rat bastard! never a dull moment

dunefreak

So here's the story. We get this BLM/ government truck (Chevy Uplander) in the dealership today for a crank/ no start condition. Sandsnake actually pawned the job off to me since I had nothing going on this afternoon. I said "sure why not?" :dope:

Well, come to find out the PCM harness (which consists of about 15-20 wires) was chewed through about 75% of the way by a rodent. :fight:

I looked a little further in the airbox where the PCM sits and I saw a tail. I think to myself, ok a dead rat. No biggie. I grabbed my long nose needle nose pliers to grab it and all of a sudden it squirmed into the air duct a little farther into the fender. :dayum::bawl: Son of a biatch was still alive! I shot it in the a$$ with some brake cleaner and bam it was gone.

So now the whole shop is gathered around the truck looking for this rodent. It was a good size fugger too. We're looking in the inner fender, pulling off the wheels, the fender liners, etc. Jim sarted spraying every nook and cranny with the water hose and nothing. We can find this thing anywhere. :lol: As we sat there and the excitement calmed down, Jim noticed the lil bastard sitting on the pass side strut tower just starting at us. :dumbass:

After shooting it with some shop air LOL, it squirmed into the pass side fender this time. :nah: There were so many hiding spots for this lil guy it was SO hard to find him. I kept shooting water in every inner frame rail and crossmember and nothing. :dunno:

To make a long story shorter....after many attempts of using the water hose, compressed air, looking everywhere with flashlights and mirrors, Jim finally used compressed air and brake cleaner and shot it in a crossmember and it ran out and hit the ground.

I caught it with a push broom. It squeeled and pissed itself LOL and then I dumped it in a box outside.

BaBerrrt felt bad for it so he's gonna take it to the desert for a new home. :idiot:

Today was slow as hell until this happened. Then it was quite the eventful day. NEVER A DULL MOMENT! :clown:

The pics....

chewed up wires (lil blurry sorry)...

post-3-1250817265_thumb.jpg

post-3-1250817070_thumb.jpg

post-3-1250817174_thumb.jpg

Danny from body shop got everyone good with the fake a$$ shop snake. :laughoff:

post-3-1250817222_thumb.jpg

THE SUSPECT

post-3-1250817358_thumb.jpg

post-3-1250817388_thumb.jpg

Bert has a new friend. :slap::lol:

post-3-1250817416_thumb.jpg

Now I gotta reassemble this damn truck back together and finally start working on it. :dope: :angry2:

post-3-1250817455_thumb.jpg

Who took it???

When I went to leave it was gone.

SAND SNAKE wanted to burn him :angry2: since he was covered in brake clean.

Pete just want to throw him in the dumpster :dumbass:

He was still alive so I said I would take him back to the desert. But someone took him :lol:

:?: I dunno. The box was still there when I left at about 10 after. :fight:

Aww poor Berty mousey. :(:idiot:

LOL :dumbass:

I've deffinately found a few by products of rats/mice....I.E. chewed wires, chewed padding, footprints, droppings...and even found a few of the culprits that met the cooling fans and serpentine belts :idiot: But have never found one still living in the vehicle....thats awesome lol

:idiot: Ok it was me...It was kool when I lit him on fire he squealed really loud ran around in circles really fast till he flipped over and just burned . burnt mouse does not smell very good :ah:

JUST KIDDING I let him go near the freeway and took a picture to prove it... :dumbass:

post-39-1250822655_thumb.jpg

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

:idiot: Rat Bastard! :lol:

I totally believed you burned him Jim. I really felt bad for Bert. :(

I was thinkin' we need to get Bert a hamster for his Bertday.

For now-on when you quote a job you need to ask if they got rats. :angry2:

Good job mANgs. :dumbass:

R-

:idiot: Rat Bastard! :lol:

I totally believed you burned him Jim. I really felt bad for Bert. :(

I was thinkin' we need to get Bert a hamster for his Bertday.

For now-on when you quote a job you need to ask if they got rats. :fight:

Good job mANgs. :dumbass:

R-

:bawl: Bertday! :angry2:

i often ask my self the same question.......i find rats inside gate operator all the time.....rats are putting my kids trough collage :dumbass:

now i know why you go so much to the pets store.... to buy rats....do you put one in every gate control you install :idiot::lol: :angry2:

Edited by jr1208

Too add to this type of story - This happens in Grocery stores all of the time - They love the jacket on network cable, so when your at the register and it goes array just thank a mouse that was running across your food to get to the cable that little f&* just chewed up....

Too add to this type of story - This happens in Grocery stores all of the time - They love the jacket on network cable, so when your at the register and it goes array just thank a mouse that was running across your food to get to the cable that little f&* just chewed up....

Thanks for the heads up. Is that your store in your avatar. Does the 1223 resemble the address.LOL

Just kidding :blah::MBdance:

:?: thanks for letting us know....i am never going to that avatar store :old: . :dunno::usa: .....

Edited by jr1208

So here's the story. We get this BLM/ government truck (Chevy Uplander) in the dealership today for a crank/ no start condition. Sandsnake actually pawned the job off to me since I had nothing going on this afternoon. I said "sure why not?" :blah:

Well, come to find out the PCM harness (which consists of about 15-20 wires) was chewed through about 75% of the way by a rodent. :old:

I looked a little further in the airbox where the PCM sits and I saw a tail. I think to myself, ok a dead rat. No biggie. I grabbed my long nose needle nose pliers to grab it and all of a sudden it squirmed into the air duct a little farther into the fender. :blah::usa: Son of a biatch was still alive! I shot it in the a$$ with some brake cleaner and bam it was gone.

:blah: Ok it was me...It was kool when I lit him on fire he squealed really loud ran around in circles really fast till he flipped over and just burned . burnt mouse does not smell very good :ah:

JUST KIDDING I let him go near the freeway and took a picture to prove it... :dunno:

post-39-1250822655_thumb.jpg

Thats funny sh*t there