buyer beware

lvmedixs

I found out something interesting this weekend. We have sot someone taking advantage of us out there. $10 sparkplugs and $30 radiator caps just to name a few. I know its a huge benifit to be abe to get parts and what not at vendor row, but we shouldnt be taken advantage of. The only thing that I know is that Phil at the Doghouse has been at the dunes for years and runs a fair business and will always have mine. Its a free country and you can pay for overpriced things if you want just make sure you check all of the vendors and just not the guy in the beat up looking trailer. We need vendors dont get me wrong just not ones that are ripping us off. Whats next $100 whips just because..........

I agree with the overpricing but why not bring your own parts like plugs and oil. its not like they go bad or you'll never use them. I have been caught offgaurd before and been to the doghouse trailer. Your right they are reasonable.

What blew me away this past weekend was the $10 for a lousy 8 lb. bag of ice!!! They were $1.70 or something like that at Valero when I rolled in there Thursday afternoon.

Thanks to Mikey at Dumont, Doghouse will be bringing 3 different radiator caps with me from now on. I have already bought them and put them into inventory. I have also decided to bring into inventory personal items that I have been asked for: condoms, chap stick, sunblock, lantern mantels, roof vent lids for when yours gets ripped off in the wind, double a & triple a batteries.

I have also just decided to bring dry snack foods that I've been asked for.

Mikey was also trying to charge a guy $20 to open a jet - fortunately the guy came to me and I charged him my customary $5 per jet to open.

Doghouse

Thanks to Mikey at Dumont, Doghouse will be bringing 3 different radiator caps with me from now on. I have already bought them and put them into inventory. I have also decided to bring into inventory personal items that I have been asked for: condoms, chap stick, sunblock, lantern mantels, roof vent lids for when yours gets ripped off in the wind, double a & triple a batteries.

I have also just decided to bring dry snack foods that I've been asked for.

Mikey was also trying to charge a guy $20 to open a jet - fortunately the guy came to me and I charged him my customary $5 per jet to open.

Doghouse

if you can get away with it how bout smokes :shocked: i hate it when i run out :mischevious:

What blew me away this past weekend was the $10 for a lousy 8 lb. bag of ice!!! They were $1.70 or something like that at Valero when I rolled in there Thursday afternoon.

I know this has been said before but don't forget that guy has to drive out there, run generator non-stop 24 hours for what 3 days, pay to be there and pay a percent to the blm for every sale. How much gas would it cost you to drive back to baker and your time. Some people do charge a ton but most are resonable including DOGHOUSE.

:shocked:

were out in the middle of the farkin desert...nearest services are 30 miles away.....capitalism rules......

id like to complain about it too, but what are you going to do??? those vendors pay money to be out there on the weekends, and sometimes all week, they will charge whatthey can get away with

you think that ice was cheap in baker?? i paid 3 bucks for 20 lb bags of ice in bako, and valero wanted 4 bucks for the 7 lb bag??

either way, yer gonna get :mischevious:

We vend out there and beleive me it is not cheap. We have all the same fee's everyone else does plus the added fee's for vending. We have to have insurance that names the BLM as well.

Guys like Mikey who are our there all time on the off weekends may only get a few sales a day, however he has to pay the BLM for every day he is there.

We go out and play too and if I need something like a spark plug and it's 10.00, either my weekend is over or I spend 50.00 in fuel to teach him a lesson. I'll take the 10.00 spark plug and say thank you.

:?: We should support all the Vendors.Mikey has been GREAT over the years,Two weeks ago they took care of our Broken Buggy on a Sunday At a FAIR price.Hell I just paid $18.00 for a plug for my bike in town at Carter :mischevious: Give me a Crew in a BEAT up Trailers any Day :shocked::pissed:

i just paid abut 12 bucks for a set of ngks for my rail jeeez where you guys buying plugs ????

Out at Dumont?

Power Sport Plugs are different. To buy direct you have to buy about 30,000 plugs a month. I have one each plug that fits a suzuki that straight retail is 35 and 45 each. I won't stock the 90.00+ plug. lol

Normally plugs run 3.25 to 11.00 for the Iridiums. We sell our plugs at the dunes from 5.00 to 12.00 however I'm only there on the "big holliday" weekends If I was out there every off weekend I'd have to sell them for more.

Edited by SandBlasted

:rockwoot::think:

Sorry about that but unfortunately Cook's Ice which has been there for years won't be there until Thurs., Oct. 30. The ice was purchased from them at their company in Pahrump for $1.00. They'll be there on Fri. & Sat. too !! They come down for Thanksgiving , between Christmas and New Years, Presidents Day and other holidays. Cook's Ice has been contacted about the situation and they said if there was enough business they would come down other times too because they're upset about the price gouging especially using their ice against the people and themselves.

About 3 or years back we bought an Portable ice maker for the 5th wheel. Paid over 300.00 for it. It is now 199.00 at camping world and I think costco gets them from time to time for even less. Every 8 to 12 min depending on the size you select, this lil baby drops 12 round ice cubes. Ours will make 29 pounds a day if you keep on top of it.

Ice Maker

Actually this is closer to the one we got

Edited by SandBlasted

Sorry to sound negative......but if you can't afford it stay home. :blah:

These vendors spend alot of time, money and effort to get you people who come un-prepared taken care of. Shut the hell up and be thankful they are out there. :think:

But your right the ice is a rip off. :rockwoot::lol: