Happy St Patty's Day

dunefreak

WOO HOO...a holiday to drink. :drunks: :laughing::dunno:

I'm gonna throw on some green and head down to Tom Foolery tonight for some Irish grub and about ten pints of ale. :dunno:

What are everyone's plans? Any? :grin:

post-3-1237337881_thumb.gif post-3-1237337897_thumb.gif

Thought I'd share some history of the holiday...

video...

http://link.history.com/services/link/bcpi...bctid1455377204

Who Was St. Patrick?

St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, is one of Christianity's most widely known figures. But for all his celebrity, his life remains somewhat of a mystery. Many of the stories traditionally associated with St. Patrick, including the famous account of his banishing all the snakes from Ireland, are false, the products of hundreds of years of exaggerated storytelling.

The History of the Holiday

St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on March 17, his religious feast day and the anniversary of his death in the fifth century. The Irish have observed this day as a religious holiday for over a thousand years.

On St. Patrick's Day, which falls during the Christian season of Lent, Irish families would traditionally attend church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon. Lenten prohibitions against the consumption of meat were waived and people would dance, drink, and feast—on the traditional meal of Irish bacon and cabbage.

http://www.history.com/content/stpatricksday

I'll have a drink or two, but I have to study for finals. :dunno:

Somehow I wondered in here and can't find my way out!!! :bert:

Hope you pass that damn GED test this time Bro. :dunno: lol

JK, Good to hear from ya G. Sho..... :laughing:

--------------------------------------------

Oh, I went over and helped LouB drink all his beer tonight. :drunks:

Rode the Z50....... Jiah!

R-

Well since my uniform is green and I am working nights on the ATV unit I couldn't get out and drink. But we managed to sack up about 40 leprechauns last night! LOL

The hills come alive at night! It's a blast.

Well since my uniform is green and I am working nights on the ATV unit I couldn't get out and drink. But we managed to sack up about 40 leprechauns last night! LOL

Wow, 40, is that a typical night for you Tim??

Wow, 40, is that a typical night for you Tim??

Well, I usually work the day shift so it is a little slow (under 30 apprehensions on our shift) but at night riding the ATV I can get places the trucks can't and agents on foot take a longer time to respond. Last night we were working 3 groups of 10+ at the same time. Plus a larger group of 40 was still south and waiting to cross.

funny...my buddy didnt call them leprechauns...he called them "Tonks" thats the sound their flashlights made when they got thumped in the head.. :dunno::lol:

Apparently this all took place after we left???

Sorry I missed ya, Monkie. Would have been nice to see ya!! :blury:

Oh damn! Wish I had seen you as well. BTW, now I feel guilted into buying Avon. Damn you...

i could be a constent drip, drip, drip if he get a six pack of dem Bucket Ho's

:lol:

I actually thought the dunk (titty) tank was a really good idea, the establishment has to make $$ after all. I believe it was ~$5 for two balls. I just liked the sound of Whore in a Bucket. Another good band name huh Cheese :banghead: