the official ddr summer night drags

quad~dizzle

Nick,

Which way do you guys head out?

across potosi and thru tecopa usually. Especially if im rollin in just my car :D 110 gets you to dumont QUICK with no coppers to worry about hehe

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited to go now. I cannot wait for this weekend to come.

I just wanna ask if anyone would mind me parking and camping with them for the night.

Just let me know I'll be coming up from riverside on the 15 fwy i'm bringing the hauler out

You're more than welcome to camp with us. Were gonna tent it also, but if we end up taking the hauler there is room for more peeps.

Just let me know I'll be coming up from riverside on the 15 fwy i'm bringing the hauler out

If either of you guys want to meet up and caravan out there post it up and let me know. I will try my hardest to leave Ontario by 4:00. Always better to travel in packs just in case :beercheers:

Depending on which end of town you live on there are a couple ways to get there... if more north west head towards amargosa and take that road into pahrump like the feller above. If you prefer to go over mt potosi and live on the north end of town make your way to charleston like your going to head thru redrock.. follow the loop all the way to blue diamond hang a right climb over the mountain and look for the sign that says tecopa.. There will be a cell phone tower right by the turn and a mineing area where they were digging something.. hang that left and follow it allllllll the way to the 127 about 40 miles or so. Once you hit the 127 hang a left and once you drop down into the dumont valley im sure you can figure it out from there :D

or if your on the south side of town.. just make your way to blue diamond and head west then follow the directions above.

Sand-chick Most of us will be getting there a hour or 2 before sunset so i would say prollllly somewhere from 6-7ish. if you leave at 5 when stacey gets off you will be getting there right about the time everyone else will.

I live over up Sunrise Mountain so I guess I would go 15 South to Blue Diamond then take the road to Tecopa (Spanish Trail Highway) then turn South on 127?

Grey

Edited by grey

That's it. I live right off of Blue Diamond so you will be passing my house going over the hump towards Pahrump.

I live over up Sunrise Mountain so I guess I would go 15 South to Blue Diamond then take the road to Tecopa (Spanish Trail Highway) then turn South on 127?

Grey

We live in the northwest, so we usually go like we are headed to Amargosa, then take the turn off to go to Pahrump. When we get into Pahrump, you take the Shoshone (route 372) to the 127. I have not towed the hauler over POT yet and the Tecopa road leaves something to be desired.

I live on the northwest side as well. I have taken the back way almost every trip. I think that it takes much less gas though to go through tacopa so I will be heading that way. Driving through the back way is a much nicer drive though.

I live on the northwest side as well. I have taken the back way almost every trip. I think that it takes much less gas though to go through tacopa so I will be heading that way. Driving through the back way is a much nicer drive though.

I am thinking about trying the Tecopa way and possibly caravan with peeps. I have not pulled the hauler down that narrow road yet though. Plus I always seem to get hit with rocks on that road when we take it with the flat trailer.

All this talk about the Tecopa road being scary to tow down is nonsense. :beercheers: I could tow my hauler fuggin blindfolded through that chit if I had to.....and my setup is over 60 feet long in length. :grin::usa:

It's not that bad. The road gets bumpy and "whooped out" in some spots, but if you have towed a trailer more than 3 times in your life you will have no problem.

:DDRrocks: So check i out.... NIGHT DRAGS! :offtopic: I can't wait to get a sand fix. :D

Oh and if someone has to pay for the lights I dont mind throwing some $$$$ for them!

NO LIGHTS. Im pretty sure someone has said that in this thread already. This isnt an event, this is just a bunch of people getting together for a sand fix and to hang out with friends and meet new ones! :beercheers:

Pretty sure I read about lights a few pages back young lady!!

Yea Stacy. I am thinking he is right. Just because there a few lights doesn't mean this is an organized event. :stir: Anyway , I would try to bring something to make your own light if you can.

I'd bring the bike with the light. I haven't heard as of yet that anyone is planning on bringing any lights out. I probably would if I had access to some and wasn't already pulling a trailer out, but that's not the case. The BLM has told me it wouldn't be an issue if we had some. The only reason it would be looked at as an organized event is if we were charging/ collecting money or holding some kind of "contests".

Maybe we can use some of the trucks' headlights like we did last August. ?? :beercheers:

Then on august 9th quad-dizzle said, let there be light!

I might have the hook up through work to get a light tower at a local rental place on demo so there would be no cost! Just might need help getting the quad or something out there inplace of the light tower outta vegas.

Not trying to be an azz just showing what I read........Paul.............I would rather pay for some lights then a helicopter ride!!!

Edited by stock 350

My bad, I obviously didnt read the last few pages of the nite drags. :DDRrocks: Sowwwwy ! :beercheers:

no Problem its all good! by the way I was at the last 2 night rides last summer! maybe this time I will man up and come meet some of u peeps :offtopic:

I'm ressurecting the list, add yo screename if ya'll is headin out. Peace.

Dunefreak

Duniemonkie

quad~dizzle

ISBB?

SinCity blondie

Malibu VLX

Sandchick

Wingnut

indasand

Suzukilt

RUn2it

powerhouse

SandSoulja

barefoot Bob

Sandpsycho

mineurbiz (98%)

Grey

CaptNkllm

Dunelover

dune demon

britincali

suzltr450rider

bigtruckdrmr

Edited by suzltr450rider

I'm ressurecting the list, add yo screename if ya'll is headin out. Peace.

Dunefreak

Duniemonkie

quad~dizzle

ISBB?

SinCity blondie

Malibu VLX

Sandchick

Wingnut

indasand

Suzukilt

RUn2it

powerhouse