dunefreak Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 I heard there was a burn incident at Dumont last weekend. A buggy with a front engine had the radiator hose spray on the driver, and a little on the passenger. They evacuated the driver with 36% of his body in second degree burns. The driver's first name is Jim. Does anyone know him or how he is doing? I hope he and the passenger are ok. :boyyy: Quote
indasand Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Holy chit that sucks I hope there going to be OK........ :boyyy: Quote
BLUE STEEL Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Kit Kat and I are praying for them. :praying: Quote
dirtprincess Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 He is a friend of Richies (50 cal) from DumontDunes.com. The passenger was his wife. She came by camp for help and seemed fine. Haven't heard anything since. Get well soon Jim. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 28, 2008 Author Posted March 28, 2008 Thats good to hear, Becky. I figured something would have been on DD.com if it was one of his buddies, but never I saw anything. Good to hear they are ok. Let us know how he is if you hear anything else. Quote
TbonesMalones Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 I hope its not my old roommate Jim. He's always out at dumont and he's Richies friend. Jim has a big azz chevy on some swampers. let me check his myspace. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 28, 2008 Author Posted March 28, 2008 I hope its not my old roommate Jim. He's always out at dumont and he's Richies friend. Jim has a big azz chevy on some swampers. let me check his myspace. Does he have a front engine sandrail? I heard thats what it was. Quote
Richard Cheese Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 that sucks man.... i hope everything is OK Quote
predu Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 just talked to richie, yep lost a hose,said his skin was peeling and blistering on his body. only place he didnt get burned was behind his goggles.said it was the worst pain he has ever felt he started rolling in the sand cause it felt like he was on fire Quote
jimg2521 Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 oh yeah ^^^^^^^^^^^^ not the same jim Hey guys, I'm Jim the guy who got burnt at dumont saturday . I'm doing ok thanks for all the concern . here's some pictures of the burns. I got pretty lucky they didn't turn out to bad. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 29, 2008 Author Posted March 29, 2008 YOWCH! Wow, Jim...that looks painfull. I'm glad you didn't get MORE hurt. I wish you a speedy recovery. Let us know if there is anything we can do for ya. Quote
jtgroover Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 Not to Preach But THat is one of the Reasons I never trusted Front engine Rails. Looks Mighty painful Heal up and get back out there. Quote
MAXDOUT Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 :shocked2: HOLY CHIT!!! Good luck on your recovery. That looks painful. Quote
high octane junkie Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 one hell of a bar story there. heal swiftly brother. Quote
britincali Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 Are "the boys" OK ??????????????????????? Quote
Danielle Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 That looks like it hurts,I hope you feel better real soon.I burnt my arm on the exhaust pipe a year ago and that hurt badly for 2 weeks to only think how you must feel. Get well Quote
Kitcat Posted March 30, 2008 Posted March 30, 2008 Wow! That looks pretty painful! :shocked2: I hope you heal well! Quote
Noozeyeguy Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 Dayumn that looks painful. I can't even imagine a lapful of hot coolant. Get better soon! Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 Dayum Jim. Take care....hope you heal quickly. Burns suck big time. Quote
AL T Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 (edited) SO Sorry i Know how burns hurt Get Better AL Edited March 31, 2008 by AL T Quote
lvnalolife Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 Ouch! That made me cringe in pain. Hope "the boys" are ok! Glad its not as bad as it could have been. Hope you have a speedy healing and hope to see you out there! Keep us posted. Quote
DarbyCrash Posted April 2, 2008 Posted April 2, 2008 Hey Jim, I was wondering why the fire trucks were rolling down the road Best wishes to you and I sincerely hope they are giving you some killer pain pills. My family sends their best. Quote
Just Mike Posted April 2, 2008 Posted April 2, 2008 Hey Jim. Richie told me you doing better. Hope you heal soon. We got some Coral pink missions to go on this summer. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.