Miles on your truck

MAXDOUT

01 7.3 PSD F350 200+K Runs Strong as H3ll! If it aint broke don't fix it.....

Minor issues (up pipe seal, and turbo pedastal seals), but I have no plans on selling her.

Checked it at lunch: 218,55x.XX Miles

the most i have gotten out of one vehichle was my 92 3/4ton ford 4wd w/ the 351 windsor... Had 140+ on the original motor.. then i gave it to my brother as i bought a new truck and he put another 40 or 50k on it.. so 190k out of one motor with no extensive work other than body work (my brother wrecked it twice) and some axle hangars breaking and a coil and pan gasket. :D

23k on my 04 F-250 (V-10)...

Does anyone have any recomendations on when to change out tranny fluid and rear end fluid...? I was shooting for 25k to change the tranny fluid, but I was wondering if I should do it sooner or more often since I tow a lot. :DDRrocks:

They recommend diffs front and rear every 15K and trans every 30K. If your doing a lot of towing (1/3rd your total milage or more) I'd recommend 12K on the diffs and 20K on the trans. No such thing as over changing your fluids.

o3 chevy tahoe.....74k

03 duramax....just turned 80k....i plan on runnin this bad boy into the ground!!

looks like we have some :DDRrocks::laughing: :jester2: love happenin here @ DDR!!

Cross your fingers Chevy lovers. I ditched my 01 Duramax 3500 last year because at 84K it blew a head gasket and a weld in the rear differential gave way and she started leaking like a 6 month old with the hiccups. Both happened within a 3 month period and between 80K and 84K. one size up on the tires, no lift and the only mod was a Banks exhaust and K&N intake. I was 8 months out of warrenty and Chevy told me to "pound sand" even though I was under the 100K. Before that I had a '98 Tahoe that at 40K blew a head gasket and the rear diff side bearings came apart.

Now I drive a 07 2500 Dodge Megacab with the new Cummins. Just rolled 20K today. I was a service advisor for Dodge and know that they are pretty bullitproof until about 140K when you get to replace the fuel pumps.

I think everyone is forgetting Tyler's main reason for starting this thread. :DDRrocks: ....

How many miles do you guys run up to on your truck before its time to get a new one???

Cross your fingers Chevy lovers. I ditched my 01 Duramax 3500 last year because at 84K it blew a head gasket and a weld in the rear differential gave way and she started leaking like a 6 month old with the hiccups. Both happened within a 3 month period and between 80K and 84K. one size up on the tires, no lift and the only mod was a Banks exhaust and K&N intake. I was 8 months out of warrenty and Chevy told me to "pound sand" even though I was under the 100K. Before that I had a '98 Tahoe that at 40K blew a head gasket and the rear diff side bearings came apart.

Now I drive a 07 2500 Dodge Megacab with the new Cummins. Just rolled 20K today. I was a service advisor for Dodge and know that they are pretty bullitproof until about 140K when you get to replace the fuel pumps.

There's no need to cross my fingers. Dmax's are very reliable trucks. I have never even seen a head gasket blow on a DMax yet that has come through the dealer I work at, nor do we ever see any rearends fail like you described. :jester2: You had some wierd issues with your's. The head gasket should have been covered under the D policy (under 100K powertrain warranty). You should have raised more of a fitt and contacted GM directly. they would have had that dealer cover it.

Seems like you have head gasket and rearend problems no matter what truck you drive. :flipoff::laughing: j/k

I think everyone is forgetting Tyler's main reason for starting this thread. ....

QUOTE(maxdout @ Apr 15 2008, 06:28 PM)

How many miles do you guys run up to on your truck before its time to get a new one???

:laughing: Its all good........................ :DDRrocks:

who cares what he wants we want to talk this is a highjacking put your hands up suka !!!!!!! :DDRrocks::blah:

o5 dodge diesel 75,000 lost a tranny and a lift pump under warrenty.

01 nissan exterra 90,000 runs fine

95 jeep yj 65,000 factory miles

02 alpha cya 36 footer 25,000

rail :laughing:

quads :jester2:

boat :flipoff:

ranger 65 hours

crf 450 honda :booty:

98 ford f150 120,000

77 chevy 1 ton 200,000 + has a new motor and trans

42 chevy army truck :chug:

trailers (3) :lol:

when is it time to sell them when im broke or board with them :lol:

Old vehicles...

1968 VW bug 200k+ (3 motors, 2 trannys and way more parts to even begin to count)

1987 Chevy K10 shortbox 200k

1988 toyota 4x4 40k to 185k (clutch)

1990 toyota 4runner 4x4 20k to 200k (head gaskets and timing belt)

1995 dodge ram 4x4 5.9 gasser 9k to 200k (biggest pos I owned) (2 trannys, 1 rear axle, 1 front axle, countless brake jobs, & front end parts)

1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 80k to 165k (just sold) (intake gasket)

Just got an 05 GMC D-Max w/ 90k.....

I'll stick to chevy..... I know I am missing about 4-5 more vehicles. All my vehicles were sold before they turned into money pits.... or upgrades to something nicer..

You should have raised more of a fitt and contacted GM directly. they would have had that dealer cover it.

Sorry Tyler, I just gotta put this:)

I did contact GM. "Sorry sir, your out of warrenty by time not milage" I beleive the dealer I was working with had already put out the "Dealer Advisory (red flag)" on me. They wanted to cash in on the $18K they wanted to ding me for the new head gasket and diff housing. CP kicks the crap out of warrenty on that kinda stuff:)

I'm not trying to bag on Chevy (that much). It's just my dumb luck. Every Maufacturer has issues with something. Ford= Bad Transmissions, Dodge= Bad Diffs, Chevy= Bad weird crap that you don't see coming.

And now, back to the thread :6pak:

Edited by DarbyCrash

2004 Duramax--64,000 miles

2000 Expedition-- 65,000

Sandrail-- :clap:

1965 Mustang-- 120,000 (current restoration project)

Wife-- 12 years of gentle mileage with the Occasional weekend of DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!! :laughoff: :6pak:

Lately we haven't kept a car for more than 3 years! I'm hoping we keep the Tahoe and the Ram for at least 5 years. My Tahoe has about 20K miles. I have no idea how many miles we have on the Ram.

:6pak:

96 chevy 140k

The ranger I had before this went 285k on original drivetrain. Standard stuff was changed starter/alt/water pump/brakes and it had 1 clutch put in it, other than that all original...and no leaks (maybe it didnt have oil?)

They recommend diffs front and rear every 15K and trans every 30K. If your doing a lot of towing (1/3rd your total milage or more) I'd recommend 12K on the diffs and 20K on the trans. No such thing as over changing your fluids.

I think about 1/2 of the 23k miles are towing! I'm takin her in this week to get her ready for Newport Dunes, then Yosemite next month!

Thank's for the input... :beer_bang: