New Years trip reports

dunefreak

Let's hear em guys. :watching:

Our weekend was great. I didn't get out there till about 10:30 Fri night due to some last minute bs, but we made it!

Some weekend observations...

-crowds were pretty thin this weekend

-there were alot of people in the dunes on Saturday. I kept gettin almost running into all these groups of Rhinos everywhere. Group to the left, group to the right...."come on, get outta here!" :censored:

-wind kicked up most of the day Saturday, but the dunes ended up being pretty damn nice. I heard they were bad before then.

-weather was pretty nice Saturday but got COLD quick as soon as the sun went down

-got some great, really fast buggy runs in with ynot & Joe Duner :MBdance: Thanks guys

-managed to squeeze in a handfull of quad rides as well.

-meet and greet on Saturday was semi-small, but was able to meet a few people from the site...NE14SAND, camp idiot, some guy named Don, and a few others I can't remember now. Even saw and chatted with CAPTAINKIRK out there! :dayum: He rolled up w/ Dman. The DSD Crew were also there when me and b370 rolled up. Great seeing you guys again Malcolm & Bob :thumb:

-yo thanks again for the beverage, britincali :MBdance:

-a late afternoon putt putt ride turned into one of those epic runs. Sorry guys. Those dunes were badass and I couldn't go any slower. :smoker: Steveo was over it. LOL highoctanejunkie, sandYFZ, and Joeduner were hangin tough though regardless. Joe Duner was fuggin movin on the huntin quad too! LOL :cold:

-flannel vaJJ "pu pu pu pu" :laughoff: <--- only some will get that one :lol:

-I heard about a nasty buggy rollover at comp on Fri night

-comp was DEAD Sat night. Steveo, monkie, and myself ended up cruising over later in the eve Sat night. There were about 5 groups out there. It was cold as hell. We just sat in the warm truck listening to some tunes sippin on some drinks. lol :mex::grin:

-got a nice long quad ride in today with monkie, then just relaxed for a while and then took our time packin up. We ended up leaving about 3 ish I think.

All together this weekend was great! Even though it was a bit on the cold side at times, the dunes were great, we got a handull of good runs in, and was just a very relaxing chill time.

I didn't take as many as usual because I forgot my charger. :censored:

:blink: :redhat:

normal_New_Years_2009_001.jpg

this dude lost his ball haha

normal_New_Years_2009_002.jpg

:ynot:

normal_New_Years_2009_003.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_004.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_005.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_006.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_007.jpg

South pole...

normal_New_Years_2009_009.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_010.jpg

:poop: :dope:

normal_New_Years_2009_008.jpg

Saturday around 2:30...

normal_New_Years_2009_013.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_011.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_012.jpg

I almost got blown off this dune when taking this pic! :laughing:

normal_New_Years_2009_014.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_016.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_015.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_020.jpg

today (Sunday)

normal_New_Years_2009_021.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_024.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_025.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_029.jpg

this truck was duning pretty well

normal_New_Years_2009_023.jpg

newest Ranger station additions

normal_New_Years_2009_030.jpg

normal_New_Years_2009_031.jpg

Cool pics Pete! We left on Saturday. Sorry we missed you guys and the Meet & Greet this trip. We had a great time over New Years! One of us will post pics once we get them out of the camera!

:MBdance:

ok so i rolled in sunday and there was no one there. but i saw a lot of people leaving when i was coming in. stayed the whole week partied rode and played beer pong haahha. everything went great and we rolled out this morning around 9 it was a great trip and looking forward to going again.

Had a great time out as usual. Got out late afternoon on Wed, little later than expected due to unforeseen stuff... Took off Sat morning as the wind was picking up. Looked like the dunes got cleaned up nicely from Pete's pics, wish we could have stayed, but other stuff needed to be done here, Shanna was pretty sick the entire time. Stopped by Pete's Sat night and had a beer with him and Aaron, good seeing you again and the family having a good time. Until next time....Semper Fi, Woody

Trying to load up, Indy wanted to lay down on the ramp...

Dumont090101002.jpg

Dumont090101011.jpg

A good log for the fire....

Dumont090101020.jpg

Dumont090101021.jpg

Some horseshoes...

