Screwed over by another ATV shop in town

dunefreak

So the day or 2 before I left for Dumont this last trip I went into this EXTEREMEly overpriced shop here in town on Gibson Rd. It was kinda my last ditch effort to pickup some heal gaurds for my Raptor. The guy (the owner) tells me he has a set but they were for use w/ nerf bars. He said they'd still bolt up to the pegs and probably the frame too. He says gimme 50 bucks and they're yours. I say ok, as long as they bolt up I don't care if the fenders don't bolt to them- I'll rig something up. So I say ok, give him 50 bucks (no reciept :headbang1: ), and I'm off.

So I take them home. I took one of the factory ones off and noticed they didn't even come close. They don't even bolt up the the foot pegs. Today I brought them back to the dude. I say "remember these?" he says yeah. I say "well they don't even come close. I asked if he could order me some that DO fit, preferably the GYTR (Yamaha) ones. He insists he orders me some DG ones for like 140 bucks. I said, wtf the GYTR ones are 89.99 from the DEALER. He pretty much ignores me and says "well here's what I can do. I can give you a gift card :woo_hoo: for what I sold these to you. How much were they...20 bucks right?" I say "uhhh NO- 50 bucks. Tell ya what just give me 40 bucks back and we'll call it even." He says "since there was no receipt and how WE did that transaction, "THEY won't let us do it that way." WTF?? He's the owner! Who won't let him?

So he writes me a gift card for 40 bucks, not 50 for what I paid. He says is that cool, I said "no not really I want my cash back."He says "you'll need something soon like a tire or tube or something right?" I finally gave up and said yeah whatever dude. I think I can by a quart or 2 of oil from that place for 40 bucks. They charge 7.00 for the SMALL Yamalube 2R bottles. They are EXTREMEly overpriced and don't know how to do business.

Lesson learned: don't shop at a place you know sucks a$$ and is overpriced- even in times of desperate need. :ahhhhh:

same place charges 150.00 for billet screws and there even cheaper at yamaha,,,dont figure,,that place is extremely gay to the mother fking wall!!!! the king is out!!!!!!!!!! :ahhhhh: :woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::drunk:

my buddy got screwed there 2. he wanted his truck lifted and his friend knows the owner.... He gets a price of $4300 and puts 1k down. so I talk to Mike Smith (the guy who did my lift) and he tells me he can do it for about $3200 installed, aligned, and with fox shocks. My buddy goes back to get his deposit back and is told "sorry it is special ordered and its already on the way". he is mad as hell now and says screw it. so he drops his truck off to get the work done and i give him a ride to pick it up the next day. it is not done, so we hang out. we walk around and look at it on the lift...almost done. He gets called up to the counter and is told his truck is done and that he needs to pay the balance. so he says $3300 is the balance right. the response is "we had some unforseen stuff come up and its gonna be a little more." Ok how much? the total comes out to the tune of almost $4800 total. :headbang1: Then i say ok where does he need to take it for the alignment he paid for.... since they don't have an alignment rack. The answer .... its already aligned, we do it by lookin at it. :laughoff: I start laughing, but it is not really funny. All in all, he got screwed and over paid by like $1500. Not a happy customer., and the whole time the owner is askin me about my truck. Not cool. whatever happened to taking care of the customer?

my buddy got screwed there 2. he wanted his truck lifted and his friend knows the owner.... He gets a price of $4300 and puts 1k down. so I talk to Mike Smith (the guy who did my lift) and he tells me he can do it for about $3200 installed, aligned, and with fox shocks. My buddy goes back to get his deposit back and is told "sorry it is special ordered and its already on the way". he is mad as hell now and says screw it. so he drops his truck off to get the work done and i give him a ride to pick it up the next day. it is not done, so we hang out. we walk around and look at it on the lift...almost done. He gets called up to the counter and is told his truck is done and that he needs to pay the balance. so he says $3300 is the balance right. the response is "we had some unforseen stuff come up and its gonna be a little more." Ok how much? the total comes out to the tune of almost $4800 total. :ahhhhh: Then i say ok where does he need to take it for the alignment he paid for.... since they don't have an alignment rack. The answer .... its already aligned, we do it by lookin at it. :woo_hoo: I start laughing, but it is not really funny. All in all, he got screwed and over paid by like $1500. Not a happy customer., and the whole time the owner is askin me about my truck. Not cool. whatever happened to taking care of the customer?

That's some shady bullsh*t right there! :woo_hoo::headbang1::woo_hoo: Man, I'd be pissed!

I have never had any service there and don't plan on it. I have bought oil and stuff in a pinch, and yeah I paid out the arse for it, but when you need it....you need it. Sorry to hear about that Pete. They say good word of mouth spreads like fire, bad word of mouth spreads like wildfire!

I gave up on all my local High Desert shops. Never have parts and when you do order parts they are usually wrong. I think I mentioned this before a long time ago, but I decided to give one local shop a try and order my wife all new plastics for her Blaster. All was good except for the tank cover, it had a huge ripple down the side, a factory defect. I told the owner and she said it was normal. WTF?? I kept my cool for a while but we ended up getting in a big argument and blah blah blah. Place went out of business shortly after. Gee, I wonder why??

Rocky Mountain ATV on anything, even premix for the bikes. Cheaper, better service, and the order is always right.

I gave up on all my local High Desert shops. Never have parts and when you do order parts they are usually wrong. I think I mentioned this before a long time ago, but I decided to give one local shop a try and order my wife all new plastics for her Blaster. All was good except for the tank cover, it had a huge ripple down the side, a factory defect. I told the owner and she said it was normal. WTF?? I kept my cool for a while but we ended up getting in a big argument and blah blah blah. Place went out of business shortly after. Gee, I wonder why??

Rocky Mountain ATV on anything, even premix for the bikes. Cheaper, better service, and the order is always right.

LOVE R/M ATV!! Order bunches from them, gets here within 2 days, best price I've found for gear and such.

LOVE R/M ATV!! Order bunches from them, gets here within 2 days, best price I've found for gear and such.

Yeah I love Rocky Mountain too and use them as much as I can, but a day or 2 before a dune trip they aren't gonna be able to get you what you need in time. :(

They also don't carry heel gaurds for a Raptor, especially the GYTR ones. :laughing: Ragdoll is gonna hook me up though. :beercheers:

I was at Adam's drivetrain the other day....they have a sign posted in the waiting area that states a Nevada law that a service shop cannot charge more than 20% or $40 over a written estimate (which ever is cheaper). Wouldn't that apply to that guy who got ripped off with that $4,800 lift kit?

THE BOMB

(currently rebuilding a bigger badder Bomb)

I was at Adam's drivetrain the other day....they have a sign posted in the waiting area that states a Nevada law that a service shop cannot charge more than 20% or $40 over a written estimate (which ever is cheaper). Wouldn't that apply to that guy who got ripped off with that $4,800 lift kit?

THE BOMB

(currently rebuilding a bigger badder Bomb)

thats what i said... but they were like blah blah blah blah....and my buddy was like screw it, jes gimme my damn truck back

its been a while since i have been in there but the times i have they were cool. always gave me a discount and when i wrecked on my banshee and got sand in the bead of my front tire i took it in and when i picked it up there was no charge. guess they have some a hole running it now. :laughoff:

yeah that place on gibson gave me a estimate to lift my truck that was outrageous!! went and had it done at maxium offroad on arville for half the price!!

the best place for cheap atv/motorcycle and even rail parts is PARTS DIRECT near trop/arville its kinda a hard place to find though...