ways to make dune trips cheaper

dunefreak

"become a dune groupie.. drink other peoples beer, eat other peoples food, and crap in other peoples hauler "

hide from these people :ninja::slap:

turn your turbos down and run 91 octane on the rails

Edited by barefoot bob

Whine alot about how I really can't afford to go this time the Danny pays for everything. j/k

Pete pretty much said it all. I always plan meals ahead and most of the time, between both of our houses we have most things in stock. I shop for beer when it is on sale. Stock pile you own ice. Just empty your ice maker once a week and save that up, if you have the room to store it.

Go on the Monkie Dune Diet: this is pretty much all I need out there, even though we buy a ton of food...

1 bag salt & vinegar chips

oatmeal

coffee

veggie or fruit tray

beer, gin, and tonic

1 bag chicken nuggets for the pizzazz

1 box microwave bacon (for special occasions)

:beercheers:

• 1 year later...

Hang out at the Kllms hauler and you won't have to bring your own food :beercheers: .

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2...tina makes some killer burritos....but i paid for it

their son kicked my a$$ with a light saber :think:

i usually get water, fuel, and even sometimes wait on the ice until i am in pahrump...no sense in draggin extra weight up the hill.

Costco or sams club is good if you have extra room around the house to store stuff, the bulk size of things usually is good for a couple trips. not all things of course but things that can last, canned stuff, paper good, freezer items, things like that. buy the larger cases of stuff and just spilt them up, and take them on a couple trips.

this one may sound lame, but i have noticed that the exchange size propane bottle (i have a few for the BBQ, not everyone needs that size) the price varries quite a bit sometimes around town. the last time i exchanged them i paid like 23 bucks or so, and yesterday i was driving through the walmart parking lot on serene and they were 16.99. exchange the empties when you see them cheap and then your ready when the next trip.

If you stock up on certain things during your daily travels it saves you from having to do all the last minute running around too.

Plus there is always the old stand-by, spare change jar, anytime you have some change, or some singles at the end of the day, throw them in a jar, its one of those things that seems petty at the time, but its bizarre how quik you can accumulate a hundred or so bucks. it doesnt cover the whole trip but it for sure helps!

THE......YES! THE!!....best way to save money!.............

buy a :atc: .......................i think i have put about 8 dollars in gas in that thing.... :beercheers:

"become a dune groupie.. drink other peoples beer, eat other peoples food, and crap in other peoples hauler "

hide from these people :beercheers::think:

turn your turbos down and run 91 octane on the rails

LOL Bob they have a song for that lol

Draft big rigs. Yeah, sounds funny but my old Dodge class C had a Dodge440 guzzler and leaving Havasu with an enclosed trailer/seadoos/quad tractor late nite on a Sunday the big rigs would haul a$$ on the west I40 and I'd CB radio the caboose for a what's up and at 85+ would barely be on the gas and the old Dodge would be rocking side to side in the vacuum. Didn't do it for the financial aspect, would be dog tired and the rocking 10 ft behind a big rig that fast kept me awake no problem but would up the mileage from 7mpg for sure. Was in the middle of the train once but the rig behind me would be so close my trailer would start swapping. Less bugs but more grime on the front