped out. still excited i jammed it again it said boom !! so i of course i coasted to a dead stop. my shifter was jammed couldnt get any gear. so i rolled to the bottom and the mighty rescue ranger dragged my beast to camp. its only friday morning :( ( i thought well i get what i get) probably should have duned for a while and got settled in before going near that hill.

so capt showed up and i talked with him and went and took a nap i got on the 660 raptor for a ride and it convinced me i better do somthing to my car cause that thing just doesnt cut it. so i had an idea, and it worked !! i got first second and reverse back. it was dark so we started drinking ans left it .

sat morning) we took off and i figured well ill just cruise do slow family rides and hang out in my buggy that lasted ooooo about 2 seconds we hit the dunes behind banshee and it was all over i was out there in second given it hell. malibu and his freind jumped in line and we had a good run. then fasterdaddy didnt want to lead no more so i figured well im the slowest ill lead. so off i go. he he i knew i didnt have any top end for the long stuff so i dragged our groupe into the tight fast stuff. lol i stopped after about 10 min looked back and everybody was a dune behind :beerpint: when they pulled up they said i thought you only had second which i did lol i made em sweat lmao. we duned some more and headed back to camp. we all left north pole at scattered times so on the way back i see malibue on the face of the dunes facing camp he had founf a roller hill to pop wheelies and a lil jump so i jumped in on that and my car started to sputter so went back for fuel.

evening dune run was more exciting we found some good jumps. i hit one out by talledega that was near verticle i hit that sucker and went straight up in the air verticle like rocket man lol landed in a vert wheelie it was awsom. we found our women on there dune run and they were taking a break so we went over to them and we spied another jump so i started horsing around there. capt wife got some really cool pics there. we saw eliminator out there and talked with his crew . we were at the north pole i was looking at my car and noticed a cv boot had torn in half :beerpint: aaaaaa fk !! so i nursed it back to camp and no more duning.

sunday we took the ranger and rhinos and went up sperry wash trail to the talc mines it was fun we had water fights and got sunburned but we kaughed and had a ball. we were tired and sunburned when we got home so i didnt want to post nothin. ill see whats on the camera and post it later.

observations)

dont race comp till your calmed down

dont think capt kllm is going to bring the right booz lol call first

tinas acrobatics need some work :beerpint:

capt still needs more flying lessons :clap:

capt is the most non stop player i swear he never stops

brings his quad in to cool down and jumps right into his buggy he never sits still !! :laughing:

fasterdaddy needs his beadlocks or we may never get him to jump again.

kllm is the grill master !!

fasterdaddy and kllm have identical chicken legs

my wife wants her own rail :beerpint: ( she drove ours ) did a good job too

jeff dunham is funny sh*t

meeting the kllms and becoming closer friends with a few ddr people ( you no who you are ) has made this season one of the best seasons ive ever had . very memorable and fun awsome awsome awsome. :laughing:

thank you guys for making a very entertaining season with new friends. :beerpint:

great end to a great season !!!

Edited by barefoot bob

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend, had a great time we had a small camp so it was nice & quite, went to south pole & hooked up with Sand Saw & his crew, my kid took them to a jump for a little air time also met up with the dude with the orange YFZ 450 stretched bad a$$ bike. :laughing: The dunes were awesome nice & smooth good fast runs with out a bunch of traffic I will post more pics later.

post-2263-1206375860_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375355_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375441_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375265_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375238_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375218_thumb.jpg

post-2263-1206375195_thumb.jpg

Easter was a blast.

We showed up around 2 pm friday finally got there without getting a flat tire :beerpint:

David took me on a buggy ride doing jumps and wheelies I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but it was fun

he got a lot of air on a few

Then not long after that it was sunset and we (Michelle and me) got the drink on and david cooked and then we got the projector out and yes watched Jeff Dunhamm

I laughed till I cried :clap:

Saturday got some real nice rides in we rode all day I followed the ranger and rhino and every now and then would take off and do some fast riding then fall right back in line THENNNN the last ride of the day hmmm let me just day I went head over hills and landed with the quad on top of me however for the most part me and the bike are fine (just don't make me laugh or cough then its all good :) )

Now were back at camp and I thought I got a free pass to be a party poooper and head to bed but :laughing: Michelle says no excuses so I stayed as long as I could :laughing:

It was nice to see sandchick and mike at camp and go on some rides with them.

And meeting britincali

Sunday got up made some breakfast burritos and the kids went on a easter egg hunt it was great then Bob and Michelle took my kids up to the sperry wash for the day they had a great time.

all in all awesome trip.

post-2759-1206377802_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206377879_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206377927_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206377950_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378035_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378012_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378067_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378155_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378130_thumb.jpg

post-2759-1206378196_thumb.jpg