Motor went ByeBye!

bp-guy

I was in Glamis for the last trip of the season and was hearing a ticking noise Saturday night and Sunday morning. I thought it was the CV's clicking but to my dismay it was a rod bearing about to let go.

My last high speed run down the whoops and she let go! It was a real hard shuttering thru the whole car. The paddles were throwing sand so I couldn't see the smoke screen I was making until I stopped back in camp.

Atleast I made it to camp and it was the last trip of the season so I have plenty of time to get it back up and running.

post-1872-1207702297_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1207702308_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1207702321_thumb.jpg

I never picked it up. I am sending IM's to the guy selling the motors on here and might get one from him. I am not in a hurry so I will be shopping around.

It also gives me time to explore the option of a different motor for the car. I really like the V8 sound but I am open to anything if the price is right.

cadillac new star is a very reliable alternative to a big v8

my dads SU car has it in that, an that thing screams...and its starts right up every time and runs great...i would recommend it for a low maintnence but competetive engine.

:bawl: That sucks Tim. :bawl: Bummer.

I can't remember what motor you had in there. :bawl:

You know the Honda has been good to many of us. :bawl:

Ohh and COORS LIGHT for us bro. :poop_hittin_the_fan:

:foshizz:

:barf: That sucks Tim. :blink: Bummer.

I can't remember what motor you had in there. :blury:

You know the Honda has been good to many of us. :booty:

Ohh and COORS LIGHT for us bro. :beercheers:

:foshizz:

V8 Aurora??????????

All that money spent and it doesent last 1 season? Do you think you know the problem or was it a beefed up motor to begin with...

I know when i built drag bikes i dident spend anytime on them because they were so sensative and just raced them up the hill, they always had to be freshened up and cost money every trip..

Maybe stay close to stock for now and get your money's worth, atleast me i couldent afford stuff like that hapening.

Good luck :beercheers:

It was a used motor to begin with. I am not mad at all that it went on me. Sure it sucks but now I can get a NEW motor and know exactially what it gets put thru.

It might have been low on oil but I can't be sure and yes it was an AURORA motor.

cadillac new star is a very reliable alternative to a big v8

my dads SU car has it in that, an that thing screams...and its starts right up every time and runs great...i would recommend it for a low maintnence but competetive engine.

Is that the same as a northstar? :blink::booty::beercheers:

Tim if you have the Aurora engine it is a V8 not a V6.

Just put a LS1 in it and forget about it.

Even a stock LS1 would be nice and have more power.

:ban-split::beercheers: I think he knows what he has. Pretty sure he was referring to the "new star" that someone mentioned earlier. ;)