Dumont090101039.jpg

Dumont090101041.jpg

Dumont090101043.jpg

Dumont090101051.jpg

Dumont090101054.jpg

Dumont090101062.jpg

Dumont090101076.jpg

Dumont090101083.jpg

Dumont090101096.jpg

Dumont090101109.jpg

Dumont090101121.jpg

Dumont090101129.jpg

Dumont090101139.jpg

Dumont090101141.jpg

Dumont090101143.jpg

We went on Weds.....

New Years Eve consisted of some toy poppers and a midnight toast of champange :beercheers::newyears: ten minutes later it was off to bed....not even sure how we managed to stay up THAT late!

New Years day got alot of rides in on the quad..dunes were choppy choppy choppy...freaking whoops in the dune runs were :beercheers: I was over it and ready to throw in the towel and just do buggy runs the rest of the weekend..... :laughing: I got in one good sunset buggy ride.....

Friday....started out on a good run.... one of our group lost an air filter.... so tow back to camp...wait for a fix... test run....gone, see yeah... :dunno: oh well... finally came back tinker some more..said screw it and went on another quad ride! uggggg dunes were even worse!

Saturday spent most of the day watching movies..windy windy windy.. and I really wasn't feeling all that great....missed the meet n greet trying to take a nap and hope to feel better!! Finally felt a little better, gave up on any form of a buggy run so back out on the quad....then I thanked the winds for smoothing out the dunes and I didn't feel like my teeth were going to chatter out of my head! :laughing:

Sunday finally got in another buggy ride...soooooo glad I had my quad to ride the crap out of!! :headbang1:

Packed up to leave and freaking battery was DEAD!! Pete thanks for stopping and rescuing us on the way out! :beercheers:

Didn't hardly take any pictures at all this weekend either..... guess I was over it :lol::lol: I think I said that everyother sentance this weekend :lol:

Some pics......

I am so glad they make sugarfree candy canes, for my sugarfree cocoa! :grin:

post-2396-1231174713_thumb.jpg

Littlin FINALLY ready to ride!! :duniemonkie::yiah:

post-2396-1231174814_thumb.jpg

Getting instructions

post-2396-1231174899_thumb.jpg

And off on his own!! WOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

post-2396-1231176646_thumb.jpg

Assorted toys...

post-2396-1231175031_thumb.jpg

Sleepin in the buggy

post-2396-1231175073_thumb.jpg

New buggy in the sunset...still haven't got a ride in it... :shake:

post-2396-1231175152_thumb.jpg

Puppies playing...

post-2396-1231175212_thumb.jpg

Kiddies playing with the lighted football..that thing was BAD :booty::headbang1:

post-2396-1231175279_thumb.jpg

Jill and Charlie came over for a visit..Always good times!! :beercheers:

post-2396-1231175368_thumb.jpg

:barf::cold: dog was obessed with the shovel! :laughoff:

post-2396-1231175476_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175517_thumb.jpg

Out on a ride....

post-2396-1231175566_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175613_thumb.jpg

Some comphill Saturday action...

post-2396-1231175668_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175696_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175727_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175764_thumb.jpg

The "dance floor" made for some fun times on Saturday night AFTER it went in the fire! :laughoff: Always GREAT laughs with Cory around!! :lol:

post-2396-1231175884_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175908_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175948_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231175975_thumb.jpg

Shasta staying cozy in her jacket! :cold:

post-2396-1231176072_thumb.jpg

The green glow of the 125 LED's plus now the lighted whip of the Rooster rail... (hey Pete :flipoff::lol: I can already hear your comment of the LED's :lol:) But you'll be able to spot us from the TOP of comp :laughing:

post-2396-1231176236_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1231180225_thumb.jpg

All in all it was a fairly good weekend.... I am real glad I have my quad...now to get her graphics put on her!! :headbang1::headbang1:

Oh yeah... we still have one of FNOFFROAD's kids toy motorcycle.... we'll get that back to you!! :thumb::beercheers:

Edited by sand chick

What a great weekend!! Even though it was a windy on Saturday, Thanks to Pauly and Angela,Mike and Jodi :cold: Craig and Corey are fuggin Funny as hell to be around! :barf: Good times as usual I can't wait till next time :beercheers:

Jodi, No worries about my son's little dirtbike we'll get it whenever.

post-4070-1231180049_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180142_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180335_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180401_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180536_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180892_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231180963_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231181160_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231181214_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231181060_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1231181111_thumb.jpg

got there wednesday night. went to a camp a couple of my buddies were at but there were way out in the rocks, so i didn't even unload. went to sleep about 9pm, fireworks and stuff woke me momentarily.

left their camp at 7am, found a new site with some sand! and waited for raptoroy. took the shee's to the hill. played guitar hero. waited for my buddy rudy and my quad he brought out (i can only fit three quads and the rhino.)

got some good dunin' in on the raptor, the suzuki, and the shee. pete can lead an awesome dune ride. whipped some butt at the banshee hill. aaron has a fast drag bike, for sale too wtf? roy's hill raptor will own next weekend at FSA in glamis. i rolled the pink shee on banshee hill. the rhino had issues all weekend but ran all weekend too.

can't wait for next time.

The barstow crew and I got there wed. Good weekend until some drunk a-hole slammed his buggy into my buddy mikes banshee friday night. He was on the top of comp with 2 friends, lights on, right above where that rail flipped. BLM watched it happen. My friend is OK but it wrecked the back end of the banshee pretty bad. All in all still a good trip.

I had a great time. Lots of time spent with my boys on this trip. Like Jodi said Justin is finally warming up to riding his 50. Also Cory taught Jared ( my older son) how to work a clutch. Thanks Corey. Having him follow us on a buggy ride on a quad was friggin awsome. I was so proud of him. We had a great camp. Carl is a funny bastard. Pauly almost fell out of his trailer laughing at me. And again, thanks Pete for the jump start. I swear we were almost the last ones out there.

Edited by malibu vlx

All I can say is you are all one hellava crew to hang with!! Always fun to be around.

Hope someone :beerpint: got the splinter out after ridin the WOOD!

Corey not only rides my :whistle: but does the wood with clothes on and standing up :D Good job Corey, your always a hoot.

Mike your car looks real pertty with all the green lights. Looks Sharp.

Nikki might just get a shovel just for her.

To the Ladies , thanks for sharring a shot with me.

TO All the MISFITS: THANKS once again, always good times hangin with you. Never a dull moment!!!!!

The ds650 runs where a little rough, just gotta learn to ride all over again. Started getting it dialed in the way I want it, a work in progress. New tires, jet kit, new grips, nerf bars, etc.etc.ect. Runs great though.

Edited by JILL

Wed. and Fri. on my way home from work saw alot of trailers and motorhomes heading out the 15. Arrived at Dumont Fri night was very surprised not to see a huge crowd (where did all those people go?). We got our little dune (for the kids) Sat very windy burned 4 Xmas trees watched a very interesting dune war :yiah: . But Sunday was :whistle: GREAT! went on several long dune rides (Thanks Julie for leading) and then time to go we were probably the last ones to leave it was dark missed most of the traffic on the 15 can't wait for Presidents day.

got there wednesday night. went to a camp a couple of my buddies were at but there were way out in the rocks, so i didn't even unload. went to sleep about 9pm, fireworks and stuff woke me momentarily.

left their camp at 7am, found a new site with some sand! and waited for raptoroy. took the shee's to the hill. played guitar hero. waited for my buddy rudy and my quad he brought out (i can only fit three quads and the rhino.)

got some good dunin' in on the raptor, the suzuki, and the shee. pete can lead an awesome dune ride. whipped some butt at the banshee hill. aaron has a fast drag bike, for sale too wtf? roy's hill raptor will own next weekend at FSA in glamis. i rolled the pink shee on banshee hill. the rhino had issues all weekend but ran all weekend too.

can't wait for next time.

Ya roys raptor was nasty fast.Im glad it all came together for him.Pete did lead one hell of a dune ride.We were tearin up some smooth sand.The drag bike ran like a champ but its days are numbered.I have a buyer who is supposed to buy it tommorow and im going to get a bada$$ Raptor 700 duner if it all goes thru.I really hope it does im ready for some man$hit raptor seat time.The dragster has been the best to me any owner could ask for but its time to start a new chapter.Hopefully we will see what happens tommorow. :whistle:

great pics guys... Joe I saw you ride by our camp... I was waving but I don't think you saw me..

Roy was out there with his bike? I didn't see any fast fours but it's easy to miss unless you live at the hill.

There were quite a few real good running 4 strokes out there.I was surprised considering it seemed like a smaller weekend.Roy had everyone covered though for sure as far as 4 strokes went and even had some big banshee owners recognizing what was up.He broke me off big time. :whistle: